Karim, Karimi and Khalili to join Estili in Estil Azin?

Oct 19, 2002
Probably not but papers are bringing it up again... Karimi havent signed yet despite "sign on saturday or never"...

Shapourzadeh seems to have signed and Zandi is said to be in Tehran...

Also still lots of on off this that talks on Adel and 90 show...

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Probably not but papers are bringing it up again... Karimi havent signed yet despite "sign on saturday or never"...

Shapourzadeh seems to have signed and Zandi is said to be in Tehran...

Also still lots of on off this that talks on Adel and 90 show...
Well, last i read, and saw on the Persepolis website was that Khalili had agreed to a new contract with Persepolis. Karimi on the other hand seems to not budge from his $600.000 demand.

Hedayati has told Karimi he will meet his demands, and on top of all that, has offered Zandi a $500.000 deal to come to Iran.

And also, Karim Bagheri was last seen yesterday in Persepolis training, despite saying that until his problems are solved, he will not attend training.

Amir Shahpourzadeh, i haven't seen any pics or anything to confirm this but many sources in Iran have all confirmed him signing a deal with Steel Azin.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
A few questions come to mind when looking at these salaries. Do these players deserve this much considering the output??? Where do the clubs get millions of dollars to pay these salaries?? What's the source of income for a team like Azin, or any of them.

I am afraid in vast majority of cases society as a whole is subsidizing it in some shape and form, direct government hand-out or industry support.

That in fact is the core of the problem in IPL and Iranian football. Extremely poor, and unproductive business model.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
A few questions come to mind when looking at these salaries. Do these players deserve this much considering the output??? Where do the clubs get millions of dollars to pay these salaries?? What's the source of income for a team like Azin, or any of them.

I am afraid in vast majority of cases society as a whole is subsidizing it in some shape and form, direct government hand-out or industry support.

That in fact is the core of the problem in IPL and Iranian football. Extremely poor, and unproductive business model.
Well besides Hossein Hedayati who is an extremely wealthy man, who uses his steel factory to financially back the team. His father also, a very very wealthy man during the time of Revolution. Left behind money to Hedayati, Steel Azin is backed by many other big investors amongst these, several Dubai based Real Estate & Insurance Companies i believe. But i believe most of the financial backing comes from Hedayati's highly successful Steel factory. Its a pity they did not let him purchase Persepolis. It really is...

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
Well besides Hossein Hedayati who is an extremely wealthy man, who uses his steel factory to financially back the team. His father also, a very very wealthy man during the time of Revolution. Left behind money to Hedayati, Steel Azin is backed by many other big investors amongst these, several Dubai based Real Estate & Insurance Companies i believe. But i believe most of the financial backing comes from Hedayati's highly successful Steel factory. Its a pity they did not let him purchase Persepolis. It really is...
Thanx for the info.

I am all in favor of a well calculated gradual privatization of the clubs but the business model is still poor. Its survival depends on the profits from another enterprise with no plan to move towards long term self sustainability. Don't get me wrong, I admire the investors who knowingly risk their capital for the love of the game, but in the long term that approach is unsustainable and produces poor organizational incentives at all levels.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Thanx for the info.

I am all in favor of a well calculated gradual privatization of the clubs but the business model is still poor. Its survival depends on the profits from another enterprise with no plan to move towards long term self sustainability. Don't get me wrong, I admire the investors who knowingly risk their capital for the love of the game, but in the long term that approach is unsustainable and produces poor organizational incentives at all levels.
Well to go more into the issue, you are correct, but i believe Hedayati has the right plan towards making Steel Azin a successful club.
Income for Hedayati is based mostly and i could say very well up to 80% based on his company " Steel Azin " who must have a consistent annually income for Hedayati to splash cash left right & center.

Hedayati is also a major shareholder in the newly formed Iranian brand Majid.
I believe back when they were formed he invested around $800.000 in the company, a brand who is nearly dominating the Iranian League, and has surpassed other brands such as Shekari & even Daei in terms of sponsoring IPL & Azadegan clubs.

At the end of the day, you are right Bauvafa, and all this spending is aimed at 1 thing, and that's qualifying for Asia, and its a risk they have taken. And only time will tell if it pays off. If they slowly slowly work themselves up with proper management and financial planning they can easily become as solid and strong as Sepahan Isfahan.