Is Real Madrid the strongest team in Europe?

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I hate Real Madrid, but I watched two of their games so far and they are looking so balanced and strong in all positions, they are solid defensively which they have been missing since Hierro left, Cannavaro seems like he is getting to know La liga much better and having good partnership with Metzelder, also Pepe, Salgado, Heinze are there to show their depth of their Defense.
And oh boy, isn't Guti becoming more of a complete player each year, he is the heart of Real Madrid right now and he is filling up what Real Madrid has been missing for while, which is a strong offensive and defensive midfielder. I don't know what you guys think but when Robben starts playing for Real Madrid they will be unstopable. Also I want to add Sneijder has been promising so far.
And the most crazy part is Raul playing like he is still 20 years old, and that's a scary part, beside Raul and Van Nistelrooy there are Babtista, Saviola, Robiniho, Higuain for their attacking position which makes Real Madrid well prepare for a lot of games.
Not only they've got good players but they play well as a team, they passing ball all the time and get Midfield on their control and with one deep pass they break up any defensive line up, they remind me of Barcelona two years ago.
I guess Barcelona should get its act together before it'll be too late. I think at this time only Liverpool and Ac Milan are match for this Real Madrid team.

No it's defiinitly not the strongest .

1-Barcelona
2-Chelsea
3-Bayern Munich
4- Inter Milan
5- AC MIlan
6-Manchester United
7-Juventus
20- Real Madrid

By the way
Euro 2008

Holland [2 - 0] Bulgaria

23 " Sneijder
58 " Van Nistelrooy

Euro U-21

Norway [0 - 1] Holland

71 " Drenthe

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I hope you are atleast drunk, Bayern Munich and Juventus are in top 7 while Liverpool is not even there let alone RM is 20th:--biggrin

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
I hate Real Madrid, but I watched two of their games so far and they are looking so balanced and strong in all positions, they are solid defensively which they have been missing since Hierro left
which 2 games did you watch?
funny that.....in the Villareal game I thought that their defense was at times very poor, infact apalling..... you just gotta look at the chances Villareal missed and then ask yourself again, how did they miss those? Real's best defender in that game was Casillas...now that speaks volumes.
I don't know what you guys think but when Robben starts playing for Real Madrid they will be unstopable.
somehow I contemplate the opposite...

And the most crazy part is Raul playing like he is still 20 years old, and that's a scary part, beside Raul and Van Nistelrooy there are Babtista,
Raul playing like he's 20???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Saviola, Robiniho, Higuain for their attacking position which makes Real Madrid well prepare for a lot of games.
Saviola, Robinho and Higaun? Are you talking about a sunday league team?

Not only they've got good players but they play well as a team, they passing ball all the time and get Midfield on their control and with one deep pass they break up any defensive line up, they remind me of Barcelona two years ago.
I agree with that part abit, but I don't think that "they break up any defensive line up" ....but I only saw that against a villareal who conceded 5 very soft goals.

I guess Barcelona should get its act together before it'll be too late.
What? Barcelona should get it's act together? You speak as though we are in week 20 and Barca is 19 points behind Real...well, we just finished week 2, and Barca is 2 points behind Real :)

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
well, Sevilla were a match too I believe..no?

Pepe??

Anyway..the team looks better than they looked in preseason, but the 5-0 win, although impressive, was a bit too much..

Still..Pepe?? :)
well, sevilla is good but doesn't have that much depth that RM has in their squad.
Pepe is alright, I hoped he would come to Juve last summer.

Messi jan, Vallareal was a very strong and balanced team, and beating them 5-0 in their home is alarming, isn't??
I probably hate RM more than you do, but credit must be given when it's due.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
well, sevilla is good but doesn't have that much depth that RM has in their squad.
Pepe is alright, I hoped he would come to Juve last summer.
They don't have the depth, but let's say Ruud van gets injured..who is supposed to replace him? Or Heinze gets injured..then they have no genuine leftback left(well, they don't have one in heinze either, but anyway)

As said, they have players who are great in transition from defense to offense to defense, like Sneijder, but when the opponent leaves them the ball and counter attacks, like Sevilla did, they seemed vulnerable.

Pepe is alright for a small team and 10 Million Euros, not Madrid and 30..