Iran's Weightlifting Going Down the Drain?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Guys I'm very worried about our weightlifting! The federation let Behdad Salimi and our other high profile weightlifters go and after that, even though we might have won medals, we haven't been able to repeat the successful years of Rezazadeh!

I can even see that this year, the Russian weightlifter, Aleksey Lovchev broke Rezazadeh's world record in clean & jerk and total!!!

[video=youtube;X7GVFS0X-0M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7GVFS0X-0M[/video]

We can not claim that the world's strongest man is Iranian anymore!! The only guy we have who had the ability of competing with that this year, would have been a 26 year old Behdad Salimi at his top form! WTF are these people doing?? As soon as Iran progress in a sport, hyenas are there to bring it down again!!!

Anybody has an idea of what is going on there in the federation? What are Salimi and the others doing? Any plans of their return?

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Well I would hardly call Rezazadeh a "success" as he was a well-known doper and has done everything possible to destroy Iran's weightlifting since he became the head of federation through extreme KHAYE MALI.

He's nothing but an embarrassment. Anyone who considers this baboon a source of pride is an idiot.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^^He never failed doping tests!

However Rezazadeh is a simple "khar" guy. He's brought up in an extremely religious family out in the bushes of Ardebil so I wouldn't call the way he's getting himself close to rahbar or the regime as khayemali. He just doesn't know any better. The fault goes to people selecting him as the head of the federation! Something that is clearly way over his head!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV

However Rezazadeh is a simple "khar" guy. He's brought up in an extremely religious family out in the bushes of Ardebil so I wouldn't call the way he's getting himself close to rahbar or the regime as khayemali. He just doesn't know any better. The fault goes to people selecting him as the head of the federation! Something that is clearly way over his head!
That is what I think as well, the guy never failed any drug tests but yep the khar guy comment fits. When you come from an extremely religious family these things happen, especially if you are from middle of nowhere Ardebil.

As for the Russian, Alexy ,I want to see some drug tests done on him. The Russians are NOTORIOUS for doping their athletes and this goes back to the Soviet times. I think the problem is money and resources, that is why Iran's weightlifting and other sports can't compete with other countries. On top of that, Iran had to deal with sanctions just look at what the soccer team had to go through. So many cancelled friendly games. If Iran had the same resources and money as the big boys, there is no doubt in my mind, they would be a top 10 soccer club and they would dominate in other sports. It is not religion that is bringing Iran' sports down, it is the lack of resources.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com

Man you couldn't be more wrong!

He failed multiple doping tests and the last time he did, it was so close to competitions that he was forced to retire before it became a national embarrassment.

He's not "Khar" at all. He's a typical khaye-mal piece of shit. There's no shortage of them in Iran. It has nothing to do with him being raised in Ardebil or Paris.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Man you couldn't be more wrong!

He failed multiple doping tests and the last time he did, it was so close to competitions that he was forced to retire before it became a national embarrassment.

He's not "Khar" at all. He's a typical khaye-mal piece of shit. There's no shortage of them in Iran. It has nothing to do with him being raised in Ardebil or Paris.
I am really disappointed to hear this because I used to respect him quite a bit. I cannot respect any weightlifter or martial artist who dopes because there is NO HONOR in cheating!