Khamenei dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
http://pajamasmedia.com/xpress/michaelledeen/

I dont know but Michael Ledeens a pretty respected neo-conservative. i dont think he'd risk his career to post BS news. several other news organizations have cited his source which is only from 2 hours ago.

i dont know. we've heard that the mans very ill, lets hope this is true.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
http://pajamasmedia.com/xpress/michaelledeen/

I dont know but Michael Ledeens a pretty respected neo-conservative. i dont think he'd risk his career to post BS news. several other news organizations have cited his source which is only from 2 hours ago.

i dont know. we've heard that the mans very ill, lets hope this is true.
Hmm, Ledeen on your reading list? I am impressed. If one thing IR has demonstrated is that it can survive shake ups in the leadership. They have a solid system in place. The article following that news was more interesting actually.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
nababab inha 7 ta jun daran!!!

but thats a sign of preparing ppl for a new leader.God knows what they have in mind.

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
LATE UPDATE FROM RICHARD MINITER:

Banashef Zand-Bonazzi runs Iran Press News, a New York-based non-profit service which translates the output of Iran’s television, radio and newspapers. When I reached her at home, she seemed confident that the reports of Khamenei’s death were not exaggerated.

“I have looked around the Iranian (Farsi-language) press and have not yet found a confirmation of Khamenei’s death. This does not surprise me, given the atmosphere of the recent elections that highlights the explosive factional tension among the various mullah cliques. Michael Ledeen, who broke the news, has rarely if ever, reported anything incorrectly. I trust his sources. My feeling is that if Khamenei is not yet dead, he will be soon. Rumors of his illness have been circulating for a long time and certainly the way he has been conducting himself recently came across as someone who is putting his affairs in order. He did not show up to give his usual Eid speech last week—this is unprecedented.”

The Eid speech is traditionally given at the end of the pilgrimage (or hajj) season. It has long been a set piece of Persian propaganda efforts and, until this year, only had one star—Khamenei himself.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
Would they give it to Mesbah Yazdi or Rafsanjani? I believe it will be Rafsanjani. US will also be hapier with him. If Khamenei Dies one of US's main problem with Iran has been solved. It is his line they don't like.
However there may be internal fight on who should get the power. Central government would be weak and riots may start.

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
Would they give it to Mesbah Yazdi or Rafsanjani? I believe it will be Rafsanjani. US will also be hapier with him. If Khamenei Dies one of US's main problem with Iran has been solved. It is his line they don't like.
However there may be internal fight on who should get the power. Central government would be weak and riots may start.
Don't forget Shahroudi, although I think he has the least chance. In any case, it doesn't matter who comes to power because there will be a internal conflict for sure which can lead to many things.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
I have been thinking about how US want to change the regime from within. This gives
a key. If Khamenie dies the rest of greedy mullahs will have to fight for the leader post.
US can easyly plan few terror inside Iran so it's own favourit man is the best nominate for the leader post.

Last edited:

world2005

Bench Warmer
Jan 5, 2005
nah baba bavar nakonin.... in bi pedar 30 sal dige omr mikone... mage chand sal sen dare ? 60? khob in chandta adam dige nakoshe baz ham zende hast

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
In hame taryak keshid ke omresh ziad beshe, koja bemire!

The next leader is most likely to be Shahroudi as the compromise deal. He has a foot in the conservative camp and although not the first choice for the moderate faction, they prefer him to someone like Mesbah Yazdi.
God help Iran and our ancient culture and our people, if Mesbah becomes the next leader. God help us.

As for Khamenei's death. I don't believe he is dead yet. The regime wouldn't keep it. He maybe gravely ill. No amount of taryak could save him from a serious illness though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.