Khamenei speaking Azeri!

raminio05

National Team Player
I thought everyone was laughing when Khamenei was reciting that poem, but then I realized what he was saying. A bunch of grown men in a circle crying. Oh, and btw, was that some plagarism on Ali's part on one of Ostad Shahriyars poems?

As for the Reza Pahlavi, I think hes speaking Istambuli torki ref jaan. We dont say "arkadash" in Azeri. But then again, I couldnt hear what he was saying very well.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
I thought everyone was laughing when Khamenei was reciting that poem, but then I realized what he was saying. A bunch of grown men in a circle crying. Oh, and btw, was that some plagarism on Ali's part on one of Ostad Shahriyars poems?
Have you heard that poem before from Shahriyar? I thought that was from a poet from Ardabil.

As for the Reza Pahlavi, I think hes speaking Istambuli torki ref jaan. We dont say "arkadash" in Azeri. But then again, I couldnt hear what he was saying very well.
The clip is not so clear but from what I understand, it is AtaTurk who uses arkadash and says something in lines of he was expecting to see his akadashlar earlier. Reza Shah, the guy in uniform, replies and to me he talks with an Azari, and not Persian, accent. Ata Turk also addresses Reza Shah as "Shah". Ata Turk's gestures and body movements are in a way as if Reza Shah is his superior... I might be wrong though...

raminio05

National Team Player
Have you heard that poem before from Shahriyar? I thought that was from a poet from Ardabil
No, it was an assumption based on Khameneis infatuation with Shahriyar.
The clip is not so clear but from what I understand, it is AtaTurk who uses arkadash and says something in lines of he was expecting to see his akadashlar earlier. Reza Shah, the guy in uniform, replies and to me he talks with an Azari, and not Persian, accent. Ata Turk also addresses Reza Shah as "Shah". Ata Turk's gestures and body movements are in a way as if Reza Shah is his superior... I might be wrong though
Yeah, I got the same feeling when I watched the video. He was kinda bowing down and avoiding eye contact. But then again, one thing that we can all agree on about Reza Shah is that where ever he went, his presence demanded respect.

reza+

Ball Boy
Feb 19, 2004
I wish khamenei spoke more torki azari... i've also heard he speaks excellent arabic (unlike for example rafsanjani etc) but i must say reza shah was majestic and came across very confident ... towering over ata turk... unlike his righoo son - mamad reza!!!

i only wish he (reza shah) was a lot more stubborn & gone ahead with creating a republic - "Republic of Iran" - back in the 1920s as was his initial intention.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
Reza Shah was an autocrat, Shah was a puppet and Khamenei is a representative of theocratic and tyrannic plutocracy.

None of them are good for the country. We need to move towards a true rule of "a fair and descent law" and a society full of respect to each other and tolerant of all DEGAR ANDISHI. Then no need to look for that one man miracle performer...

Mar 21, 2008
tiregan, pls translate into english
i actually mispelled the last part it should be dashakhamish.

it's something my grandmother said people used to say in iran, it's pretty bitarbiat but it basically translates as

reza shah is our shah, his "kiwi's" in his "rear end"..something like that.

Mar 21, 2008
It's definitely azari, even, mustafa kamal isn't up on his own language reforms as he says "shakhsan" which is ottoman as opposed to "shahsen" which is modern turkish.

raminio05

National Team Player
It's definitely azari, even, mustafa kamal isn't up on his own language reforms as he says "shakhsan" which is ottoman as opposed to "shahsen" which is modern turkish.
Interesting. But I was not really able to make our what Reza Shah said.

And lollllll at your quote. Reza Shah de shahimiz. Gotunah dashakhimiz.
Your grandma used to say this? loooooll