• Tajrish

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ISP Admin

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
Dear members,

Over the past few weeks we have been talking about some of the things that have been brought up by members, staff, and even ourselves in our daily conversations. As mentioned previously and in an attempt to get the community more involved we have proposed a format where you the members have a chance to vote from a list of candidates who have previously agreed to moderate the General and News forum if chosen.

We contacted a number of well respected members and asked them if they were willing to take time out of their day to help with the moderation of the two forums mentioned above. Of the ten members contacted, six agreed to make themselves available if selected by the members of the site.

Initial Members contacted and asked to help with forum moderation:

1-) Tajrish
2-) Eshghi
3-) Payande Iran
4-) Deerouz
5-) Soroush (BT)
6-) biAzar
7-) Agha Shojah
:cool: Farbod(ADC)
9-) Ardy
10) #8

As mentioned above, of the ten members six have agreed to make themselves available:

1-) Tajrish
2-) Eshghi
3-) Soroush (BT)
4-) Farbod(ADC)
5-) Ardy
6-) #8

From the six listed, members will have the ability to vote for a new moderator, Top 3 voted would join the current moderation team. All moderators will discuss their actions in a newly created forum and move forward when a consensus is reached by them.

We believe that after the initial three months we will be able to analyze this policy and make any necessary changed to make it work better for everyone.

This poll will run for seven days and only members with 30 or more posts will have the ability to vote as they are considered active members. This will also help reduce the ability of someone creating multiple accounts in the hopes of casting multiple ballets. PLEASE make sure you cast your vote. To make sure this is not a popularity contest, we will keep the names of the voters who do cast their votes invisible and private.

If a post is locked or a user is banned, the moderator will need to clearly explain in the post before locking it or contacting the member before he/she gets banned.

There is no doubt that tweaks will be needed to make this process smooth for everyone so ask members to stay patient with us as we work out the bumps when they occur. We also ask for members to post their feedback in the Q&A Forum in the upcoming months. Please do not send emails to the admin email account for forum related subjects. Any forum related question must be posted in the Q&A Forum or they will be disregarded.

We thank you all again for helping make ISP what it is today. There is no way we would still be operational after all these years without your support.

Thank you,

ISP Administration Team

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
If Soroush is willing to be a mod, then please vote for him. You are not going to find a more active, intelligent, logical, and even handed person than him... That being said, all the other choices are fantastic, I would be happy with any of them being a mod.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
If Soroush is willing to be a mod, then please vote for him. You are not going to find a more active, intelligent, logical, and even handed person than him... That being said, all the other choices are fantastic, I would be happy with any of them being a mod.
Farbod you are too kind aziz.

Among the names in this poll I'm like the village idiot!

Of course if the choice was between me and Goroohban Garcia, and I got less votes, then I would cry :)

But here, I'm just happy to see the moderation power being given to the members which gives the site more transparency.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
is a tough choice , all are great members , but i would go with soroush , cause he was already as admin/moderator of board in past ...even the rest deserve it as much as him

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
It is a really touch choice!
Any of the guys will make a fantastic mod. They are all great and so well respected!

However, my bias towards Bache Tehroon, for being a Hamshahri (not in Azari sense but in Tehrani sense), is far more than towards anyone else. So I voted for him. :)

Nov 29, 2002
However likeable or dislikeable a person is, I urge members to vote for the person they think is most neutral.

People want, and need, a mod to be neutral, not biased towards this person or that person, this philosophy or that philosophy.

Oct 20, 2003
However likeable or dislikeable a person is, I urge members to vote for the person they think is most neutral.

People want, and need, a mod to be neutral, not biased towards this person or that person, this philosophy or that philosophy.
Very well said. IMHO, the person chosen should be able to enforce ISP rules (whatever they might be), regardless of who breaks them.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
All 10 names are excellent choices although I be honest I don't know honorable memebr "Tajrish " but I am sure he is on par with the rest and he is also from Tajrish like me !

I have to give my vote to BT for his experience with ISP which gives him the edge ,good luck to whoever gets to do it .

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
BT would make a great moderator but my vote goes to eshghi. For me, eshghi is as impartial as it gets when it comes to making a judgment call. I just hope he has enough time because this job could be very time consuming.

Farbod, Tajrish, and #8 are also great very good candidates. Too bad we can only pick one.

Feb 4, 2005
BT would make a great moderator but my vote goes to eshghi. For me, eshghi is as impartial as it gets when it comes to making a judgment call. I just hope he has enough time because this job could be very time consuming.

Farbod, Tajrish, and #8 are also great very good candidates. Too bad we can only pick one.
I'm sure Amoo Eshghi has the time as he accepted the nomination unlike the other 4 (incl. yours truely) who didn't. It was an honor for me to be even considered but I explained to Pooya why I wouldn't be able to help. All great choices and the top three vote getters will be added to moderation team. I'm sure it will lead to a better ISP.

p.s

GO UNITED!!

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
My vote goes to BT ( although #8 and Tajrish are two of my fav members here but it seems like BT has the momentum now).

I hope people vote for a person who understood the problems with old ISP and did raise his voice.

Can we make this poll public !!! It would be a waste of an effort if members with multiple user name try to change the outcome.