Israel segregates buses

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
Israel's 'modesty buses' draw fire
By Katya Adler
BBC News, Jerusalem

The other day I was waiting for a bus in downtown Jerusalem. I was in the bustling orthodox Jewish neighbourhood of Mea Sharim and the bus stop was extremely crowded.

When the Number 40 bus arrived, the most curious thing happened. Husbands left heavily pregnant wives or spouses struggling with prams and pushchairs to fend for themselves as they and all other male passengers got on at the front of the bus.

Women moved towards the rear door to get on at the back.

When on the bus, I tried to buck the system, moving my way towards the driver but was pushed back towards the other women.

These are what orthodox Jews call "modesty buses".

The separation system operates on 30 public bus routes across Israel.

The authorities here say the arrangement is voluntary, but in practise, as I found out, there is not much choice involved.

'Abuse and threats'

Naomi Regen is one of a group of women now taking the separation bus system to court. She is an orthodox Jew herself.

"I wasn't trying to start a revolution, all I wanted to do was get home," she tells me.

"I was in downtown Jerusalem and I saw a bus going straight to my neighbourhood and I got on and sat down, in a single seat behind the driver.

"It was a completely empty bus, and all of a sudden, some men started getting on, ultra-orthodox men. They told me I was not allowed to sit there, I had to go to the back of the bus."

Not only is the segregation system discriminatory, says Ms Regen, but it can also be dangerous, she says, for those like her who ignore it.

"I said to him look, if you bring me a code of Jewish law and show me where it's written that I have to sit at the back of the bus I'll move.

"And he tried to gain support from the rest of the passengers and I underwent a half-hour of pure hell - abuse, humiliation, threats, even physical intimidation."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6584661.stm

navid007

Bench Warmer
Jul 23, 2005
so they started to go backward too... but they still have 27 years to become the next Iran !
be ghole on piremarde tooye oon clipe " in enghelab ke alaki be dast nayomade !!"

raminio05

National Team Player
Semitic people...Semitic traditions...

so what is new....
Yes, it is only in the pure Ariyan blood that justice, wisdom, truth and everything else that is good can be found. Those dirty Semites and as well as all other ethnicities are subhuman and should all be extinguished. NUKE THEM ALL. HEIL HITLER. HEIL HITLER. HEIL HITLER.

On a serious note, thank you makeveli for the article. I wonder if the government will do something about this.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
Yes, it is only in the pure Ariyan blood that justice, wisdom, truth and everything else that is good can be found. Those dirty Semites and as well as all other ethnicities are subhuman and should all be extinguished. NUKE THEM ALL. HEIL HITLER. HEIL HITLER. HEIL HITLER.

On a serious note, thank you makeveli for the article. I wonder if the government will do something about this.
I wouldn't call them dirty or sub human ( as you did in your IDIOTIC, CHILDISH, reply) but i would call them different. I see them everyday (hundreds of them) and they are definitely different from SOME Iranians and North Europeans.

The essence of the life philosophy of a semite is to have a comfortable life at the expense of others.

In case of arabs, you need to look at countries like UAE, KSA, Kuwait which have imported about 60 percent of workers from outside because people don't want to work. They just want to sit and get profits.( Some people including most iranians these days call that smart, i call that being lazy, good for nothing, SUB HUMANS)

In case of the jews, it is kind of different, but to the same end. They have settled almost in our major bussiness centers in the world and have been able to dominate most bussiness and media. Once up there, they do not have the HUMAN (aryan) decency to be impartial and honest towards everyone. They just center all their efforts around profit and exploitation.

Again most iranians would call that a smart bussiness-minded race. I, and many other decent hard working human beings (not only iranians) call that exploitation of the average human by an evil mentality and way of life.

Now, last and not least, MR. RAMINIO, we come to your akhounds.
They came and took over a rapidly industrializing nation, in which hardwork, decency, brotherhood, and CHIVALRY were pillars of culture. Even religion was respected by ALL LAYERS OF SOCIETY, FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.

Their SEMITIC PROFITEERING WAYS (which they have inherited from their british and jewish SAFAVID fathers) have turned an advancing country into a corrupt, culturally indecent, drug infested, prostitute exporting SHIT HOLE.

This has not been easy for your akhounds. They have worked hard.

They have killed about 750 000 during the war with their semitic cousins next door so that Rafsanjaani could get rich over his arms deals. They have executed the cream of the society. ( i mean inetellectual cream not financial) And they have regressed systematically to creatures such as AN and larijani.

in a normal society these beings usually would be pimps and local mafia toilet cleaners, now they have become presidents and chief negotiators, in this semitic regime.

i hope you are satisfied. Seeing the difference between iranians and semites.

raminio05

National Team Player
I wouldn't call them dirty or sub human ( as you did in your IDIOTIC, CHILDISH, reply) but i would call them different. I see them everyday (hundreds of them) and they are definitely different from SOME Iranians and North Europeans.

The essence of the life philosophy of a semite is to have a comfortable life at the expense of others.

In case of arabs, you need to look at countries like UAE, KSA, Kuwait which have imported about 60 percent of workers from outside because people don't want to work. They just want to sit and get profits.( Some people including most iranians these days call that smart, i call that being lazy, good for nothing, SUB HUMANS)

In case of the jews, it is kind of different, but to the same end. They have settled almost in our major bussiness centers in the world and have been able to dominate most bussiness and media. Once up there, they do not have the HUMAN (aryan) decency to be impartial and honest towards everyone. They just center all their efforts around profit and exploitation.

Again most iranians would call that a smart bussiness-minded race. I, and many other decent hard working human beings (not only iranians) call that exploitation of the average human by an evil mentality and way of life.

Now, last and not least, MR. RAMINIO, we come to your akhounds.
They came and took over a rapidly industrializing nation, in which hardwork, decency, brotherhood, and CHIVALRY were pillars of culture. Even religion was respected by ALL LAYERS OF SOCIETY, FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.

Their SEMITIC PROFITEERING WAYS (which they have inherited from their british and jewish SAFAVID fathers) have turned an advancing country into a corrupt, culturally indecent, drug infested, prostitute exporting SHIT HOLE.

This has not been easy for your akhounds. They have worked hard.

They have killed about 750 000 during the war with their semitic cousins next door so that Rafsanjaani could get rich over his arms deals. They have executed the cream of the society. ( i mean inetellectual cream not financial) And they have regressed systematically to creatures such as AN and larijani.

in a normal society these beings usually would be pimps and local mafia toilet cleaners, now they have become presidents and chief negotiators, in this semitic regime.

i hope you are satisfied. Seeing the difference between iranians and semites.
Very well done. The amount of science and logic in this post just overwhelmed me. Specially the part about personality characteristics being inherited? You must know something that the scientific community does not know to be able to make that claim, which would mean that you are a genius. An Aryan genius to be exact.

Now would you be kind enough to show me how bad semites are by comparing them to another "pure" aryan race, ummm.... I dont know, maybe like the Germans between 1900 and 1945. We all know that that race of Aryans had the most "HUMAN (ARYAN) decency" as you like to call it. Plus, how ignorant of me to to deny the fact that people personalities are completely determined by their genetics and ancestry. Everyone knows that this is a fact. Plus, you have much more experiance with semites because you obviously have them swarming around you where you live, and I can see that you have come to a fair and logical (not biased) conclusion about them. How dare I argue against someone with as much experiance with the "subhumans" as you? And to think, before I read your wonderful post I believed that people who attach one character flaw to a whole ethnecity were just ignorant fools who were probably hurt by a member of that ethnecity when they were children. Thank you for changing my life Keyvan. And oh yeah, where can I join your hate club, oh I mean Aryan pride club? Does it have an internet site.

May 21, 2003
Very well done. The amount of science and logic in this post just overwhelmed me. Specially the part about personality characteristics being inherited? You must know something that the scientific community does not know to be able to make that claim, which would mean that you are a genius. An Aryan genius to be exact.

Now would you be kind enough to show me how bad semites are by comparing them to another "pure" aryan race, ummm.... I dont know, maybe like the Germans between 1900 and 1945. We all know that that race of Aryans had the most "HUMAN (ARYAN) decency" as you like to call it. Plus, how ignorant of me to to deny the fact that people personalities are completely determined by their genetics and ancestry. Everyone knows that this is a fact. Plus, you have much more experiance with semites because you obviously have them swarming around you where you live, and I can see that you have come to a fair and logical (not biased) conclusion about them. How dare I argue against someone with as much experiance with the "subhumans" as you? And to think, before I read your wonderful post I believed that people who attach one character flaw to a whole ethnecity were just ignorant fools who were probably hurt by a member of that ethnecity when they were children. Thank you for changing my life Keyvan. And oh yeah, where can I join your hate club, oh I mean Aryan pride club? Does it have an internet site.
I have my opinion and i am definitely not out to change anyone's life. That is dictatorship. i guess you are used to that mentality.

Once in a discussion, it is MENTALLY DERANGED to enter thinking i will enforce my opinion on the other person or i will win this argument. I, once in a debate or a discussion, think of myself as in a classroom to learn. (again i know this is against the type of oppressive dictatorial environment you and the likes of you are used to)

but you should try it sometimes, you might see that being open to the concept of "OTHERS" in the world might help you develop and progress even to a stage of mind that you can not only think of "OTHERS" as a concept but "OTHER OPINIONS".

Just a suggestion...

About sarcasm:

i see that you are poorly attempting at sarcasm. (that is my opinion, other hezbollahis here might find your posts absolutely hillarious). I have considerable experience with sarcasm and if you want my opinion try to spend more time on it and make it more sophisticated. It is so much more pleasant and funny.

i mean don't get me wrong, the result should percipitate to the same thing, but lets take an example...

Assume you are SHIT, do you want to come out of Nicole kidman's ass or Ahmadi nejad's ass...I hope the first option.

just a thought....

raminio05

National Team Player
I have my opinion and i am definitely not out to change anyone's life. That is dictatorship. i guess you are used to that mentality.

Once in a discussion, it is MENTALLY DERANGED to enter thinking i will enforce my opinion on the other person or i will win this argument. I, once in a debate or a discussion, think of myself as in a classroom to learn. (again i know this is against the type of oppressive dictatorial environment you and the likes of you are used to)

but you should try it sometimes, you might see that being open to the concept of "OTHERS" in the world might help you develop and progress even to a stage of mind that you can not only think of "OTHERS" as a concept but "OTHER OPINIONS".

Just a suggestion...

About sarcasm:

i see that you are poorly attempting at sarcasm. (that is my opinion, other hezbollahis here might find your posts absolutely hillarious). I have considerable experience with sarcasm and if you want my opinion try to spend more time on it and make it more sophisticated. It is so much more pleasant and funny.

i mean don't get me wrong, the result should percipitate to the same thing, but lets take an example...

Assume you are SHIT, do you want to come out of Nicole kidman's ass or Ahmadi nejad's ass...I hope the first option.

just a thought....
You are completely right my friend, I have been living in the opressive enviroment of the United States where I picked up these dictatorial mentalaties. About the classroom enviroment comment, please go ahead and let me know one thing that you have learned while arguing your point here on this forum. A mentality like yours is like that of those suicide bombers who grab one idea and believe in it blindly, against all logic.

And for the sarcasm thing, your a quick one. I'm glad you caught on after my second post. I guess I'm not as good at it as you are so thats why you were confused. The Hezbollahis on this board can laugh or not laugh. My sarcasm was there to prove a point. I continued your line of logic and at the end, I realized that it leads to nothing but a joke, a sarcastic view on life as you will.

As for your shit question, I have not had enough experiance with peoples anal caveties to be able to answer it. But since you seem to be a professional, you can most likely advise me.

Oh and by the way, nice use of CAPITAL LETTERS to get your point across. Only someone of "pure" Aryan blood can be so skilled at something like that.

May 21, 2003
You are completely right my friend, I have been living in the opressive enviroment of the United States
oh my oh my... i was hoping you were from europe or maybe australia...growing up in the US unfortunately detaches most young iranians from reality. as a matter of fact it detaches most humans from reality.

About the classroom enviroment comment, please go ahead and let me know one thing that you have learned while arguing your point here on this forum.
with pleasure.

i have learnt to respect other people's religious beliefs even though i think following semitic traditions are all horse shit.

About a year i made a packed with myself to respect people's religion as long as they don't religion towards their own political reasoning. and i think i have more or less followed my promise to myself.

Why hurt the feelings of good, decent, persians for something they have picked up form their parents and they believe in.

Second, i have learnt to deal with each person at their own level and not generalize and not put labels on people (unless they are pro IR in which case i count them as enemies of Iran and decency)

A mentality like yours is like that of those suicide bombers who grab one idea and believe in it blindly, against all logic.
by mentality like mine you mean a mentality that is not yours...which kind of bring us to the initial point of NOT BEING IN AN ARGUMENT TO CONVINCE SOMEONE TO FOLLOW YOUR PATH and just learning and enjoying the ride.

And for the sarcasm thing, your a quick one. I'm glad you caught on after my second post. I guess I'm not as good at it as you are so thats why you were confused. The Hezbollahis on this board can laugh or not laugh. My sarcasm was there to prove a point. I continued your line of logic and at the end, I realized that it leads to nothing but a joke, a sarcastic view on life as you will.
I have an above average IQ but i am not getting this. When you get the time explain this to me in a HUMANLY COMPREHESIBLE TRAIN OF THOUGHT please.
thanks.

As for your shit question, I have not had enough experiance with peoples anal caveties to be able to answer it. But since you seem to be a professional, you can most likely advise me.
oh brother you took the words right out of my mouth. Browsing this discussion board you deal with enough SHIT to become a professional in handling it.
The art lies within stepping on the shit and let it dry up in the sun and be blown into oblivion by the wind.

p.s. i underlined your mistake. you can find the correct spelling at dictionary.com

Oh and by the way, nice use of CAPITAL LETTERS to get your point across. Only someone of "pure" Aryan blood can be so skilled at something like that.
I think of your redicilous comments about Aryan blood (which by the way does not mean anything to us persians since it does not exist anymore) and see that you feel like a trapped mouse and are just begging for mercy.

I am going to again direct you towards my point, AGAIN, since you are miserably failing to see it. Don't think blood, think traditions, don't think race, think culture and way of life.

Compare ours (or should i say the iranian way (decent way)) and the other way and if you don't see any differences between the cultures then i guess we are placed on different planes of universe connected by the internet.

please don't feel this way. It is ok to feel brain dead. we all have been there at some stage of our lives. The important thing is to pick up the pieces and start again. It is part of the learning process.

since you liked my used of caps i kept it up to keep you interested.
cheers and take care

AliMR

Bench Warmer
Mar 25, 2005
KP,
are you the kind of guy that cant debate, but likes to start cussing...cause it makes you feel like you are right... the type of guy that starts yelling to prove he is right... no?

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
i have learnt to respect other people's religious beliefs even though i think following semitic traditions are all horse shit.
respect and horse shit????

Sorry Kevan jaan... But that would not be the way I would respect them. I am sure many of them might be reading your posts now and doubt they feel so respected.

Why hurt the feelings of good, decent, persians for something they have picked up form their parents and they believe in.
Exactly!
Second, i have learnt to deal with each person at their own level and not generalize and not put labels on people (unless they are pro IR in which case i count them as enemies of Iran and decency)
Well, there are people who go and shoot people and there are people who might believe in reform etc. There are people who have no choice but work for IRI. Not everyone had the chance to leave Iran and life is too hard inside to avoid all work. I hope you understand and distinguish between all those.

Compare ours (or should i say the iranian way (decent way)) and the other way and if you don't see any differences between the cultures then i guess we are placed on different planes of universe connected by the internet.
To be honest with you, Keyvan Jaan, I have found Iranians being critical of our own culture (despite IRI, Shah etc.) more than anyone else. We tend to disperse where as other nationalities stick together because we have been hurt too many times by our own fellow countrymen, even when they claim Cyrus! You might say those are not our way. So then why majority of Iranians are so weary of each other when they meet a new Iranian around????

raminio05

National Team Player
oh my oh my... i was hoping you were from europe or maybe australia...growing up in the US unfortunately detaches most young iranians from reality. as a matter of fact it detaches most humans from reality.
Afarin. Did you come up with this steryotype the same way that you did with the semetic one?

with pleasure.

About a year i made a packed with myself to respect people's religion as long as they don't religion towards their own political reasoning. and i think i have more or less followed my promise to myself.
Is this sarcasm also? Youre posts are nothing but disrespect to peoples religions and beliefs. If that is the only example of what you have learned, then I feel sorry for you. Your sentence about the horse shit alone contradicts itself.

Another lie. You just labled me a Hezbollahi in your post above and have done the same thing countless other times. Your 0 for 2 so far in the things you have learned by being so "open-minded".

by mentality like mine you mean a mentality that is not yours...which kind of bring us to the initial point of NOT BEING IN AN ARGUMENT TO CONVINCE SOMEONE TO FOLLOW YOUR PATH and just learning and enjoying the ride.
No, by a mentality like yours, I mean one that takes anything that is different from itself and tries to bash it down through illogical rants. You have built up a fantacy world for yourself which is based on ignorant generalities, kinda the same way that a child would do.

I have an above average IQ but i am not getting this. When you get the time explain this to me in a HUMANLY COMPREHESIBLE TRAIN OF THOUGHT please.
thanks.
I'm sorry, I should have paid more attention to what I was posting. I can see how it could have been confusing. What I meant to say was that I took your view on the world and semites, pretented I agreed with it by taking it to its extreme, and in a sarcastic fashion showed how ridiculous it is to think this way.

oh brother you took the words right out of my mouth. Browsing this discussion board you deal with enough SHIT to become a professional in handling it.
The art lies within stepping on the shit and let it dry up in the sun and be blown into oblivion by the wind.
Heres some more of that "respect" which you told me you have learned.
p.s. i underlined your mistake. you can find the correct spelling at dictionary.com
Thank you for the help. And on the other side, I'm glad to see that you have carefully spellchecked your post so I would not be able to do the same for you.

I think of your redicilous comments about Aryan blood (which by the way does not mean anything to us persians since it does not exist anymore) and see that you feel like a trapped mouse and are just begging for mercy.
If it makes you feel big and strong, then yes, I am a trapped mouse beggin for mercy. The Aryan comment came from what you wrote in your previous post. Maybe you should try being more clear.

I am going to again direct you towards my point, AGAIN, since you are miserably failing to see it. Don't think blood, think traditions, don't think race, think culture and way of life.
Ok, lets pretend that you actually were talking about tradition and not genes. Can you go ahead and explain to me where tradition started for the "decent" Iranians and where it started for the "subhuman" semites and can you explain why ours is/was superior?

please don't feel this way. It is ok to feel brain dead. we all have been there at some stage of our lives. The important thing is to pick up the pieces and start again. It is part of the learning process.
Thank you for the encouraging words. Trying my hand at this sarcasm thing has actually helped me out of this state.

since you liked my used of caps i kept it up to keep you interested.
cheers and take care
Baba chakerim. You shouldnt have. Next time, can you put them in bold face too?

AliMR

Bench Warmer
Mar 25, 2005
u know ramin,
KP has some funny cracks sometimes and he likes to hear chalemeydooni language... i mean who doesnt... but he cannot go any further than that... it all stops at wisecracks and chalemeydooni talk. i do think he is a good guy to hang with tho :D

May 21, 2003
u know ramin,
KP has some funny cracks sometimes and he likes to hear chalemeydooni language... i mean who doesnt... but he cannot go any further than that... it all stops at wisecracks and chalemeydooni talk. i do think he is a good guy to hang with tho :D
that is all ISP was missing...

a court jester (translation: DALGHAK)

about chale meydooni language:
unfortunately with most iranians, that is the only language that is effective with them.