It'll be massive...

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I have just finished reading many articles from papers inside Iran and also opposition sites. Everything is signaling a massive presence of people on Qods day. The online and offline communication between people has been the most outstanding so far. Much more organized and a lot better coverage than before. The regime's constant screw ups have also helped many undecided to finally see the light.

Esfahan and Tehran will definitely see clashes. No doubt. The crowds will be huge and in the high hundreds of thousands if not a few million.

I don't see or sense any indication of people planning to go wild on the regime just yet. They just want to be there. This means the Green Qods day will not be the day of approaching the thugs head-to-head, however this could change depending on the regime's behavior. A few arrests and beatings here and there will not cause much outburst, but anything beyond that will surely have a domino effect and force people into the offensive mode. I believe the regime knows this and will not try anything crazy (let's hope)

May 12, 2007
Good post. I have the same impression. It is very likely that Tehran will be more crowded than ever. More than say 5 millions. Many people from shahrestans will travel to Tehran just for that day. The reason is that it is easy to be recongnized in their own town and people in small towns risk going to prison for smallest provocation.

Jan 23, 2003
I don't see or sense any indication of people planning to go wild on the regime just yet. They just want to be there. This means the Green Qods day will not be the day of approaching the thugs head-to-head, however this could change depending on the regime's behavior. A few arrests and beatings here and there will not cause much outburst, but anything beyond that will surely have a domino effect and force people into the offensive mode. I believe the regime knows this and will not try anything crazy (let's hope)
BT jan problem is that even if the people decide to "go wild and head to head against the thugs" they stand no chance if Sepah is united and not scared of killing.

Deep down we all know it but dont want to admit it as we know it means the green movement has lost for the time being. I was hopeful at the beginning as I thought at the very least Rafsanjani (let alone moussavi,karroubi/khatami) would have some influence in Sepah and soon could use it (ie creating a split in sepah)to the greens advantage. But it appears not to be the case. The man doesnt even have enough power to do his friday prayers and the other 3 are not allowed to be mentioned anywhere anymore :-(

mlka

Ball Boy
Sep 13, 2005
BT jan problem is that even if the people decide to "go wild and head to head against the thugs" they stand no chance if Sepah is united and not scared of killing.

Deep down we all know it but dont want to admit it as we know it means the green movement has lost for the time being. I was hopeful at the beginning as I thought at the very least Rafsanjani (let alone moussavi,karroubi/khatami) would have some influence in Sepah and soon could use it (ie creating a split in sepah)to the greens advantage. But it appears not to be the case. The man doesnt even have enough power to do his friday prayers and the other 3 are not allowed to be mentioned anywhere anymore :-(

Unfortunately pessimists are exactly what we dont need at the moment.

Think marathon, not a sprint. :hau:

Feb 7, 2009
I have just finished reading many articles from papers inside Iran and also opposition sites. Everything is signaling a massive presence of people on Qods day. The online and offline communication between people has been the most outstanding so far. Much more organized and a lot better coverage than before. The regime's constant screw ups have also helped many undecided to finally see the light.

Esfahan and Tehran will definitely see clashes. No doubt. The crowds will be huge and in the high hundreds of thousands if not a few million.

Are you saying that bachehaye balayieh shahre Tehran beh esfahan ham khahand raft ? at the same time and same day ? according to hezbolahies last time that we had Millions showing up in Tehran, Isfahan, Shiraz and Tabriz were all from north of Tehran. Seriously I agree with you and think that is going to be another stressful day for Akhoonds.

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
I just hope people don't take the cookie (4 days off) that government is offering. Or better yet, I hope they take it and travel to a major city to participate.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
► Rally of "Ghods Day"
Those of you who may not know; Unlike in the past 20 years, this year Iranian opposition to the regime is planning to actually attend this rally, just to cease the opportunity to demonstrate. The idea is to get 5 million Iranians out to the Ghods Day Rally that never generated more than 30,000 in the past, many of whom non-iranian imports.
Personally I don't think it is a good idea for the Iranian freedom (Green) movement to participate in an IRI rally defined as a symbol of Moslem takeover of Jerusalem, but then again I also did not think it a good idea to participate in the last IRI elections. Those in Iran know better, but just in case here are some suggestions:
A: This will work only if we get millions out.
B: Not allow ourselves to become objects of IRI propaganda, staging us as anti Jewish.
C: Most importantly - do not get arrested.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
It could be massive or not. It doesn't matter. It's really relative as to what we consider massive. Under this level of opression, if 10000 people show up it's massive. As long as the crowd is large enough to keep momentum, things are fine. We should not set over-ambitious goals.

Abedzadeh jan, I completely disagree that the green movement has lost for now. Quite to the contrary, they have won on so many different levels that's difficult to enumerate. They have the regime where they wanted it; in a position to strip itself of its essence and any piece of legitimacy it had with its own supporters. First they cancel Ahya at Khomeni's Haram. Then they move Namaz-e Eid to a smaller, more controlable place while they have spent fortunes on Mosalla to have it for these situations. Soon they won't be able to have Ghods, or 13 Aban, or 22 Bahman demonstrations. They've lost it. Shajarian said it best: They can't govern the country any more, they can only control it. Or Masih Alinejad said it even better: For 30 years we were afraid of them, now let them be afraid of us.

Qahreman

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Kadivar ham ziadi khayeye khomeini ro mimaleh. He's a good guy, but he needs to be careful about going overboard on praising Khomeini. It may backfire on him once the green movement wins.
That's your opinion though.

Unfortunately people (mainly people that post here and those like them) constantly forget that not everyone thinks like them and the 'wardrobe is not all the same'. How much do you and I agree, for example?

There are many different faces to this movement, and I can comfortably say that there is a great body (and within Iran, perhaps a majority) that respects Ayatullah Khomeini. It's just something we can't ignore and Kadivar is doing a good job in that regard.

spanx

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2005
Kadivar ham ziadi khayeye khomeini ro mimaleh. He's a good guy, but he needs to be careful about going overboard on praising Khomeini. It may backfire on him once the green movement wins.
He's just expressing his opinion based on his belief system, not based on what is convinient and what consequences it will have for him ... that's the beauty of free speech

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
That's your opinion though.

Unfortunately people (mainly people that post here and those like them) constantly forget that not everyone thinks like them and the 'wardrobe is not all the same'. How much do you and I agree, for example?

There are many different faces to this movement, and I can comfortably say that there is a great body (and within Iran, perhaps a majority) that respects Ayatullah Khomeini. It's just something we can't ignore and Kadivar is doing a good job in that regard.

My opinion is exactly what you said "MY opinion" and it's too bad you feel "unfortunate" to see people here express their opinions. Kadivar has some fans right now (including me) who will stop supporting him if he continues to lick Khomeini's balls once Iran is free of the current establishment. You can bet all your fortune on that :)

In my opinion Khomeini was an inhuman beast whose legacy will continue to hurt Iran for decades to come. Does everybody else think like me? NO! Do many? Yes! Ask around!

Aug 15, 2009
Rahpeymayee Bozorgi khahad bod. man ba khili az dostan va Ashenayan sohbat kardam va hamegi ba khanevadehashon mikhan beran va hemayate khod ro az Mardom MAZLOM felestin neshon bedan :) Behtareh ke Aghayan tarafdar sabz, parcheh sabzi ya .... sabzi be khod vasl konan ke betonan shenasaye shodeh va bozorgi Jonbeshe Sabz ro be jahaniyan neshon bedan, varganeh bazi ha momkene ke feker konan inha tarafdaran Rahbari va Ahmadi Nejad hastan ke vase Felestin Amadan

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Rahpeymayee Bozorgi khahad bod. man ba khili az dostan va Ashenayan sohbat kardam va hamegi ba khanevadehashon mikhan beran va hemayate khod ro az Mardom MAZLOM felestin neshon bedan :) Behtareh ke Aghayan tarafdar sabz, parcheh sabzi ya .... sabzi be khod vasl konan ke betonan shenasaye shodeh va bozorgi Jonbeshe Sabz ro be jahaniyan neshon bedan, varganeh bazi ha momkene ke feker konan inha tarafdaran Rahbari va Ahmadi Nejad hastan ke vase Felestin Amadan
Nope! You got it all wrong. Nice try though. It's better that the greens don't bring anything green with them or otherwise thugs like you will beat or arrest a bunch to scare people off.

We know how many people showed up every year for Ghods day, anything extra will be greens. And when you hear Marg bar dictator or Na ghazeh na Lobnan Janam fadayeh Iran, you'll know whose side they are on.

On another note, I always wanted to ask you, are you really stupid or just act like one?

Jun 18, 2005
My opinion is exactly what you said "MY opinion" and it's too bad you feel "unfortunate" to see people here express their opinions. Kadivar has some fans right now (including me) who will stop supporting him if he continues to lick Khomeini's balls once Iran is free of the current establishment. You can bet all your fortune on that :)

In my opinion Khomeini was an inhuman beast whose legacy will continue to hurt Iran for decades to come. Does everybody else think like me? NO! Do many? Yes! Ask around!
I am not sure about that. At least for the current green movement the likes of Mousavi, Karroubi, Khatami, Saanei, and etc do think very highly of Khomeini.

Khomeini's biggest fuckup/mistake was to get involved in the state affairs. He should have just been a high stature cleric and left the governing for politicians immediately after the revolution.

But nooooooo he had to be the Supreme leader and vali faghigh...:violin:

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa

BT Jaan,

It depends. Moderates and Western minded people would also think like most of us ISP members.

As all Iranians, I am not really sure as I do not think that is true, especially inside Iran. Because even if they are, they might not be able to talk so openly and freely.

My gut feeling and from what I see and hear from inside Iran, there are many who still believe in Khomeini but hate Khamenei and AN's gang. There are also many, if they have freedom of speech, would openly speak against Khomeini.

However, we won't know for sure unless everyone is free to express themselves! There is fear everywhere inside Iran even for those who claim to support Khomeini but have a simple protest against the way election was held, let alone people who want to talk against Khomeini!

Aug 15, 2009
Nope! You got it all wrong. Nice try though. It's better that the greens don't bring anything green with them or otherwise thugs like you will beat or arrest a bunch to scare people off.

We know how many people showed up every year for Ghods day, anything extra will be greens. And when you hear Marg bar dictator or Na ghazeh na Lobnan Janam fadayeh Iran, you'll know whose side they are on.

On another note, I always wanted to ask you, are you really stupid or just act like one?
man feker mikonam ke khili ha ke salhaye ghabl nemiraftan emsal miran chon mikhan be Seyhonist neshon bedan ke ma baziche anha nistim. hamontori ke goftan khili az dostan bandeh va familha va ... dar sarasar iran sherkat khanahd kard. Pas tedade ziyad tar neshan dahandeh hozor Sabz feghat nist :) ....... Soale dovom shoma :) na, bandeh na stupid hastam va na khodam ro be stupidi zadam. bandeh feghat nazarm ba shoma fargh dareh va vaghean moteasefam ke shoma feker mikoni ke har ki mesleh shoma fekr nemikoneh Stupid hast !!!!

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
na, bandeh na stupid hastam va na khodam ro be stupidi zadam. bandeh feghat nazarm ba shoma fargh dareh va vaghean moteasefam ke shoma feker mikoni ke har ki mesleh shoma fekr nemikoneh Stupid hast !!!!
I'm all for someone who can put a half-decent, remotely intelligent argument together; for or against me doesn't matter. Yours just doesn't meet that condition.