Is Ron Artest back for Play-offs?

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
I expect Pacers-Pistons in the second round....hope he can play...

:D

The ban was just for reg season, wasn't it??

any info appreciated..

Oh...btw. it's just great that it's finally proved that Kobe is the biggest overrated SOB player in NBA history.

Even Scottie Pippen took the Bulls to the play-offs without MJ....this makes Kobe not even as great as Scottie Pippen, nevermind MJ..

hahaha.....

Payam

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
Earth
www.iransportspress.com
I never really liked Kobe at all. And I am happy the Cavs didn't make it to the playoffs again. HAHA LEBRON.

And yeah, no Artest for the playoffs, but they got Jermaine back but he doesn't look 100% really. Stephen Jackson and Reggie Miller really carried the team while those players were out. Johnson, the PG that replaced Tinsley was stepping up big too... I don't know whats up with Jamal Tinsley, is he still hurt?

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
How many rings does Kobe have?
That's the end of that.

And GO BOSTON. Beat Indiana... I hate Indiana because of that ugly skinny shooter aka Miller. Retire for God's sake!

A

Arian(ISP)

Westi jon, Ron is out for this season 100%. It's unfortunate what they did to this Pacers team. It would have been so fun to watch Detroit vs. Pacers in the east finals. I doubt it will happen but I do hope for it even without Artest in the line-up, less reasons for fights to break out lool. I think Miami may face Detriot in the finals and give them a run for their lives. I like the Ben + Rashid Wallace and Shaq and Dwane Wade combos. It will be so cool to watch these four as they will be in the center stage. We shall see.

Arian jon, by the way that ugly skinny guy you talked about, Reggie Miller, loves to hang out in a place in Northern Indianpolis. You know where is it???? It's an Iranian restuarant. He goes there for Chelo Kabab Soltani!!! I have seen him there twice. I don't live in Indy anymore but my buddy who went there last week saw him and a number of Pacers players there. He even mentioned Persian food as one of his favorite foods in a local newspaper which pissed some recknecks off but hey who cares. The guy digs Persian food so let him enjoy! So I think Boston will lose to Pacers because of the diet Reggie is on. He is visiting the place more frequently I hear ;) You believe in power of Soltani don't you? :)

Kobe and the pathetic Lakers are out for good. Kobe is 26 years old by the way.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Arian(ISP) said:
Westi jon, Ron is out for this season 100%. It's unfortunate what they did to this Pacers team. It would have been so fun to watch Detroit vs. Pacers in the east finals. I doubt it will happen but I do hope for it even without Artest in the line-up, less reasons for fights to break out lool. I think Miami may face Detriot in the finals and give them a run for their lives. I like the Ben + Rashid Wallace and Shaq and Dwane Wade combos. It will be so cool to watch these four as they will be in the center stage. We shall see.
Indeed, it's a real pity. they should overcome Boston easily, but it's over in the next round. I have hopes in Iverson for knocking out Detroit, he was on form lately...however, realistically, Sixers should have no chance.
It's indeed sad what happened to Pacers. They were a real likeable team and the season ban for Artest was really harsh...at least they could have allowed him to play in the play-offs.

Arian jon, by the way that ugly skinny guy you talked about, Reggie Miller, loves to hang out in a place in Northern Indianpolis. You know where is it???? It's an Iranian restuarant. He goes there for Chelo Kabab Soltani!!! I have seen him there twice. I don't live in Indy anymore but my buddy who went there last week saw him and a number of Pacers players there. He even mentioned Persian food as one of his favorite foods in a local newspaper which pissed some recknecks off but hey who cares. The guy digs Persian food so let him enjoy! So I think Boston will lose to Pacers because of the diet Reggie is on. He is visiting the place more frequently I hear ;) You believe in power of Soltani don't you? :)
Man...I love Reggie! Not because of the Soltani thing only, but because he has always been one of few smart guys in the NBA. He was never down with all that thug life glory attitude on the field and was a smart person on and off the field. He did his thrash talking, but he never acted as a dumbo.He always showed his class otherwise..that's why he ain't really loved because he is not sellable. And as a kid I was a Knicks fan and still remember his games and what he did to New York..but still, he is the man...and he was even greeted this year at the Garden.

Kobe and the pathetic Lakers are out for good. Kobe is 26 years old by the way.
YES! :D

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
I agree that Lakers should be out this season.

But that's no reason to bash Kobe.

In EVERY part of the season one of the better players in the Lakers team was either injured or was stuck in a slump. Chris Mihm isn't a Center to be relied on, and Divac was injured 98% of the season!
Kobe was injured twice this season and was out around 15 games in total in which the Lakers managed to win only a couple of games.
Lamar Odom was also injured in the last chunk of the season.
And all of a sudden Chris Mihm decided to underperfom half way through the season.

And don't forget about the coach change :)

The Lakers were "disabled" for most of the season and that's a good reason for them to miss the playoffs. Their budget is capped, so they won't be signing any big names any time soon. Maybe a couple of trades during the summer.

I think a healthy Lakers with the same players this year, could do much better next season.

We'll have to wait and see.

In the meanwhile,

GOOOO PHOENIX in the West.

GOOOO Boston and Phili in the East.

I want Phoenix vs. Phili in the finals.

A

Arian(ISP)

I know Kobe has talents and a very good player but the hype around him was always unfounded. I could never bring myself in terms with his arrogant character. That is why I honestly never liked him. And when some people started to compare him to the great MJ, it simply infuriated me. American media is always trying to find the next MJ, the media lacks such celebrity and they are desparate to find one. More economic reasons that anything else. However, they are failing every time. Lebron James, "The King", has also failed to even make it to the playoffs. Until the last second, they were hoping for Celeveland Play-off. Simply, because it would increase their TV ratings of ABC, ESPN, etc.

About Reggie, Westie jon, I couldn't agree more. Many people can't stand him. But actually both Reggie and his sister Sheryl are rather educated. UCLA graduates. Unlike some of these over-hyped players who go directly to NBA. These guys played college basketball and got drafted from college. That is how it's supposed to be. Reggie even at 39 has scored 20+ per game since Jermaine O'neal got injured. Now he's pulled back in recent games. He scored 7 points in 21 seconds to beat New Jersey two weeks ago. The guy still has some fire left. I can't wait to watch the first game tonight.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Arian said:
I agree that Lakers should be out this season.

But that's no reason to bash Kobe.

In EVERY part of the season one of the better players in the Lakers team was either injured or was stuck in a slump. Chris Mihm isn't a Center to be relied on, and Divac was injured 98% of the season!
Kobe was injured twice this season and was out around 15 games in total in which the Lakers managed to win only a couple of games.
Lamar Odom was also injured in the last chunk of the season.
And all of a sudden Chris Mihm decided to underperfom half way through the season.

And don't forget about the coach change :)

The Lakers were "disabled" for most of the season and that's a good reason for them to miss the playoffs. Their budget is capped, so they won't be signing any big names any time soon. Maybe a couple of trades during the summer.

I think a healthy Lakers with the same players this year, could do much better next season.

it's not about his skills...it's about something he lacks and that is leadership.
Everyone accepted it that MJ is the boss and has the say. When MJ stepped down, Scottie stepped up and was also accepted as the leader, because he showed his leadership on the field.
A leader has to be strong, take responsibilities but in the same way a good leader has to stay humble with the team and realise he plays in a team, not in a circus.
that's why AI is a leader, MJ was a leader, LeBron could soon become a leader, Reggie is still a leader, but Kobe simply for being full of himself, not being able to make friends anywhere(simply because of his character) and the way he treats teammates(How can that idiot drag Shaq into his court problem? freaking moron!) simply lacks everything a great NBA player needs to have. He is simply too full of himself and doesn't know the difference between humble and humpty dumpty.
that's why the Lakers are not in the play-offs, and won't challenge for any title at any time, except if they can bring in a player with all the characteristics Kobe lacks. However, then he would probably beef up with that guy too.

The hype surrounding some NBA players and the way they in the same way bring down players, who simply lack the marketability others have, is a big problem in the NBA. LeBron is fine, maybe he is better than MJ was at this point of his basketball career, however MJ got MJ because of his character and sportsmanship, not because of simply putting a ball in a hole.

same with Shaq. I don't like his game, because his shots are still aweful and I've hardly seen a center with such a miserable hook shot, but he got charisma, wit and intelligence..

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
westwienmaskulin said:
it's not about his skills...it's about something he lacks and that is leadership.
Everyone accepted it that MJ is the boss and has the say. When MJ stepped down, Scottie stepped up and was also accepted as the leader, because he showed his leadership on the field.
A leader has to be strong, take responsibilities but in the same way a good leader has to stay humble with the team and realise he plays in a team, not in a circus.
that's why AI is a leader, MJ was a leader, LeBron could soon become a leader, Reggie is still a leader, but Kobe simply for being full of himself, not being able to make friends anywhere(simply because of his character) and the way he treats teammates(How can that idiot drag Shaq into his court problem? freaking moron!) simply lacks everything a great NBA player needs to have. He is simply too full of himself and doesn't know the difference between humble and humpty dumpty.
that's why the Lakers are not in the play-offs, and won't challenge for any title at any time, except if they can bring in a player with all the characteristics Kobe lacks. However, then he would probably beef up with that guy too.

The hype surrounding some NBA players and the way they in the same way bring down players, who simply lack the marketability others have, is a big problem in the NBA. LeBron is fine, maybe he is better than MJ was at this point of his basketball career, however MJ got MJ because of his character and sportsmanship, not because of simply putting a ball in a hole.

same with Shaq. I don't like his game, because his shots are still aweful and I've hardly seen a center with such a miserable hook shot, but he got charisma, wit and intelligence..

Although I'm a Kobe fan (fan of his basketball skills obviously), I completely agree with what you just said.

Well said.