Is this the first sign of military rule.

Abedzaadeh

IPL Player
Jan 23, 2003
What position does Firouzabadi hold in order to comment on who Iran should and shouldnt negotiate with in regards to the Nuclear Case?

Iran 'disqualifies' EU from talks

Britain has denied allegations of involvement in the Iranian riots

The EU is no longer qualified to take part in talks on Iran's nuclear programme, a top Iranian official says.
Maj Gen Hassan Firouzabadi, Iran's top military officer, accused the EU of interfering in riots which followed the disputed Iranian elections last month.

Until the EU apologised for this "huge mistake", he said, it had no right to take part in the negotiations.

The EU has yet to comment, but earlier urged Iran to avoid conflict with the international community.

Rigged
The Iranian presidential elections, held on 12 June, returned President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to power for a second term in office. But the opposition disputed the result, saying the vote had been rigged.

At least 17 people were killed as supporters of the opposition candidates took to the streets in protest.
Maj Gen Firouzabadi accused some EU members of supporting the riots, and demonstrating their hostility to the Iranian people.

Previously, Iran had aimed its allegations at Britain in particular and at the weekend detained nine local employees at the British embassy. Most have since been released.

'Remarkable role'
The semi-official Iranian Fars news agency accused one of the employees of having "a remarkable role during the recent unrest in managing it behind the scenes".

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has cancelled a trip to Libya

Britain has dismissed all the allegations as baseless.
Iran says it is enriching uranium for power plants, but some Western countries suspect it plans to build nuclear weapons.
Three EU countries - Britain, France and Germany - have led negotiations over Iran's nuclear programme, along with the United States, Russia and China.

At their last talks, they offered Iran a package of incentives if it would stop its nuclear activities.

But Iran insists that its right to enrich uranium is non-negotiable.

In a separate development, officials in Tehran said the Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had cancelled his trip to an African Union summit in Libya.

Mr Ahmadinejad's office did not give any reason for the decision.

His visit would have been one of his first major public appearances abroad since his re-election.

Jun 18, 2005
رضا تقی زاده، تحلیلگر مسائل ایران، در ارتباط با اظهارات تازه سرلشکر فیروزآبادی به بخش فارسی بی بی سی گفت که وارد شدن یک چهره نظامی به مسائل سیاسی و مذاکرات اتمی ایران یک اقدام کم سابقه در این کشور است.

آمریکا و برخی از کشورهای اتحادیه اروپا، از جمله بریتانیا، فرانسه و آلمان طی روزهای اخیر و همزمان با سرکوب اعتراض های مردمی به نتایج انتخابات ریاست جمهوری ایران، خواهان پایان دادن به خشونت ها علیه شهروندان ایرانی شده بودند.

آقای فیروزآبادی در سخنرانی اش این درخواست را "دخالت***های مضحک اتحادیه اروپا در انتخابات بی***نظیر و باشکوه ریاست جمهوری در ایران" دانسته و افراد معترض به نتایج انتخابات را "آشوبگر" توصیف کرده است.

رئیس ستاد کل نیروهای مسلح گفته است: "از آنجا که در اثر دخالت***های این گروه و به ویژه آن که دشمنی آنان با ملت ایران آشکار شده است و مسئول سیاست خارجی این اتحادیه نیز که در گذشته هیچ***گاه موضع ثابتی نداشت و مورد حمایت کشورهای عضو نبود اکنون که در چهره حامی آشوبگران در ایران ظاهر شده است به کلی صلاحیت هرگونه مذاکره با ایران را از دست داده است."

آقای فیروزآبادی گفته که " آنها قبل از آن***که درباره اشتباهات فاحش عذرخواهی کنند و عملا نشان دهند که پشیمان شده***اند، حق ندارند صحبت از مذاکره داشته باشند

This is a coup by the revolutionary guards loyal to Mesbah and Mojtaba. Khamenei was perhaps put in a situation where he would had to either accept the results or go away.

AN is a tool in all of this. The real power centers are the Sepah leaders, in particular the fat general, FiroozAbadi.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
This is a coup by the revolutionary guards loyal to Mesbah and Mojtaba. Khamenei was perhaps put in a situation where he would had to either accept the results or go away.

AN is a tool in all of this. The real power centers are the Sepah leaders, in particular the fat general, FiroozAbadi.
Thank you. That's what I've been saying all along. This needs to become public knowledge for people in Iran. They mostly don't know this.

Abedzaadeh

IPL Player
Jan 23, 2003
And this is such a give away. The fact that a military man even comments on this it indicates they are after the bomb - not peaceful nuclear energy

Abedzaadeh

IPL Player
Jan 23, 2003
No-one obviously takes Souresrafil seriously but I enjoyed min 1.08 of this clip!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EYLhluLKZI&feature=related"]YouTube - ‫ارتش پر اقتدار ايران Ùˆ سپاه پاسداران انقلاب اسلامي‬‎[/ame]

Jun 18, 2005
And this is such a give away. The fact that a military man even comments on this it indicates they are after the bomb - not peaceful nuclear energy
Well of course they are. To make it worse they are loyal to a branch that believes that creating conflicts is necessary to bring about Emam Zaman's return.

These nut jobs will not only go after the bomb but they will jump start the terrorist activities abandoned after the 1996 Khobar tower bombings.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
I think it is a common knowdlge that AN is just a tool for a system that wants to take a full control of Iran. Also, I think it is a common knowldge that Iran was after the Nuclear bomb and the military side of nuclear technology ateleast in last 4 years under the current adminestration.

These news are nothing new !!!

Jun 18, 2005
I think it is a common knowdlge that AN is just a tool for a system that wants to take a full control of Iran. Also, I think it is a common knowldge that Iran was after the Nuclear bomb and the military side of nuclear technology ateleast in last 4 years under the current adminestration.

These news are nothing new !!!
Whats new is that I think this was a military coup against the majority of clergy.

Mousavi and his crew knew that this was coming. If they did not, there would not be any komiteye Sianat az Ara. In komite aslan vase chi bood? Ma ghablan hamchin komiteyi ro nadashtim.

Mogheyi ke zane Rafsanjani omad goft agar taghalob kardan berizin to khiaboona, khob in neshoon mideh ke ina midonestan ke this was going to happen.

In dastane enghelabe makhmali hamash cherto pert bood va rad gom koni. In dastan az to khode Sepah va vezarate Etelaat shoroo shod. Rooznameye Javan bood ke goft ma in enghelabe makhmali ro khafe mikonim. Khode AhmadiNejad ham midoonest ke intori mishe.

For that very reason those debates do appear more significant. AhmadiNejad ke khodesh adadi nist. Mogheyi ke omad oon harfa ro nesbat be Rafsanjani va Nategh Noori ke moshavere Khamenei bood zad neshoon mide ke khode Khamenei ham ziad in vasat kareyi nabood.

Mogheyi ke Mousavi va doro bari hash midonestan ke mikhad taghalob beshe, dige Mir Hossein mage oskol bood ke biad hey be Khamenei nameh benvise agar ke seyyed ali rahbare koodeta bood.

Khamenei either had to accept it or beat it. Same deal with the grand Ayatollahs in Qom.

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
I agree. This makes it even scarier that this is a military coup. These guys are so nuts and they are pushing aside almost all of the mullahs. What scares me they'll bring Iran in full confrontation with the either Israel or the US. The brutal crack downs also proves that these guys are not scared of going to war with anyone as they clearly show they don't value human life.

If Iranians (yes, including mullahs) don't stop this they will destory our country. Iranians must win this battle otherwise the future is very very grim.

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
This guy reminds me of Paul Wolfowitz, somebody who's in the military/defense establishment but doesn't really belong there to begin with. Usually those in the military, including Generals, aren't so extremely obese. That's actually a sign that he doesn't understand the mentality of those underneath his command, and perhaps why they had to import Palestinians and Lebanese to do the dirty work they knew that most in the Sepah or army wouldn't do. Ultimately their coup will fail, just like the the fantasies of America's chickenhawk neoconservatives for world domination failed. Afterwards maybe this "General" will go to Beirut and have all the Big Macs he wishes.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Iran nuclear R&D program is a branch of Iranian Defense Industry which is under direct command of IRGC. They have always been in charge of nuclear program.

They say history makes fool of those who claim they can predict future.
But looking at the trajectory of the path in which IRGC has been traveling ever since the inception I think where this projectile will land is predictable.
I've been saying this ever since the light coup of 2005, no matter for how long but I believe IRGC will officially take over the entire system and pretty soon we might witness IRGC generals giving speeches from the balconies.
Today they collect 20% of Iran's total GDP, that is one helava capability.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Iran nuclear R&D program is a branch of Iranian Defense Industry which is under direct command of IRGC. They have always been in charge of nuclear program.

They say history makes fool of those who claim they can predict future.
But looking at the trajectory of the path in which IRGC has been traveling ever since the inception I think where this projectile will land is predictable.
I've been saying this ever since the light coup of 2005, no matter for how long but I believe IRGC will officially take over the entire system and pretty soon we might witness IRGC generals giving speeches from the balconies.
Today they collect 20% of Iran's total GDP, that is one helava capability.
I don't believe the outside world will sit and watch Iran become a military state with missiles and nuclear warheads aimed at Tel-Aviv . That's why it's important for Iranians to stop IRGC before Israeli and Nato bombers take off.

IRGC's international plots are a lost cause as they don't have the means to survive a full blown war, however they have shown that they're willing to take their chances and sacrifice as much as possible before giving up. This puts Iranians in a lot of danger. We have given our right to nuclear technology to a mentally unstable bunch with very dangerous ambitions. It would be foolish to defend that particular right without taking responsibility for its potential dangers.

Iran will not be a military state because the world will not allow it. Is that a good thing? Not at all. In wars they don't hand out flowers. They bomb and destroy.

If the world really cared about Iran, they would help Iranians bring down this fascist militarist government via creative means. I'm afraid as always they will be too late to realize this and military action against Iran will be their only choice, in which case many of today's protesters would make defending their country their first priority and Islamic Republic will take a lot of joy in that.

These are very delicate times and require focus by the entire world before things turn ugly for everyone including the US.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Motori Aziz, I agree with you. You and My father both mentioned this to me weeks before this election and I thought it was highly unliky. But now, I think this is what we will see in futre.

BT Jan, I also agree with you that if Iranian people DO NOT take care of IRGC, then NATO and world may get involved. This is what makes these recent events so important because failure means quiet a disaster for future of IRan.

Abedzaadeh

IPL Player
Jan 23, 2003
very good points BT jaan but if IRGC is united on this what can the people, or the opposition do?

I can only think of Artesh (if they have the capability) taking the oppositions side and staging a counter coup or for Sepah to be split and stage a counter coup. This is very simplistic and one needs a lot of knowledge to comment on. Its certainly beyond my scope.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
BTW: This is Sardar Hassan Firouzabadi who is warning EU.
But I won't take him for real. I can take him through very soft but effective torture and he'll change his mind and where he stands in less than a day.
Just throw him in cage and keep him hungry while putting Nachos, Sandwiches, aabgoosht along with plenty of Doogh and chelo-kabab out side of the cage. He will break down in a jiffy. :D:D

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
But I won't take him for real. I can take him through very soft but effective torture and he'll change his mind and where he stands in less than a day.
Just throw him in cage and keep him hungry while putting Nachos, Sandwiches, aabgoosht along with plenty of Doogh and chelo-kabab out side of the cage. He will break down in a jiffy. :D:D

LOL! Rasouljan, it's great to have you back

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Bache Tehroon;688154]I don't believe the outside world will sit and watch Iran become a military state with missiles and nuclear warheads aimed at Tel-Aviv . That's why it's important for Iranians to stop IRGC before Israeli and Nato bombers take off.
Soroush jAn,
In international diplomatic arena Pakistan is considered far more radical than Iran, Pak. Army has been running commerce for couple of decades and they have Nukes with a failed state situation to boot. Taliban/ Al-gaaeideh is on the door steps of Islamabad and still Powers are unable to bring situation under control.

IRGC's international plots are a lost cause as they don't have the means to survive a full blown war, however they have shown that they're willing to take their chances and sacrifice as much as possible before giving up. This puts Iranians in a lot of danger. We have given our right to nuclear technology to a mentally unstable bunch with very dangerous ambitions. It would be foolish to defend that particular right without taking responsibility for its potential dangers.
IMHO it is lot easier for Western powers to deal with Generals in charge of a militarist dictatorship than a popular democratic regime.

Iran will not be a military state because the world will not allow it. Is that a good thing? Not at all. In wars they don't hand out flowers. They bomb and destroy. Look at Musharraf in Pakistan and General kenan Evren in Turky, Not that they didn't even object to their alleged Coup'e de etat but they also provided plenty of monetary and political support to keep them in charge for lot longer than was expected.

If the world really cared about Iran, they would help Iranians bring down this fascist militarist government via creative means. I'm afraid as always they will be too late to realize this and military action against Iran will be their only choice, in which case many of today's protesters would make defending their country their first priority and Islamic Republic will take a lot of joy in that.
" Nations have no friends or enemies, they only have interest".
Above comment used to be my signature for a while and I still believe in that. We should not expect too much from outsiders, I've no doubt Iranians are well capable of dealing with obstacles. Just look at what they've achieved in past 2 weeks. IRI is politically bankrupt, and that is not the only achievement. They have spotted the rift in the core of regime and they are constantly wedging through it t make it wider & wider.

These are very delicate times and require focus by the entire world before things turn ugly for everyone including the US.
Just an huble opinion.
The generals inside IRGC are not idealogical brute force any more, they are practically elite bussinessmen with bank accounts in all over world, they own airline companies, refinaries, the whole Defense Industry, prime real states, enginnering, transportation, energy, communication co.s, and over $85 billion hard currency cash reserve to boot.
It is clear that IRGC is looking at Iran as their primary cash cow, why should they let it go down the drain when they have the capabilities of preventing it?
I've got to run, we'll talk about IRGC some more, it is one entity that we can't take for granted, the more we know about them the better we can react.

May 12, 2007
Just an huble opinion.
The generals inside IRGC are not idealogical brute force any more, they are practically elite bussinessmen with bank accounts in all over world, they own airline companies, refinaries, the whole Defense Industry, prime real states, enginnering, transportation, energy, communication co.s, and over $85 billion hard currency cash reserve to boot.
It is clear that IRGC is looking at Iran as their primary cash cow, why should they let it go down the drain when they have the capabilities of preventing it?
Pas chi. Khomeini bikhod nemigoft
"Ey kash man ham yek pasdar bodam".

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005

LOL was saying the same thing to my cousin yesterday...He looks like such a coward. Az oonast ke ye pech behesh bekoni rang awaz mikone.