La Liga | Copa Del Rey & all Spanish related Matches,Schedules , News, Transfers and Updates ( 2018-19 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Atleti opened the week 4 with a tie at home with an equalizer in the 90+ minute

The Real leading Barca at Anoeta with a single goal.
Salam ostad. What’s up?
Saw only 30 mins of the 2nd half of Madrid game. Overall I don’t think the team is bad this year. I actually see better performance compared to last year at least So far.
I think the biggest problem as of now is the performance of modric. He seems to be playing at 50%. I hope it’s temporary.
We also need an addition of a world class defender.
Anyhow if we end up winning nothing this season and building a team for next season it won’t be a disaster.

Salam ostad. What’s up?
Saw only 30 mins of the 2nd half of Madrid game. Overall I don’t think the team is bad this year. I actually see better performance compared to last year at least So far.
I think the biggest problem as of now is the performance of modric. He seems to be playing at 50%. I hope it’s temporary.
We also need an addition of a world class defender.
Anyhow if we end up winning nothing this season and building a team for next season it won’t be a disaster.
.I didn't watch the whole game, just some highlights. It's ok, the team is adapting to play without CR but still missing something in the middle of the park.

don't forget Bilbao had three complete weeks of rest

Last edited:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Just saying last year with CR we tied both games vs Athletic. As i predicted , Barca has won the league so it doesnt matter, they might *not* play the best, but they have Fear Factor , teams just scared of them and they always seem to find a way to come back and win. as for Madrid, we played well today, Bale sub was a question, I would give few min to Mariano.

Last edited:
Just saying last year with CR we tied both games vs Athletic. As i predicted , Barca has won the league so it doesnt matter, they might *not* play the best, but they have Fear Factor , teams just scared of them and they always seem to find a way to come back and win. as for Madrid, we played well today, Bale sub was a question, I would give few min to Mariano.
It's not the matter of being scared, it's the matter of the way they play. it's possession vs Counter attacking football. having said that with Lope we do more possession than counter-attack but yet been able to do it perfectly like Barca do

I personally think Pique is a better defender than many people give him credit for. Ok he makes some rare mistakes but he makes up for it by scoring important goals or making big saves.
He doesn't make up for anything. Others make up for his fuck ups by scoring goals.

It's not just about him making mistakes (everyone does that). It's about the easiness with which he gets beaten by almost any attacker. It's about how nervous the team gets when opponents attack. He's truly not good enough. Never was, but at least there was hope he'd someday get better. Not the case anymore.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I personally think Pique is a better defender than many people give him credit for. Ok he makes some rare mistakes but he makes up for it by scoring important goals or making big saves.
It would help him if he would/could get a rest once in a while or if his partner in defense is not rotated too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.