Is Dr. Fouladvand dead?

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
I heard his daughter come on tv yesterday and she was crying that a group that was pretending to want to collaberate with him on the Turkish border near Iran, was really from IR and they've captured him.

If that's true than lord have mercy they're gonna tear apart every limb in his body and torture him like no other.

This report here suggests that he might already be dead.
http://www.nysun.com/article/50608?page_no=2

The Parthian

Football Fan
Jul 17, 2007
From the article:

The ruling mullahs in Iran consider this movement a dangerous challenge to their authority.
Yes, and if you have to have "social police" that arrest people because they have the wrong haircut, or they are not wearing the right clothes, you will find that the people will gravitate towards an increasing frequency of challenging your authority, one day you will wake up and find you have no authority at all, but instead a decrepit old man, cowering in the corner with no food, no money and more or less just waiting to die; for you see, cannot so easily enslave the spirit of freedom that yearns in the hearts of man(kind). You can repress it for awhile, but it will always be there, no matter how buried it may seem in some. At the end of the day, you will lose that which you have had, and yet you will wonder why.

That is why these official statements from Iran condemning "300" for insulting the Persian civilization seem so puzzling. I'm not a history buff, but since when has Hollywood been known for historical accuracy? The film depicts the 480 B.C.E. Battle of Thermopylae, when King Leonidas of Sparta fought a Persian military invasion. Only Iran is taking it seriously.
Furthermore, why on EARTH would an Islamic Government have a problem with a movie about ancient Persia... ancient Perisa, after all was a "pagan" society predating the Islamic integration into the Persian society.

Personally, I tend to view the Iranian government these days as a desperate bunch of power-hungry clowns, doing whatever they can to maintain there power, but they are so blinded by their desires to remain in power that they cannot even see that all these damn stupid things they are doing to maintain their control are only further alienating the masses, the masses that greatly outnumber them.

navid007

Bench Warmer
Jul 23, 2005
Dr. Fouladvand's voice and wisdom will forever remain alive.
lol funny !! in fooloot e foolandvand ham shomaharo gir ovorde !! some people are frozen in 2500 years ago with kouroshe kabir... you need to move on and look at your country now. And this fooladvnd guy, his words contradicts his actions... I don't know how some of you guys trust him or even listen to him. To me his show is like a stand up comedy !

p.s. that's just my opinion... you may agree with it, and you may not and i respect yours :)

Nov 7, 2005
So learning about your history and the sitution that has come about to place the country where it stands is just comedy... i 100% disagree with you. It's not about being stuck 2,500 years ago. Its' about understanding the past in order to make the future better.

And how exactly are his words and actions contradicting each other?

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
So learning about your history and the sitution that has come about to place the country where it stands is just comedy... i 100% disagree with you. It's not about being stuck 2,500 years ago. Its' about understanding the past in order to make the future better.

just cause I'm curious...do you also believe in a fat guy with white beard coming down your chimney on december 25th midnight?

I'm just curious...

navid007

Bench Warmer
Jul 23, 2005

just look at the past 100.. not even 50 years and you will learn enough to understand what is wrong with our country. I don't even like to think about 2500 ago... what do you think darioush and koroush used to do ? invade other countries to expand their territory and don't tell me they didn't kill anyone while they took over countries from india to greece.
hala taze in darioush o kourosh khoobashoon boodan... khoda midoone what the rest of them did... so don't be too proud of our 2500 sal history... be ghole maroof "Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is Mystery" alan o bechasb bebin che khabare...

and you also asked "And how exactly are his words and actions contradicting each other?"

as far as he is always saying " goftare nik, pendare nik, kerdare nik" or whatever zartoshis belieave in, which is really nice if someone can follow it, vali ma harchi nega kardim ye kalame dorost az dahane in martike dar nemiad... hamash dare fosh mide... goftaresh ke nik nabashe dige pendar o kerdaresho khoda midone

anyway you have fun listening to him... enghad dar bareye 2500 sale gozashte yad begir ke akharesh khodet padeshah beshid :D

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
Didn't he say he was going on a mission last year, to single handedly overthrow IR??? What a
koskhol...

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
From Wikipedia:
The satellite broadcast program, "Your TV", is now being hosted by Mehran Sadri who has always been the official owner of the station. Frood Fouladvand left on his final mission with his followers to overthrow the Islamic Regime in Iran on October 2006. As of that day, Fouladvand has kept in electronic-contact with his allies in London nearly every day until January 17, 2007 where all contact was lost. Presently, there are still conflicting theories of Fouladvand's status. Mehran Sadri claims that he has discontinued any further communication for security reasons and that he is well and is still in progress of his mission. However, Masoud Ansari, a doctor of Social Science and History who has contributed with broadcasts of his own on "Your TV", claims that Fouladvand has been betrayed by his imposturous allies who were in fact spies of the Islmaic Regime. Ansari explained that Fouladvand was ambushed on January 17, 2007 by these traitors near the border between Turkey and Iran, and the man who led the ambush was a well-trusted ally referred to as "Farmandeh Behzad". Farmandeh Behzad was the leader of a group who exploded a construction of a dam that was intended to flood the remains of Persepolis in Iran. Apparently, considering Ansari’s report, this action is now believed to have been a bribe to assure Fouladvand's trust. Ansari’s report asserts that the ambush was planned for when Fouladvand was to meet with the advocates who were believed to assassinate the ruling mullahs in Iran. He claims that when Fouladvand arrived at the rendezvous-destination, Farmandeh Behzad and the other militants either opened fire on Fouladvand and his followers or seized them into custody.
According to the international police (InterPol), Dr. Fouladvand's car was found near Iran's border on March 8, 2007 with no sign from its passengers. The vehicle was severely damaged; and based on evidence at the scene, the authorities assume that a struggle had ensued.

Oct 20, 2003
If translating the Quran is an insult to Mohammad, then that says everything about Mohammad, not Fouladvand. And please get over the fact that "Khoda zad be kamaresh." Leave the superstition behind.
But one who wants to get the translation of Quran (in good faith) does not need a former دوبلور سينما ( formerly known as Fatollah Manuchehri), without classical education in the field, for such translation. There are many reliable versions of the translations of Quran on the internet (for free, so you do not have to make donation to You TV ;)), and in book stores. His erroneous translation, and editorial are always include a large dose of فحاشی which I guess makes his translations and manners very scholarily to some people.
I do not know how and where he became a "doctor" in what field, I highly doubt he has higher education than a diploma. I have heard that to prove he has adoctorate degree, he has dispalyed his certificate :) to the camera . I do not know any "doctor" who will use such ادبيات on the air as Fatollah does.

There are truly gullible people among us who would believe, and follow characters such as Fatollah Manuchehri (aka Iranban kherdman Fourod Fouladvand) and Fatollah Yazdi (aka Hakha).

Nov 7, 2005
I could not disagree more. I have not seen any person challenge the fact that the translation that Fouladvand has done is not correct or that he has assigned a meaning to any word that is not true or correct. People mock him b/c they don't agree with him. How many people are willing to go read the translation written by some Mulla or any translation for that matter? When he is doing it on TV and in a convinient way that a person can watch it, then it makes it much easier and can reach a lot more people.

I do not consider myself the least bit gullible. In fact, I have a law degree and have graduated with extremely high credentials. So I think for you to make a statement that suggests only gullible people follow Fouladvand, is just without any basis and not true.

Oct 20, 2003
I could not disagree more. I have not seen any person challenge the fact that the translation that Fouladvand has done is not correct or that he has assigned a meaning to any word that is not true or correct.
Therefore, because you have not seen or heard any person challenging Fatollah's challange, therefore, his translation must be true. Buddy, I do not watch him often, but for testing purposes I got a Quran translation, while the so called "Ostad" was translating. He was misreprensting the translation and his interpretation was way off. What he does is not translation it is mocking. Not long ago, Gooya.com had a few articles written about mistakes in translation by "Ostad".
Seconldy, as someone with law degree who has graduated with extremely high credentials, you should know that in order for someone to claim expertise in a field, such person must have education and experience in that field. Now tell me, what kind of education and background this character has in the field of translation of Quran, or any other field except being دوبلور and involved in some third rate Iranian movies?
How many people are willing to go read the translation written by some Mulla or any translation for that matter?
If one wants to learn about something, one should go to expert of the field. You want reliable translation, here is a link:
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/
I challange you next time "Ostad" is translating, compare his translation to these and judge for yourself, unless you like to hear his commentaries (read فحاشی). btw; not all Quran's translations are written by Mullahs.

When he is doing it on TV and in a convinient way that a person can watch it, then it makes it much easier and can reach a lot more people.
I am surprised to read this statement from someone with a law degree and and with extremely high credentials. That tells me that it is really the convenience that matters and people are lazy to check things for themselves. Since when Iranian satellite TVs have become source of enlightenment and education?

Nov 7, 2005
With regard to your first point, I have seen people try to say his translation is not right but have never been able to withstand the scrutiny when the words are translated one by one. And if, by your own admission, you don't watch him often, how can you have such strong information about him and make such statements without any qualifications? That right there means that the statements you are making are not based on your own knowledge or know how. I suggest that you make comments after you have better information.

I have seen comparisons of his translation and others. And it's not about laziness not to want to read a translation. It's about having the time or the desire to read it. Comfort is a fact of life and people like to do things that are more convienient. How many people watch a movie as opposed to reading a book about it? In addition, people can watch what he says and compare it to a book. That would be the best outcome. His shows definately bring about curiousity. They did in me. What is so bad with that?

And don't be so surprised that comments like this would be made. You again try to mock the whole situation by personalizing it and saying I can't believe you would say... You do the same by placing him name in brackets and so forth. He obviously has a strong hold on the Arabic language and I have definatley not seen or heard anyone say to the contrary on that point, regardless of what they think of him.

You claim what he does is fahaashi. You obviously have not seen the shows by your own admission. Most of those situations were brought about by callers who were the intiators by calling him names, etc.

Whether those who do not like him want to accept it or not, he definately has changed the minds of many. He changed my mind. That's a fact. If people don't like it, so be it. But it is a fact.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
Panj delavaran jan, it was a joke, im not muslim.

My problem with him is he tries to blame everything on Islam, bro, do you think the Moqs or the Zartoshti clerics were any better? The sassanids tried to shove their religion down everyone's throats, even the Roman provinces they conquered. People were tired of dictatorship, just as they are now.

Why is it always some great evil done to us by someone and never our own fault. The Arab invasion happened 1400 years ago and the occupation lasted around 150 years (with actual Arabs in charge)

get over it, no future government of Iran should be Islamic, Zartoshti, B'hai, Christian, whatever. All i want is a secular democracy, i dont care what happened 1400 years ago or what a great empire we were, what matters is now, this moment

one thing i give this guy credit for is he destroyed the superstitous dogma around Islam, Muhammed, Ali, etc and that is always a good thing

Last edited: