Jose Mourinho, will he leave or stay ?

Ostad, I am curious about how much Jose spent on players since his arrival. Do you have the figures?
I keep hearing that Madrid spent big money, but I think that was the case 2-3 years ago (especially on CR and Kaka). The club spendings on players has been very average since then as far as I know.
Do you have the exact numbers?
Saeed jan

He brought, Sahin , Varane , Altintop, Coentrao, Carvalho , ozil , khedira , di maria Pedro leon and canales ( Pedro leon was actually Valdano's idea)

I think Altintip was a free transfer

Varane 10 Mil
Carvalho 7 Mil
Sahin 10-15 Mil
Coentrao 30 Mil
Ozil 15 ,mil
Khedira 10-15 Mil
Di maria 25 mil

Ozil and Dimaria now worth almost twice the money we paid.

Khedira well proved , varane needs time however he was 90% successfully every time he played

I'm a big fan of Coentrao but he was over paid

Carvalho worth every penny

Both leon and Canales are loaned out

Sahin ???? Really don't know the Mystery around him ..pls tell me once you find out

Reading the posts in this thread its interesting to see what an impact Jose has. First everyone is like "no, we dont want him as a coach, he is such a duchebag please no go somewhere else", then when he showes what he is worth fans will beg him to stay, thats the same in every club!

Yeah, I would bet that no other coach in the world today would be able to win Laliga with RM over Barca, probably not even Ferguson if Mourinho wins Laliga this year over THIS Barca team he has achieved something extaordinary. Yet some RM fans have the guts to boo him just because he happened to loose against the best team maybe in the history of football, damn right if I was him I wuold think "ajab namak nashnasayian ina dige" and go too.

You know better but all I can say is that unlike most of People think, not only Marca is not Madrid's propaganda but also they make the most damages day in day out by making stupid criteria and subject in order to sell more more copies .

up until today I have not see any fan of Porto, Chelsea, Inter or Madrid hate the guy leave alone booing him . not sure what really happened when we were playing bilbao but then against Zaragoza both jose and CR received standing ovations , anyways Fuck Marca

As a fan there are many things i don't agree with Jose but we cant find any better and we all know he never stay too long anywhere he goes

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
$500 says Mou will stay and these are the reasons why:

1- Madrid will win this year's la liga

2- The club is morally bankrupt..They had their asses handed to them year after year and had to do something.. So they invested all they had in Mou and his regime. They've done whatever he's requested. Look at all the shit that's happened since he's taken over..all the negativity that he's brought with him to la liga.. Under no other coach would an animal like Pepe be allowed on the pitch. But Madrid just took it at the risk of their reputation and standing in world media..Its so bad that I think that if Mou asked for Florentio's wife he'd hand her over too!
So what's Madrid going to do without Mou having invested so much in him? nothing..they're fucked.. he's going to stay at this club for a very long time.

3- where the fak is he going to go? I think most self-respecting clubs are aware of the baggage that comes with him.. they only club that I think is willing to sell itself and brand image for a little success if Man City.
Pretty good summary. I only see him leavin this year if he still wins both titles or somehow ends up winning nithing again. The way it is now I don't see him leave for another job as there's none open. He could leave for a sabbatical though, which to me is rather umlikely

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
He could leave for a sabbatical though, which to me is rather umlikely
Yeah , he could take a break and spend some quality time with vacationing Rafa Benitez.they became good friends when he was Chelsea's manager and Rafa was Liverpool's manager.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Ostad, I am curious about how much Jose spent on players since his arrival. Do you have the figures?
I keep hearing that Madrid spent big money, but I think that was the case 2-3 years ago (especially on CR and Kaka). The club spendings on players has been very average since then as far as I know.
Do you have the exact numbers?
here are the EXACT numbers, the one Fariborz posted are not correct for most part (with all due respect). I have included Barcelona Xfers the past 2 years for comparison.

Since Jose took over:
YEAR 1

Canales - 4.5M
Di Maria - 25M
Leon - 10M
Khedira - 12M
Carvalho - 8M
Ozil - 15M
Total: 74.5M

YEAR 2
Sahin - 10M
Altintop - Free
Callejon - 5M
Varane - 10M
Coentrao - 30M
Total : 45M

Grand TOTAL: 119.5M since Jose took over.

Barcelona xfers the past 2 years:

YEAR 1
Villa - 40M
Mascherano - 19M
Adriano - 9.5M
Afellay - 3M
Total: 71.5M

YEAR 2
Cesc - 29M
Sanchez - 37.5M
Total: 66.5M

Grand Total: 138M

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
, i mean Xavi is not getting any younger :)() nor is Iniesta, and i know most people dont but i STRONGLY believe without those 2 Messi is NOT as good as he is now and really dont think Barca will find a replacement for them specially Xavi,....
Add Fariborz and Pooya to this pair of expectators :)

426737_10150631679730734_627725733_11549117_343445703_n.jpg

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
The question is this:
Has Morinho done something amazing compare to previous coaches ? Does Madrid play better ?

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
here are the EXACT numbers, the one Fariborz posted are not correct for most part (with all due respect). I have included Barcelona Xfers the past 2 years for comparison.

Since Jose took over:
YEAR 1

Canales - 4.5M
Di Maria - 25M
Leon - 10M
Khedira - 12M
Carvalho - 8M
Ozil - 15M
Total: 74.5M

YEAR 2
Sahin - 10M
Altintop - Free
Callejon - 5M
Varane - 10M
Coentrao - 30M
Total : 45M

Grand TOTAL: 119.5M since Jose took over.

Barcelona xfers the past 2 years:

YEAR 1
Villa - 40M
Mascherano - 19M
Adriano - 9.5M
Afellay - 3M
Total: 71.5M

YEAR 2
Cesc - 29M
Sanchez - 37.5M
Total: 66.5M

Grand Total: 138M
Thank you bro.

Thats what I have been saying. Madrid (and Jose) has not been spending that much money on players. Kaka and CR were 3 years ago, and it was understanable since the club had lost Zizu, Ronaldo, Beckham..etc
so why people still talk about $0.5 billion?
I wish we used more of our youth but as Fariborz saied, most of the players Jose bought are worth much more now.

Last edited:

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Yeah , he could take a break and spend some quality time with vacationing Rafa Benitez.they became good friends when he was Chelsea's manager and Rafa was Liverpool's manager.
Haha

But it seems like we won't see this happen since whenever Mou leaves Rafa seems frontrunner to replace him.

Btw I forgot soemething, if Mancini somehow ends up empty handed, then Mou is in Manchester next season and Abu Dhabi will bailout Portugal by paying Jorge Mendes lots of money

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
The question is this:
Has Morinho done something amazing compare to previous coaches ? Does Madrid play better ?
I say definitely yes. Madrid is now the strongest team in the world. Barca is a great team but they have lost the upper hand for sure. Unlike Barca that struggles to find the opening line in one out of their 3 games this year, Madrid has bounced back so many times this season from even one goal behind and ended up wining with a large goal difference. This is simply power. Also look at their jaw dropping CL record. For sure, the pattern from now will be even more psychologic gain for Madrid and net loss for Barca. The dynamics have totally changed even compared to he last year leave alone to before his arrival and this happened over some time and passing several stages, indicating that a fundomental multi-dimentional work has been done.

At the finincial state, he has limited extravagant purchases and focused on rising young stars. The stat Pooya posted is very interesting. Madrid is still the most profitable club in the world by wide margin but does buy less than its immediate rival and its purchases do well. This is quite an acheivement compared to 3 years ago that the club was paying the most expensive palyer in the world to turn him into a bench warmer.

To go on more at the player level, he has kept most of his stars in great form, even Kaka is reviving. A lot of his young additions are doing awsome. I am actually thinking if Germany does well this summer, Ozil will pick up the ball d'or this year, ending a long overdue draught for the club.

His addition has been priceless.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I say definitely yes. Madrid is now the strongest team in the world. Barca is a great team but they have lost the upper hand for sure. Unlike Barca that struggles to find the opening line in one out of their 3 games this year, Madrid has bounced back so many times this season from even one goal behind and ended up wining with a large goal difference. This is simply power. Also look at their jaw dropping CL record. For sure, the pattern from now will be even more psychologic gain for Madrid and net loss for Barca. The dynamics have totally changed even compared to he last year leave alone to before his arrival and this happened over some time and passing several stages, indicating that a fundomental multi-dimentional work has been done.

At the finincial state, he has limited extravagant purchases and focused on rising young stars. The stat Pooya posted is very interesting. Madrid is still the most profitable club in the world by wide margin but does buy less than its immediate rival and its purchases do well. This is quite an acheivement compared to 3 years ago that the club was paying the most expensive palyer in the world to turn him into a bench warmer.

To go on more at the player level, he has kept most of his stars in great form, even Kaka is reviving. A lot of his young additions are doing awsome. I am actually thinking if Germany does well this summer, Ozil will pick up the ball d'or this year, ending a long overdue draught for the club.

His addition has been priceless.
Keep it up. We beat you away twice after going down 1-0, once within 20 seconds, the other time after 12 minutes. We knocked you out of the Cup with our 2nd keeper. I love those dynamics and the Kush you're smoking. Make sure you say the same stuff whenever we meet next.

[video=dailymotion;xg310s]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg310s_dr-dre-ft-akon-snoop-dogg-kush_music[/video]

Aug 26, 2005
Thank you bro.

Thats what I have been saying. Madrid (and Jose) has not been spending that much money on players. Kaka and CR were 3 years ago, and it was understanable since the club had lost Zizu, Ronaldo, Beckham..etc
so why people still talk about $0.5 billion?
I wish we used more of our youth but as Fariborz saied, most of the players Jose bought are worth much more now.
This is the same kind of logic people used to deny that Mourinho spent a lot when at Chelsea...forgetting all the spending Ranieri already did. Just because Mourinho himself didnt buy Ronaldo or Kaka doesn't mean he has not benefitted from the money spent in getting them - even if it was by some other manager.

Aug 26, 2005
Reading the posts in this thread its interesting to see what an impact Jose has. First everyone is like "no, we dont want him as a coach, he is such a duchebag please no go somewhere else", then when he showes what he is worth fans will beg him to stay, thats the same in every club!

Yeah, I would bet that no other coach in the world today would be able to win Laliga with RM over Barca, probably not even Ferguson if Mourinho wins Laliga this year over THIS Barca team he has achieved something extaordinary. Yet some RM fans have the guts to boo him just because he happened to loose against the best team maybe in the history of football, damn right if I was him I wuold think "ajab namak nashnasayian ina dige" and go too.
That's because he is an expert at the siege mentality. It doesn't mean people start accepting him for the same reasons they didn't want him in the beginning. It is that they choose to forget about his lack of class because they think they are being attacked too.

Real Madrid has always been thought of as a great attacking team: for generations, Madrid's philosophy was something along the lines of "well, sure, they'll score three, but we'll score five." The legend of los blancos was cemented during the golden age of Alfredo di Stefano and Ferenc Puskas, when the side famously blazed over opposing defenses en route to magnificent six or seven-goal performances.

Los merengues have never, despite all their attacking chops, been thought of as a possession side. Possession football, as has been noted by various coaches and players, is actually "too boring" for Real Madrid's fans (according to Getafe president Angel Torres, among others who've said similar things). Madrid has always been--and remains now--a vertical, fast-paced offense that favors the quick strike over the long, 13-touch goal.

So you might be a bit shocked to hear that Real Madrid are second in all of the "big three" European leagues--England's EPL, Spain's la Liga, and Italy's Serie A--in average possession, and are third if you include Germany and France (the other two major leagues). [Note: I'm not emphasizing this for two reasons: 1) the team that beats Madrid, Bayern Munich, is the only team in their league to average more than 53% possession and 2) traditionally (if maybe not currently) Spain, Italy and England are much stronger leagues than Germany and France.]

This may not come as a total shock to some--especially because I literally just wrote an article about interesting Real Madrid stats--but it's something that I do think merits some discussion.

As I said in my previous article on this subject, the possession statistics for this season are absolutely remarkable. Not only are Real Madrid second only to Barcelona among the best leagues, they're keeping the ball better than they have in three years! And that's including under the supposedly more offensive Manuel Pellegrini!
Part of this post, then, is to defend Mourinho's offensive chops. We all know Madrid are furious goal-scorers (the 70 goals says it all)...but did we know they were this good at passing and retaining possession? As you can tell, I certainly didn't.

And, of course, all the usual caveats apply: Spain is a weaker league than England, Spanish sides tend to park the bus when facing Real Madrid and Barcelona (thus creating gaudy possession stats for the "big two"), etc. All of that is true. But the facts still remain.

I'm curious, MM'ers: what do you think? Does this change your opinion of Mourinho? Is this any indicator at all of Madrid's offensive strength? Or am I being a bit disingenuous?

Team----- Average Possession
FC Barcelona 69%
Real Madrid 61%
Juventus 60%
AC Milan 60%
Roma 59%
Manchester City 57%
Arsenal 57%
Chelsea 56%
Manchester United 56%
Liverpool 55%

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
^^
I somewhat do agree with u, but one thing I have had problem with him in Madrid is his choice of defender he use. I dont understand his trust in Pepe. Im sure Madrid can bring a defender more of Silva style to their team. It would help a lot.
BTW one thing got my attention was of how much of an impact Conte had on these Juve side specially with the help of Pirlo.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Keep it up. We beat you away twice after going down 1-0, once within 20 seconds, the other time after 12 minutes. We knocked you out of the Cup with our 2nd keeper. I love those dynamics and the Kush you're smoking. Make sure you say the same stuff whenever we meet next.

[video=dailymotion;xg310s]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg310s_dr-dre-ft-akon-snoop-dogg-kush_music[/video]
You shouldn't try to take credit for one thing twice. You knocked us out of CDR, and made your come back twice and that was all the same thing, something that you really couldn't do it to the others. In average you are messing up 1 out of 3 games, and this is your real stat.

I personally think we will beat you a couple of times this year, but I really don't care much in La Liga as long as we get the title and we are going to do it.

BTW, hope team Qatar gets CDR, you have still a long way to go on that one.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
You shouldn't try to take credit for one thing twice. You knocked us out of CDR, and made your come back twice and that was all the same thing, something that you really couldn't do it to the others. In average you are messing up 1 out of 3 games, and this is your real stat.

I personally think we will beat you a couple of times this year, but I really don't care much in La Liga as long as we get the title and we are going to do it.

BTW, hope team Qatar gets CDR, you have still a long way to go on that one.
The reason is pretty simple. We have a short squad with injuries to key players. You can't win a league that requires +90 points that way. The key is to get everyone fit by April. Then we might give you 2 goals advantage and play Oier from the youth team and see what happens. :cheers:

Seriously, 1 good half in 3 games and you get all cocky le that? LOL