Is Romanian Revolution Possible?

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
I start my brain storming discussion with this:

به تمامي ادارت در تهران بخشنامه شده كه كارمندان آنها موظفنددر راهپيمايي "خودجوش" چهارشنبه شركت كنند

This reminds me about reading about the pro-government demonstration at the time of Nicolae Ceauşescu which turned into an anti government demonstration.

I am not speculating this might happen tomorrow. But who knows, manybe if IRI does more of these pushing, especially if say in the next time Khamenei comes to Friday prayer or a big occasion, if he dares too now. Imagine all green people going out in numbers with Khamenei pictures and even pro-government slogans but all of a sudden they turn the tables around.

Well just thinking about possibilities!

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
For the past 6 months this has been on my mind and I've actually brought it up a few times here. Iran's revolution does have the character and tools to take a page from Romania's history.

The only missing part of the puzzle for me has been the actual "Moment of Truth" that fell upon the Romanian crowd on that particular day. I still don't understand it. How? What elements are needed for such boiling point to appear out of absolutely nowhere.

Let's not get fooled. It was either somewhat planned by a very small but extremely intelligent and lucky group, or it was a miracle that God felt like dedicating to the Romanians.

I still can't believe such a thing is scientifically and practically possible, but it happened in Romania so...

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
BT Jaan,

I was hoping something similar to occur when first Khamenei came to preach in Friday prayer. They were not too prepared and it was a possibility. But green movement boycotted that event and they had a fake show of corocodile tears etc. in there. That was perhaps my first frdiay prayer I watched fully!

However, as you said, the possibility is there and the moment of truth will come. And who knows maybe this time Iranian revolution proves to be another unique one of its own!

PJ

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
How about making it a 4shanbe soori (it is wednesday after all) and make some bigass firecrackers and scare the participants. They will think they have been attacked and who knows what's going to happen. :D

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Great point - I think it does. I think our revolution will be all of that and more - with our own "Gol o Bolbol" touch. Although - what is taking place in Iran is gigantic in many levels - it is a cultural revolution - a clash of new versus the old. A clash against centuries old anti humanity monster which had been supported by non-Iranians to keep us down.

PS - Did the Rumanian movement have a "Leader" perce?

k-EYVON

Bench Warmer
Oct 20, 2003
there were incredible twists and turn of events
in the month of December 1989 in Rumania

"
On the morning of 22 December sometime around 9:30 a.m., [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasile_Milea"]Vasile Milea[/ame], Ceauşescu's minister of defense, died under suspicious circumstances. A communiqué by Ceauşescu stated that Milea had been found to be a traitor and that he had committed suicide after his treason was revealed. The most widespread opinion at the time was that Milea had been assassinated because of his refusal to follow Ceauşescu's orders. In 2005 an investigation concluded that the minister killed himself by shooting at his heart, but the bullet missed the heart, hit an artery nearby, and he died soon afterwards.
Upon learning of Milea's apparent suicide, Ceauşescu appointed Victor Stănculescu as minister of defense. He accepted after a brief hesitation. Stănculescu, however, ordered the troops back to their quarters without Ceauşescu's knowledge, and moreover persuaded Ceauşescu to leave by helicopter, thus making the dictator a fugitive. By refusing to carry out Ceauşescu's orders (he was still technically commander-in-chief of the army), Stănculescu played a central role in the overthrow of the dictatorship. "I had the prospect of two execution squads: Ceauşescu's and the revolutionary one!" confessed Stănculescu later.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
That would be the worst thing that can happen to Iran. I saw a special on Romanian reveloution few weeks back and these are few things that the program showed:

1) Many of the current officials in the current government, were former communist who had positions on the old government.

2) Many of the problems that led to revolution ( such as corruption) still exsists and even in higher level.

3) from the top 100 richest men in that country, 85 are former communist officials !!

Do we really want that for Iran ?

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
That would be the worst thing that can happen to Iran. I saw a special on Romanian reveloution few weeks back and these are few things that the program showed:

1) Many of the current officials in the current government, were former communist who had positions on the old government.

2) Many of the problems that led to revolution ( such as corruption) still exsists and even in higher level.

3) from the top 100 richest men in that country, 85 are former communist officials !!

Shahinjan,

Regardless of whether we want that for Iran or not, that is going to be the case.

Corruption does not go away with a revolution, neither will the rich Islamic fascists who have been sucking Iran's wealth dry. They will be there for a very long time.

The important thing is to take power away from those people so that eventually things balance out.

Romania is 1000x a better country than it was prior to this event. There's no denying that.

Pirouz

Bench Warmer
Feb 14, 2005
Can
www.klarweb.com

100% Agree. I'm in Bucharest right now and to be honest, its a dump. Apart from a couple nice buildings, the streets are dirty and you see a lot of homeless people. Its really sad since they've had 20 years since their revolution...

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
We dont need to get rid of everyone in the system, we need to get rid of the system itself. Once that is done, and there is an avenue for freedom and involvement, then the corruption will be taken care of with time. The system is hard to change, the people are easy.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
100% Agree. I'm in Bucharest right now and to be honest, its a dump. Apart from a couple nice buildings, the streets are dirty and you see a lot of homeless people. Its really sad since they've had 20 years since their revolution...
Pirouzjan, come on. Look at the issue objectively. How many Romanians can you find who regret their revolution? How many Iranians do you find who regret the 1979 revolution?

Case closed.

Pirouz

Bench Warmer
Feb 14, 2005
Can
www.klarweb.com
Pirouzjan, come on. Look at the issue objectively. How many Romanians can you find who regret their revolution? How many Iranians do you find who regret the 1979 revolution?

Case closed.
Very good point, didnt look at it from that perspective. I guess with time, Romania will develop more and hopefully becomes on par with a country that is part of the EU.

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
As far as people joining pro-regime protests and then coming out and overwhelming the minority with their numbers, holding up signs of Azadi and yelling Marg bar diktator, I'm all for that and it's an ingenius strategy, certainly much better than avoiding them and letting the government pay people from provinces or with bribes to show up for propaganda purposes. I'm surprised they haven't done this already.

But so far as the rest goes, with how Romania's turned out 20 years after their revolution, no thanks. Iran has fallen behind and been messed up for 30 years now, such that now TM games against Iran's former province of Bahrain are looked at seriously. All this pain and blood has to not only be for change, but for really positive transformation in all arenas. I'm hopeful in the future after the akhounds, but so long as they're in power Iran will continue to fall behind in development, be more and more corrupt, and take up chances of real war against the US and others.

I also wish the reformists would stop trying to save the system. Jomhuriyeh Irani is the way to go and will allow them to run for office as the conservatives in the system. They have to realize this system is too corrupt messed up from its roots that it can't reform. After all, it had 8 years during Khatami's years to reform and change.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I actually think the Romanian revolution is a lot more similar to the Iranian revolution of 1979 whereby people were deceived the same way, the revolution was stolen the same way and a mafia style form of government (from ex-communist and intelligence servies members) ensued with some reforms (much like the IR) in the past 20 years. The difference is that when the IR took power from the Shah, Iran was in a much better financial position (with vast natural resources) than when the FSN assumed power in a communist country. Having said that, Romania has been more dynamic IMHO in the degree of reforms than the IR ever was, but had they not joined the EU in 2007, we would have most likely seen another revolution there in the next decade or two (i.e. roughly the same life span as the IR, with some possible extensions for the degree of reforms). The nice thing about EU membership is that you're forced into reforms by the system and I think they will see the results in the next 3-7 years (i.e. a 5-10 year period of significant and rapid reform since memebrship in the EU).

k-EYVON

Bench Warmer
Oct 20, 2003
well said Bacheh Tehroon
I do not think any nation in the world who rose up
to make a revolution regrets their act like we do.

We actually concluded that the Monarchist gov we
brought down was more of a humane ruling than the
ones our kids died for and died again and again by
Khomeini.

The ONLY and ONLY beh dard bekhor thing coming out
of the past 30 years imo ( and I hope that will come ) is
that our nation get such clear notion of religion and Islamic
anything that once they stablished a secular gov their kids
to come never let go of it and never settle for Islamic anything
no matter how bad things go ...

آمد شبی برهنه***ام از در چون روح آب
در سینه ش دو ماهی*** و در دستش آینه
گیسوی خیس او خزه بو چون خزه به هم
من بانگ برکشیدم از آستان یاس:
آه ***ای یقین یافته! بازت نمینهم

Shamloo poem dedicated to BT cause he is a poetry fool like myself!

Dec 12, 2002
usa
i remember those days then when i was talking to romanian guys and how brutal he was .but the things made them the most pissed off was that his son was going with nadia comanechi . i guess people be mesael namoosi bishatar ahamiat midand .

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
Wake up bro!
People are not waiting on yar command!!!
LMS Jaan,

Chill out man!

Not sure why you got that idea.
I never claimed people are waiting for me/us here. I had this thoughts in my head and was thinking if you guys think of that to be a possible scenario, i.e. something that could happen in the future, e.g. the Friday prayer K.R. was in.

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
Just a quick comment on this topic:

From what I have learned, the Romanian revolution did not take place as we saw it on TV or Youtube. I was speaking with a Romanian colleague of mine a while back about this, and in fact I did ask him about how this whole thing occured. He said according to a well-backed documentary, exactly a year before the revolution, 20,000 Russian spies entered Romania as tourists and these were the real people who orchestrated the revolution and captured Ceausecu. The whole revolution was way more complicted that what has been actually portrayed.

And I saw this colleague again a couple weeks ago as Romania was holding its presidential election, and I was interested about who the nominees really were. He stressed that none of the nominees are any qualified, and the choice was between bad and worse, and that if you were to conduct a general opinion poll, people would love to go back to their pre revolution era and they regret their regime change.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
He stressed that none of the nominees are any qualified, and the choice was between bad and worse, and that if you were to conduct a general opinion poll, people would love to go back to their pre revolution era and they regret their regime change.
Thanks Kazem jaan. There's a couple of more similarities to Iran's 1st revolution as per my previous post.