Is Pogba highly overrated?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
To me Pogba if Pogba is to be paid 15 Million Euros per annum then he has to have a production level similar to CR7 or atleast as much as James Rodriguez or Benzema who both are getting paid less than him.

To me Pogba just does not enough technique and ball carrying technique to warrant anything more than 5-6 million a year.

He does have a strong physic which may come in handy on defense. for that I throw in another 2 mill. but I just don't see him any more than 8 million euro a year.

but as it is he is set to make more than Hazard; which does not seem quite right.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
To me Pogba if Pogba is to be paid 15 Million Euros per annum then he has to have a production level similar to CR7 or atleast as much as James Rodriguez or Benzema who both are getting paid less than him.

To me Pogba just does not enough technique and ball carrying technique to warrant anything more than 5-6 million a year.

He does have a strong physic which may come in handy on defense. for that I throw in another 2 mill. but I just don't see him any more than 8 million euro a year.

but as it is he is set to make more than Hazard; which does not seem quite right.
ChaharMahal jan, Pogba has magnificent ball carrying techniques, if you watch the video I posted, you will see some of them. First of all, he is not making that much with Juve that is if he joins Man Untd. Another reason he should worth so much is because he is very young and has not yet reached his peak, he is also much more a complete player than the players you named except Ronaldo. Pogba is a player that if he developed to his maximum potential, there would be very few who can be compared to him. It is still very early to see if he is overrated or not, only time will tell!
Also, since Sir Alex's words are very reliable, you can also find out what he thinks of him, he has a high regard of him and he already said losing Pogba was his biggest disappointment.

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Is he good ? Yes. Is he proved ? Not fully. He can stay at juve and win 20 more league titles , so what ? Lucas mora won 7 titles with psg and he is 22 . Is he worth 120 mil ?

And kroos overrated ??? Oh boy .. did u even check his trophies and stats ? The guy already got 2 cl and 1 WC under his belt ...And no he is not worth 120 mil neither

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Wow, even winning 20 scudetto is not enough for this guy, winning more than many top players such as Platini, Ronaldo, Baggio, Altafini, Sivori, ....
Secondly, Ligue 1 is not comparable to SerieA in every aspect, and Lucas has never been as influential for PSG than Pogba for Juve. Also, not every scudetto has been as easy as you think, the first scudetto was very close with Milan, the third one was very close battle with Roma and last season Juve had to get back at top after a disastrous start which Pogba was very important, yes Juve is in much better state than others but it is still a very difficult league, and you can ask, Evra, Asley Cole, Mandzukic, Higuain, Khedira, and many more who have played in other top leagues.
Kroos at the age of 23 has not won any of those trophies yet, so why being in such a rush for Pogba?

Last edited:

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
what is overrated? he has a lot of potential, I jokingly called him a poor man's Vieira but what exactly is he supposed to do? Is he rather slow with passing the ball? Yes. Is he a high energy guy who can create incredible shots and passes? yes. Does that make him overrated or underrated?

The 120 Million is a projection of what you can expect of him X good agent X Juventus having no need to sell him.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
he has a lot of potential, I jokingly called him a poor man's Vieira but what exactly is he supposed to do?
It would have been helpful if he was able to take the ball past his opposite number once. Remember he played five games in this Euro.
you can blame the coach for all sorts of things. but really he did have plenty of touches; he just did not do much with it.
I remember of scoring a goal on a header and carrying one counter attack. that's really it.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
It would have been helpful if he was able to take the ball past his opposite number once. Remember he played five games in this Euro.
you can blame the coach for all sorts of things. but really he did have plenty of touches; he just did not do much with it.
I remember of scoring a goal on a header and carrying one counter attack. that's really it.
He was actually very good against Switzerland and Ireland, he also was a reason France scored the second goal against Germany. Every time he played a more advanced role he was much more effective, he also almost scored a goal against Switzerland only being denied by the post. Overall he was not bad, actually based on Whoscored.com rating he is the highest rated player of the tournament, below 24 years old (I actually think Sanchez should be but still) and was the third player in French squad after Payet and Greizmann. Anyways maybe you change your mind in the future knowing more about Pogba and when he plays his more natural position in France. Last season, at the start of the season, Allegri put him in a deep role as a Pirlo substitute and it went horribly wrong for both Juve and Pogba. It wasn't until Marchisio and Khedira coming back from injuries which Pogba moved up the field as an LM and become the most effective player in the league and by far the best player in the league scoring eight goals and assisting 12.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
He was actually very good against Switzerland and Ireland, he also was a reason France scored the second goal against Germany. Every time he played a more advanced role he was much more effective, he also almost scored a goal against Switzerland only being denied by the post. Overall he was not bad, actually based on Whoscored.com rating he is the highest rated player of the tournament, below 24 years old (I actually think Sanchez should be but still) and was the third player in French squad after Payet and Greizmann. Anyways maybe you change your mind in the future knowing more about Pogba and when he plays his more natural position in France. Last season, at the start of the season, Allegri put him in a deep role as a Pirlo substitute and it went horribly wrong for both Juve and Pogba. It wasn't until Marchisio and Khedira coming back from injuries which Pogba moved up the field as an LM and become the most effective player in the league and by far the best player in the league scoring eight goals and assisting 12.
you don't get it. I am not saying he does not have Great Physic. he clearly has good vertical elevation too. but frankly he failed miserably in dribbling this euros.
you simply cant blame that on the coach. he seems to do well when the ball is moving. but when the ball is dead and he needs to create something, i just don't see him being the guy.

he kind of reminds me of Ballack.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
well, to blame him for a lack of dribbling is like blaming a 5ft 8 basketball player to not have dunking abilities/vertical leap.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
you don't get it. I am not saying he does not have Great Physic. he clearly has good vertical elevation too. but frankly he failed miserably in dribbling this euros.
you simply cant blame that on the coach. he seems to do well when the ball is moving. but when the ball is dead and he needs to create something, i just don't see him being the guy.

he kind of reminds me of Ballack.
Well, I think he is much much better than Ballack, I have watched Ballack playing in the stadium when he was in Leverkusen, great player but Pogba is just another beast. Since Pogba moved from ManUntd, I have watched every single game he has played so far and on many occasions he has created many chances almost out of nothing with his great vision, he was poor in this tournament, I agree, but these have been his poorest performances I have seen and it would be fair to judge him based on his first international tournament while he will have many in the future. Also, when a player is playing out of position and can not contribute like how he could, it will affect your mind and your confidence, especially when there are many expectations out of you at the age of 23, I think these criticism have been too harsh on him only because he is worth more than 100 million. I mean if he is overrated based on his pay checks then half of the footballers are overrated, but based on his quality and his talent I don't think he is at all but I believe he will be the best midfielder in the world in few years.

Everyone including medias know both Messi and CR are slowly fading so there is a need for a player who they can put the spotlight on. Neither Bale nor Neymar cut it. Let's see what's world more expensive transfer to ManU will showcase . For now the real winner is Raiola with €35 mil commission

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Juventus can give Pogba support that Man Utd might not be able to provide

Juventus' Serie A win over AC Milan at the San Siro last April was important for a number of reasons. Not only did it demonstrate the team's experience, it made it 21 wins in 22 games and highlighted Paul Pogba's ability to frustrate as much as he can amaze.

According to reports, Manchester United are on the brink of the biggest transfer in football history: a £100 million move for Pogba. But there are many reasons behind Juventus' reluctance to let him go; Pogba is a player who has stunned the world with his mesmerising feet and pure technical talent. With the Bianconeri, the France international midfielder has had an opportunity to ply his trade alongside some of the best in the business while also being offered the consistency he so greatly desires.

Yet while he managed sublime goals and perfect assists, including the one against Borussia Monchengladbach in the Champions League, the player is still very raw and requires more time to develop into the best. Much like we saw against Milan, he can drop in and out of games, and despite his incredible talent he is not capable of running a midfield. Youngsters make mistakes, especially ones who are under great pressure and play to their emotions. Once frustrated, Pogba tends to overcomplicate. Asked to dominate and Pogba will err, such is his desire to do better, be better and live up to everyone's expectations.

One could blame his age or the constant media attention the Frenchman receives, but he is a player who must have a team built around him, enjoy the confidence of his coach and play in a role that allows him to charge forward with freedom. His time in Italy has proven his ability to be a team player; his individual quality has made the difference in many games for the Bianconeri, but he relies on the strength of the squad and an organised tactical strategy to optimize his abilities.

Didier Deschamps made a mistake at the European Championship when he forced the midfielder into a defensive role, asking him to forsake his attacking ability and sit back to assist his teammates in the final. Pogba couldn't shine that day against Portugal and his frustration got the better of him. Many argued that the youngster failed to dominate even while playing as a member of France's three-man midfield, but it's important to note that he has developed his trade in Italy, the home of clear strategies and disciplined players.

At Juventus, Pogba knows he is always allowed to join the forwards, which spaces his teammates will occupy and what role he is meant to play. He perhaps has yet to learn how to vary his game and adapt to different circumstances and players. Playing alongside the skilful Blaise Matuidi for France confused him. The PSG midfielder plays to the beat of his own drum, covering every blade of grass to give the illusion that he is everywhere all the time. This type of play, while useful for France, hindered Pogba from taking risks or playing his own style of football for fear he would expose his team.

In short, France were simply too tactically disorganised to allow Pogba the freedom to shine.

Does that make the much-sought-after midfielder incapable of playing anywhere but Italy? Absolutely not. But it does reveal certain limitations. If Manchester United or Real Madrid think they are purchasing a refined player, they must think again. Pogba will need time to adjust and the protection of a club willing to let him develop in a safe environment. At Juventus, he found the minutes he needed as well as the patience to make mistakes and learn from them.

So the question remains: do Real Madrid or United have time to invest in Pogba's growth or will the need to win result in potentially benching a player who requires consistency to settle?

A brand name and a commercial asset, Pogba is needed at Juventus. The team rely on his technique and outstanding potential to penetrate the toughest defences. Off the pitch, his reputation ensures the sale of merchandise.

He needs the club too, and it is for this reason that he has struggled to leave. With Juventus, he is guaranteed playing time and an opportunity to be the star.

Yet despite this mutually beneficial relationship, Juve should agree to sell him if they do receive an exorbitant sum, especially if the player is seeking a new challenge. The hefty sum would allow the club to build upon their great foundations and purchase players required to achieve European glory, much like they did when they let go of a certain Zinedine Zidane.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club...anchester-united-might-not-be-able-to-provide

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Eight goals and 12 assists for a 23 years old, you guys need to watch more football!
If Bale cost 100 million, Pogba should cost 200 million, Pogba is a player with many abilities. He was playing out of position in France and he could not express what he can do, he was a waste of talent in the French squad, he should have played behind the box, not behind the half way line, horrible. In the last four years, he has grown to be a magnificent player at Juve and his last season performance is what people should judge him on, not a seven games tournament where he played out of position. If he was in Conte's team, he would have conquered the cup.
I'm a juvenstus fan. This guy knows what he is taking about, except the part about 200m. That was a bit of an exaggeration.