Jalal Hosseini -- New Star!

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
How impressive can Hosseini get considering his limited international experience. It becomes more evident when you compare him to Rezaie with tons of internation experience in TM and club level. He was solid again against China despite his lack of speed which he makes up for by his intelligence and positioning. With Rezaie retiring, this could be one of the best things happening to TM. I like to see Hosseini and Nosrati/Aghili against Malaysia, also a chance to rest Rezaie.

Hope to see many many more games from Hossieni.

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
He's very natars, I love his game. He's had two brilliant games, and played a good tournament before that. But the challenge with all Iranian players is as soon as they play good they get an inflated sense of themselves and either perform poorly or inconsistantly. So yes, he's a star now, just like Andranik, Nekounam, Karimi and others who think just by being in Europe they've proved themselves. But it's not sufficient to be a star like these players, we need Hosseini to be like a Mahdavikia, who plays consistantly sold every game. If he does that he'll be a team super-star, not just a star like some of our other players who just shine from time to time.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
old stars fading yet luckily new starts are rising to take their place.

hosseini aghili and nosrati can be trusted to hold their own when rezaie is gone end of this tournoment.

St_Mark

IPL Player
Oct 30, 2004
USA
BTW, how old is hosseini?

1360/11/4
24 Jan 1982
Jalal is 25 years old . . .
or 306 months old
or 1328 weeks old
or 9303 days old
or 223272 hours old
or 13396367 minutes old
or 803782038 seconds old
And, his next BD is in:
193 days 1 hrs 13 mins 42 secs from this moment !.

ABall

Bench Warmer
Jun 15, 2006
whoknowwwws?
He's very natars, I love his game. He's had two brilliant games, and played a good tournament before that. But the challenge with all Iranian players is as soon as they play good they get an inflated sense of themselves and either perform poorly or inconsistantly. So yes, he's a star now, just like Andranik, Nekounam, Karimi and others who think just by being in Europe they've proved themselves. But it's not sufficient to be a star like these players, we need Hosseini to be like a Mahdavikia, who plays consistantly sold every game. If he does that he'll be a team super-star, not just a star like some of our other players who just shine from time to time.
Spot on! I can't believe it -- its like you stole the words outta my mouth.

I think Jalal is a more humble fellow though. (or at least, hope)

Jaguar

Football Fan
Nov 15, 2003
i think he played awsome so far. cleared a LOT of balls in the defense and had good scenes on corner kicks as well (also the goal against uzbekistan).

mashallah jalali.

Jul 28, 2004
I loved his game as well, he perfectly covered for Rezai at times and filled up the space behind him acting as the sweeper. Not to mention he was brilliant in the air, he won every airball there was. Where the hell was he until now?

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
He has been a dominant player for Iran for a long time now. Some like myself had even advocated his presence during Branko's time as coach. His U23 teammate Montazeri also has potential although I have not seen him play for a year.