Its still snowing in Tehran

beystr

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
iran
It started a week ago and still going….for those of u over 40 yrs old u might have seen such snow in Tehran before..but it certainly has not happened since Iranians went nuts and picked an insane old man to lead this nation. I would guess it has snowed over a meter in north of Tehran…snow so heavy that broke a few trees in khiaboone pahlavi, the only bad thing is that it has rendered most satellite dishes out of order and u have to watch the IRI TV all day long about how the stupid revolution took place.

In any case Tehran is certainly beautiful under the snow and this heavy downpour has created so many picturesque scenes…Jaye hame khali

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
LOL@Ali!!omg

wow,is it still snowing?coolio! khosh bahaletun!:) Tehran needs it with that pollution in Winter.

Its the best chance to go on a trip these days then!

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Thousands of travellers stranded as blizzards lash northern Iran

Thu Feb 10,10:55 AM ET

Add to My Yahoo! Mideast - AFP

TEHRAN (AFP) - Thousands of travellers were stranded in northern Iran after record snowfall cut off scores of roads and highways, state media reported, urging local emergency services and ordinary people to mobilise.

Photo
AFP/File Photo

State television said on Thursday that between 7,000 and 8,000 motorists were stuck in heavy snow on the higway between the city of Qazvin, situated around 150 kilometers (95 miles) west of Tehran, and the Caspian Sea city of Rasht.

Official radio also said Rasht had been completely cut off and parts of the city were without running water, gas and electricity, having had over 1.5 metres (five feet) of snow.

Non-stop snow showers and blizzards have been blanketing northern Iran with powder for the past 10 days. Iran's meteorological organisation has described the snowfall as the heaviest in decades.

Parts of Tehran have also been blanketed with over a metre of snow.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...50210/wl_mideast_afp/iranweather_050210155521

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Thanks GA for the link and nice pics.
It took me back to long ago when I would hear some one yelling in streets: "Barfiye, Ay barfiye! Paroo mikonim ..... " missed those days ....

beystr

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
iran
I did take a lot of pictures, but I still don't have a digital camera..Birthday coming u know....but by time I get em developed its in the middle of summer which might not be bad time to post them..but I'm telling u I'm looking out and there is likw 20 centimeter just laying on trees...wow....thanks Allah....Down with Moharram

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
thanx beystr jan!

we talked to my grandma and aunts,and they said their "heating system" is off for days now bc of snow.
bichare mardom..

here r some more pics,my friend sent me today. Its the area of Niavaran and Marjan street.