La Liga & All Spanish related Matches,Schedules , News, Transfers and Updates ( 2017-18 )

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Congrats to Messi for winning the league.

After next week, he should conserve his energies for the one thing owes the greatest player to ever play football.

Maradona never won the league with Napoli singlehandedly with 4 weeks to go.

He must be crazy if shows up 90 min against Madrid. there is nothing to play for and nothing to prove. a small incident can lead his last Worldcup to a disaster and hell with Golden boots and Pichchi, he got enough of them. I would rest and rest and rest. Maybe 15-20 min each game just to keep up with my shape

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2005
Maradona never won the league with Napoli singlehandedly with 4 weeks to go.
While I agree with LM being the greatest thing that ever happened to football I should say that Maradona won it with Napoli (compared to Milan, Inter, Juve and even Roma) a nothing team whereas Messi did it with Barcelona. I think what DM did with Napoli was a greater achievement. About WC I really hope Argentina can win it but I highly doubt it and it will be a shame that he won't have it in his impressive trophy cabinet.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
While I agree with LM being the greatest thing that ever happened to football I should say that Maradona won it with Napoli (compared to Milan, Inter, Juve and even Roma) a nothing team whereas Messi did it with Barcelona. I think what DM did with Napoli was a greater achievement. About WC I really hope Argentina can win it but I highly doubt it and it will be a shame that he won't have it in his impressive trophy cabinet.
Gol gofti ostad ! While Messi is a fantastic player, from another planet, still he needs a team like Barcelona to shine, while DM did it with Napoli!
I know some here think Barcelona is all about Messi, and he would win La Liga even if he was part of Kapoot Sazi Ghazvin .. but that is not the case ! you can see that by his performance in Argentina.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Gol gofti ostad ! While Messi is a fantastic player, from another planet, still he needs a team like Barcelona to shine, while DM did it with Napoli!
I know some here think Barcelona is all about Messi, and he would win La Liga even if he was part of Kapoot Sazi Ghazvin .. but that is not the case ! you can see that by his performance in Argentina.
But I still believe he is the best football player ever. Also we should consider times change and it is very difficult to compare players from different eras. God knows how Diego would do if he was playing his football now. Anyway we are lucky to have witnessed such amazing players from different eras entertaining billions.

Maradona played for barca for two season with no major trophies. and you are cpmparing Maradona's two league titles with Messi's 13 la liga and Champions league !???!!!! . Also in the NT , Maradona had one of the smartest Argies players of all time ....
Now havng said that, I say it for the 1000th times and with no offense to anyone , Comparing players is just stupid

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
It was Milan and Inter. Juve and Roma were nothing teams in Maradona's era. Juve had post Platini blues. Take Milan and Inter and add Madrid, Atletico and Sevilla who have been dominating European football over the past years. Messi still wins the league. The third best goalscorer at Barcelona this season is a player called "own goal", the fourth best is a flop from Tottenham who played in China.

Sorry, the truth is that Messi's performance this season is equally impressive to Maradona winning a title with Napoli. I have seen Barca play week in week out. Without Messi they would finish somewhere around 3rd-6th.

I will give you a suggestion to fix it: "Barcelona need Messi to play something resembling football"

Put him in any Serie A team this season not being Juve, from Napoli currently second to Fiorentina being 9th, and he would win the Scudetto. If your comparison is "Maradona won with Napoli", well, Messi would win it with Napoli as well. Just he would win it with 3 weeks to play.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Well since he’ll never leave Barcelona (kooftetoon besheh btw) we’ll never know.

My love and appreciation for him is at a level, where I wished he would leave and play 2-3 seasons for a team with the chance to win the Champions League or provide him with the right setup to dominate football for a couple more seasons. Not Barcelona.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Well since he’ll never leave Barcelona (kooftetoon besheh btw) we’ll never know.
We kind of know how he performs outside Barca though, no? He has been a great player with Argentina, but not even a shadow of he is with Barca which brings me to my point, He needs Barca as much as Barca needs him. Not the case with DM or even ZiZu

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
We kind of know how he performs outside Barca though, no? He has been a great player with Argentina, but not even a shadow of he is with Barca which brings me to my point, He needs Barca as much as Barca needs him. Not the case with DM or even ZiZu
LOL! How do you compare 6 weeks with the national team with a full season at a different club? France made it to the world cup final in 98 without Zidane even saying "Bonjour!" in any game. What's this crap with historic revisionism? What are you going to tell us next? That colonialism wasn't always bad?

Look, take any damn team in the world right now and replace their best attacker with Messi. Tell me then that that team wouldn't improve ten times over what they were before. Then we will talk about DM or Zidane having a similar effect. Or sell Messi and replace him with any 6 players in the world you like and tell me Barca will win anything at all.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Again I think in terms of one player being so influential in his team Diego stands higher but I would not compare everyday league/club competitions with 6-7 games NT tournaments (continental and WC)

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
LOL! How do you compare 6 weeks with the national team with a full season at a different club? France made it to the world cup final in 98 without Zidane even saying "Bonjour!" in any game. What's this crap with historic revisionism? What are you going to tell us next? That colonialism wasn't always bad?

Look, take any damn team in the world right now and replace their best attacker with Messi. Tell me then that that team wouldn't improve ten times over what they were before. Then we will talk about DM or Zidane having a similar effect. Or sell Messi and replace him with any 6 players in the world you like and tell me Barca will win anything at all.

Please we are talking Diego and Lionel here. Go back to your post and remove every reference to Zidane, bodo bodo!!!

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Again I think in terms of one player being so influential in his team Diego stands higher but I would not compare league/club competitions with NT ones (continental and WC)
which statistics?

Look, this is my last post here for a while because it's nauseating and this historic revisionism crap is kind of sad and boring too. So here is my last post and see you post world cup where Neymar and Brazil win it and morons will run around and say Neymar is more than some koskesh from Brazil:

There is lots of talk and what not about Messi for the national team vs. Zidane for the national team.

Fact is that France made it to WC 98 final without Zidane scoring in any game, missing 2 games at all and overall not being any influence.

Fact is also that Argentina needed Messi to score or assist until the quarterfinals in every game.
Fact is that Argentina was not good enough without Messi to make it out of a group featuring Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria.

These are facts. Whatever else you talk about is not reality.

Yes, Barcelona from 2008-2013 was more than Messi. From 2015-now they are Messi and 10 random players, sometimes better players, sometimes worse players.

Put Messi in any other team in the world and they will automatically challenge for either a league title or the Champions League. Any team bar Barcelona at least for CL.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
eWhen did I praise or even compare Zidane with LM? I even asked you to remove him from your post as he doesn't belong to show shining category when we talk about likes of Maradona and Messi. Neymar can win twice as many WC titles as Pele did and he still remains inferior to games greatest players. As for Maradona v. Messi I mainly find Maradona more willing and determined to win at any costs and maybe that's why he won the WC with Argentina. I think he would behead his own parents to win but Messi won't. Doesn't take anything away from Lionel. He is the best IMO. And yes any team in the world can lose two of his best players and get Messi and become 10 times better except United because Mo knows how to fuck/kill talents.