Japan game is a must win now!

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
Japan next in Tehran. can't afford to lose any points. If we even draw against Japan in Tehran, then it becomes a two or three way race for the second spot. This second game is so important to the success of TM.

Oct 15, 2004
Chico, CA
well...obviously we all wanted a win to start off and boost our spirits....but i dont think this was a bad result. no matter what people say, bahrain is a decent squad aside from grassrolling, and coming out of bahrain with a 0-0 draw is better than coming out with a loss. next time we play bahrain, their gonna have to face the intimidating crowd of the Azadi Stadium. Yes, Japan will be very tough, and i agree we must win that game too. We can beat Japan, i know it. GO IRAN!!!

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
I doubt we can beat Japan with today's kinda performance. The result is certainly not bad at all, but it's the team's cohesion & strategy that was , well let's just say, it wasn't there!

Oct 9, 2004
yea i think the japan match is vital....but what was up with karimi in this match? i kno it was harder beacuse they had like 5 guys on him as soon as he got the ball but still..

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
Bauvafa I think its already a 3 horse race for 2 places,I think we and Bahrain will battle it out for 2nd by the end.

But I disagree,its not a must win game.Its just a must not LOSE game though!

Oct 15, 2004
Chico, CA
Bauvafa said:
I doubt we can beat Japan with today's kinda performance. The result is certainly not bad at all, but it's the team's cohesion & strategy that was , well let's just say, it wasn't there!
Dude, i didnt say we would win if we played like we did today. if we play against japan like we played today, we will get demolished, plain and simple. that match isnt until march 25, so for all those negative TM fans out there, its time to relax and hope that Iran trains good and prepares for the next match. GO IRAN!!!