Jeb Bush throws his hat in.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Back in 2002..Archive!
Published: August 21, 2002

Sharon Is to Join Jeb Bush At Rally for Israel in Florida

Ariel Sharon, the Israeli prime minister, will appear in South Florida with Gov. Jeb Bush on Sept. 9 -- the day before Mr. Bush's would-be challengers meet in the Democratic primary -- at a pro-Israel rally where international affairs will share a stage with domestic political concerns.
Israeli consular officials in Miami said today that Mr. Sharon's appearance had nothing to do with the re-election campaign of President Bush's brother. But Florida Democratic leaders denounced the appearance as the latest instance of what they described as White House intervention on behalf of Governor Bush's campaign. They argued that the visit would help the governor this November and enhance the prime minister's standing with the White House at a time when the administration is torn by conflicting demands from Israeli and Arab leaders.
Mr. Sharon's visit to Florida will be his first to any American city other than Washington and New York since his election as prime minister in February 2001. He will fly directly from Israel to Miami, stay there a day, then spend three days in Los Angeles before heading home in time for Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement.
Miami and Los Angeles were both chosen because of their large Jewish populations, said Israeli officials, who added that as in Miami, the prime minister would be addressing Jewish groups in Los Angeles, but that they did not know whether he would be meeting with public officials there as well. The dates were chosen to fall in the week between the two Jewish High Holy Days, when there is a surge of attendance at American synagogues and many American Jews turn their attention to Israel.

Today, this morning
Published: December 17, 2014

Jeb Bush, the former governor of Florida, announced on Twitter and Facebook on Tuesday that he had “decided to actively explore the possibility of running for president of the United States.”
Mr. Bush has long been viewed as a potential Republican presidential candidate in 2016, and he said earlier this month that he would be making a decision “in short order” on whether to run.
The announcement by Mr. Bush does not say he has formed an exploratory committee, just that he will form a leadership PAC in January, which will pull him in line with other potential candidates who have already launched such PACs, like Senators Rand Paul, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz. It will also put him ahead of potential rivals like Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, who has yet to establish any kind of political organization that would ease a path toward a presidential run.
By making official what has been increasingly apparent in recent weeks — that he’s considering a 2016 presidential bid — Mr. Bush has for the moment frozen the so-called invisible primary.
Mr. Bush’s fellow Floridian, Mr. Rubio, will see a significant number of the Republican contributors in their donor-rich state side with the former governor.

Mr. Christie will feel a similar chill from the Republican money class, especially in New York City.
And much of the air is likely to come out of the Mitt 3.0 balloon, as the prospect of a Bush campaign will fill the vacuum that a third Mitt Romney run had temporarily occupied for some party elites.
Then there are the other current governors – Scott Walker of Wisconsin, John Kasich of Ohio, Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, Rick Perry of Texas – who have expressed interest in a 2016 run. The donors they were seeking commitments from may now choose to either side with Mr. Bush or at least wait to see if he actually runs.
The question that looms over yet another Bush candidacy, though, is if he can appeal to actual Republican primary voters as much as he does the party’s wealthy bundlers. Many of Mr. Bush’s would-be rivals are skeptical. So for them, Mr. Bush’s making such an early move is not entirely bad news. If it turns out that he cannot appeal to the party base or backs away from a run entirely, there will be time for them to make their move.
For now, though, it is Mr. Bush who is the market-mover.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

Like many of you, our family was blessed with the opportunity to gather together over the recent Thanksgiving holiday.
Columba and I are so proud of the wonderful adults our children have become, and we loved spending time with our three precious grandchildren.
We shared good food and watched a whole lot of football.
We also talked about the future of our nation. As a result of these conversations and thoughtful consideration of the kind of strong leadership I think America needs, I have decided to actively explore the possibility of running for president of the United States.
In January, I also plan to establish a leadership PAC that will help me facilitate conversations with citizens across America to discuss the most critical challenges facing our exceptional nation. The PAC’s purpose will be to support leaders, ideas and policies that will expand opportunity and prosperity for all Americans.
In the coming months, I hope to visit with many of you and have a conversation about restoring the promise of America.
Best wishes to you and your families for a happy holiday season. I’ll be in touch soon.
Onward,
Jeb Bush

LOL, mAshti Hosein leaving 2016, dAsh Jeb taking over.... dAhan arAbha gaidAs again! :)

Last edited: