Kimbo Slice, street fighter and MMA pioneer, dies aged 42

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
MMA fighter dies after hospitalisation in Florida

MMA fighter Slice, real name Kevin Ferguson was admitted to hospital in Coral Springs Florida, with police reportedly asking his family for information after his admittance.

How exactly was he a MMA pioneer?

From what I recall the guy was a bouncer and a street fighter... he had his first official MMA fight sometime in 2007-2008......he was a flop and rarely fought.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
How exactly was he a MMA pioneer?

From what I recall the guy was a bouncer and a street fighter... he had his first official MMA fight sometime in 2007-2008......he was a flop and rarely fought.
@Intoxicated, people consider Kimbo Slice an MMA pioneer because he brought the street brawling element to the game. Kimbo started out as a street fighter, like you said and because of him a couple of guys are now pro fighters. Street fighting or backyard brawls are big because of this cat. Was he a monster in the UFC, NO because fighting at that level is different than fighting some homie off the street BUT he contributed in his own way. In any case 42 is young to die, this is sad. I watched his show when he put up street brawls. You can tell the dude was a good guy. Anyways, RIP