Iran's Reza Alipour world champion in climbing

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
You're very welcome!

This sport is gonna be allowed in the Olympics. Depending on how the athletes will compete we have a chance for a gold medal here. :)

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
It's a very interesting sport and I actually like it, but I wouldn't consider this real speed climbing. The climbers are seemingly aided by an upward tension (or pull) from the rope. They're not really climbing those steps, more like running vertically while being lifted.

Am I wrong?

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
It's a very interesting sport and I actually like it, but I wouldn't consider this real speed climbing. The climbers are seemingly aided by an upward tension (or pull) from the rope. They're not really climbing those steps, more like running vertically while being lifted.

Am I wrong?

No, you're correct. This is speed climbing- the tile is misleading.

What's interesting is that Alipour is pretty muscular for a climber. The best climbers I've seen are lean yet very strong. I guess you need more muscle for speed climbing.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
No, you're correct. This is speed climbing- the tile is misleading.

What's interesting is that Alipour is pretty muscular for a climber. The best climbers I've seen are lean yet very strong. I guess you need more muscle for speed climbing.
Agha Kojaei?? Long time..