Just watched "Rang e Khoda" "The Colors of Paradise"

Exoma

Ball Boy
Jul 15, 2005
Great film! Did anybody know that Mohsen Ramezani (Mohammad Ramezani in the film) is actually blind in real life?

Either way, a great performance by him! :)

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Well I resent the idea of using little kids and their misfortunes to draw prizes and crowds at festivals. That's exactly what Iranian film makers were into for quite a few years. It's a sick way of gaining fame.

In my opinion Range Khoda was a very ordinary movie actually. The only good thing about it was the adorable grandma. Loved her face.

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
I have seen the movie an I personally love that movie. Out of all those children movies in the 90s Range Khoda was very unique. Although the main character was a blind boy, the massage of the movie was about major societal problems in Iran dealing with adults. I love the sounds in that movie;

Oct 20, 2003
This movie is one of my favorites, I have watched it several times. It is beautiful in that it depicts the human emotions in a poetic yet simple way. A father's struggle with coming to term and accepting his blind son, a grandmother "aziz" concernd for his son's felling toward his blind grandson are nicely shown. The ascension of light into the sky in a distance was a beautiful allegory of the grandmother's death. The dialogue between the kid and the blind carpenter when the blind kids burst into tears and says "hich ki mano doost nadreh, chon binai nadram hame mikhond az dast man farar konand......age ye rooz dastam be khoda berese ham chizo brash migam, harchi ke to delam hast....; this scene was very touching. The final scene when the father rescues the child from drowning (after initial doubt), and is holding the kid, everyone thinks the kid is dead,the camera zooms on kids fingers which were lifeless, after a little while the fingers slowely move. My hat off to Majid Majidi for a masterpiece.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
i saw the movie , it was real good directing .however people with losing one sense are getting stronger on other senses ,it means they can see better .
but even a person with prefect health and look still feel sorry for herself/himself .in other words people really don't understand others pain, some pain in human might be obvoius and some might not be seen by others .
same goes with people's look , i told you about this goldi hawn, once she was real nice but in period of ten ,15 years turned real ugly . some average looking people with strong mind with times passes gettingeven better and better looking .

Dec 12, 2002
usa
one of the best dialog i have seen in iranian movie was from kia rostami , zire darakht zeytoon , the scene hassan chasing mother borzorg tu jangal for khosegari of that girl .it was gilaki with roudbari accent ,but it was masterpiece .the old lady was remarable ,the things she told hassan .