La Liga | Copa Del Rey & all Spanish related Matches,Schedules , News, Transfers and Updates ( 2018-19 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Not too impressed by the game.
Yes yes, Bale sucks, so lets put that aside for now.
WTF is wrong with Modric? How many wrong passes? what is up with all those long range shots? same thing with Kroos !
I would bench Bale and start Vinni, I would also bench Karim and start Mariano (as soon as he is back) and forget about Marcello, what a player Reguilon is! I think he was MOM in my opinion, even-though i think they gave it to Ramos.

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Modric is a mystery but i felt today he was slightly better. Let’s hope he was just tired from WC and will be back to his normal self soon.
Both Reguilon and Zola were impressive. Vinni showed some good moves and that gives some glimpse of hope. We need to bench some so called stars until they wake up. As for Bale I don’t want to see him near the team again.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
FT :Rayo Vallecano 2 - 3 Barcelona
Rayo was up by a goal until min 87! then Brilliance from Suarez and Dembele won the game for Barca. Barca's PERFECT record continues without Messi.
So lucky. Both RM and Barca were lucky.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Modric is a mystery but i felt today he was slightly better. Let’s hope he was just tired from WC and will be back to his normal self soon.
Both Reguilon and Zola were impressive. Vinni showed some good moves and that gives some glimpse of hope. We need to bench some so called stars until they wake up. As for Bale I don’t want to see him near the team again.
He got slightly better towards the end (Modric) but overall just a different player compared to last year !

You guys realize Modric is almost 34 and he played his best football in the last 4 years, so it's normal to see him declining especially after losing the WC final. he got a lot of mileage on his legs.
The fans and club must look for his replacement rather than being worried about his performance. to me as a midfielder, he is almost done. time to move to states or China for another year or two and then retire

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
You guys realize Modric is almost 34 and he played his best football in the last 4 years, so it's normal to see him declining especially after losing the WC final. he got a lot of mileage on his legs.
The fans and club must look for his replacement rather than being worried about his performance. to me as a midfielder, he is almost done. time to move to states or China for another year or two and then retire
He turned 33 in Sept. so he is not almost 34! but I see your point and agree, However, players usually decline with a slope! they dont go fro 100 to 20 overnight! I feel he did !

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Yes Perez has everything planned and is working hard on that. He started by selling kovacic, similar to the plan of relplacibg Ronaldo.

As for Bale I don’t want to see him near the team again.

He was again singled out and booed by the fans ( which I am very against btw) but apart from Flo who wants him to start every match, apparently, he shines in training but then disappoints on the real ground. Never been a fan of him from day 1. A few times I thought I was wrong but then ..... I believe the only reason he hasn't and won't leave Madrid is his hefty wage as no one is going to match and pays the transfer fee at the same time. especially when he is going to be soon 30

Last edited:

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
@saeed agha question, do you think Real Madrid problem is solved if Solari bench Bale?
Of course not. The problem of the team is much deeper.. a strong bench and a good coach is the most important part of winning a league. Just look at the team two seasons ago when we won the league. Our bench was deep and of course we had Ronaldo, and the other stars were younger.
By benching Bale you could give chance to others (too bad we don’t have many quality forwrds) but I would still let other young players play on his account. Bring him as a sub once In a while. He was given many chances but he failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.