ISP March Madness Pool for bragging rights

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Greetings ISP College basketball and March Madness fans. It is that time of the year again where work productivity across the USA significantly drops. There will be plenty of sick days and people pretending to do their work for the next three weeks. I created a public group on yahoo where you can pick from the field of 64 and get points per each round. This is just for fun, no money on this one and we have those pools for the Wold Cup or perhaps an important football tourney ie Euro Cup. If I get enough interest, then NEXT year, we can do a friendly $10-$20 bracket. I can only add ten and I also posted this on my FB so first come first serve. It will just make it that much more fun. BTW my final four and NC, despite being an avid MSU fan here.
1-UNC
2-Duke
3-L'Ville and
4-Arizona and for my National Championship, I have the Tar Heels winning it all.

Good luck everyone and we have until before the first game on Thursday to submit our picks. You can always fill out the bracket and then change your pick, just do not leave it empty, pick something.

If you pick a perfect bracket you can get a nice payday I believe you get $25,000, not a bad chunk of change. Of course your odds of that are one in a gagillion. It almost happened two times. One kid picked a perfect bracket but he did not submit it. Another person picked a perfect bracket last year BUT forgot to pick the National Champion, WHAT A BONEHEAD! I will give a pass to the kid, maybe he did not have access to the computer. I bet you the dude who filled out the bracket online last year is hating himself right about now.

http://deadspin.com/man-with-nations-best-ncaa-bracket-forgot-to-pick-a-win-1767952495

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well Playboy the Bruins are looking good. Let me give you a link it is a yahoo group you can probably find it it is called Sherwin's Crazy Group but let me get the driect link. You have until tip off Thursday to submit your pics so two more days. I will invite everyone. I will be driving to LA and SD on Wed head s up so I won't get back until evening so get it in by tonight before I leave town.
https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/133646/invitation?key=652e30d3744acc71&soc_trk=lnk]

UCLA is a good team btw but I have studied Steve Alford since he was at Iowa. He is good but honestly an overrated coach and Iowa missed the NCAA tourney more than they made it, when he was at Iowa. Plus, the three best coaches in the NCAA are Coach K of Duke, Roy Williams of UNC and recent HOF inductee Michigan St's Tom Izzo, honorable mention Slick Rick aka Rick Petino at L'Ville and John Calapari UK. That is why I have Kansas losing to L'Ville in the elite 8. Williams just has WAY more tourney experience with Kansas and now the Heels. He is this generation's Dean Smith. Now UCLA has a good team BUT I think they are going to get bounced out by the eventual champions, my pick the North Carolina Tarheels. I think they are better than Kentucky, UCLA beat them @UK in the regular season but UNC is just stacked this year. My final four are. In my bracket, I have the Bruins beating the Wildcats in the Sweet 16 but losing to the Heels in the Elite 8.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
If you could do me a favor and post it on your facebook so we can get more people, that would be great. I posted it on mine but no takers surprisingly. Like you said we need more people to make it interesting. Whatever social media you have or tell your friends just get the picks in before tipoff.

Oct 18, 2010
i'm not on facebook.so can't help there but try to publicize
it elsewhere.if we can get all 11 people who read this board
to join we got a game.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well looks like it is just us but I will continue to post updates after the 1st day we are almost neck and neck.
Sherwin
Michigan State Spartartans 15 pts

Sherwin
Michigan State Spartas 15/191
PracticalWarlord
Playboy ISP Bracket 13/191 pts

The first weekend really means nothing the points come in the later rounds the further you go, the more meaningful the games are.

Do not feel too bad, I tried on facebook and other social media forums and was not successful.

Without looking at your picks and I will SOON, it comes down to who will have a better run the North Carolina Tarheels or the UCLA Bruins? What I like about the Tarheels roster is they have a nice balance of scoring (rounded)
Justin Jackson will get you 18 ppg and 5 RPG
Joel Berry II will get you 15 ppg
Their big man Kennedy Meeks will get you 13 points but 11 boards

UCLA
TJ Leaf 16 PPG 8 RPG
Bryce Alford- 15 ppg 3 rpg
Lorenzo Ball 15 PPG

Both the Heels and Bruins have a good 4th guy but heels have a bit more on the bench

Last edited: