La Liga | Copa Del Rey & all Spanish related Matches,Schedules , News, Transfers and Updates ( 2018-19 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody plans to lose the away leg. They give some benched players a chance and usually the opponent is so crazily determined it ends up being a crappy day for Barca. It's what big clubs can sometimes afford to do. Very often it results in disaster.

Wrong. in that case they should hand the same players to start in the return leg. Check the record and you see what I mean.

anyways maybe not to lose but making things more exciting in the return leg

This is somewhat true in Spain, Amoo Messi is not as effective outiside Spain !
as i said before, for some reason, teams when they play Barca, they play to NOT LOSE, when they play Real, they play to WIN.

Barca's possession and passing system is specifically designed to wear the opponent down to the point of frustration and collapse. It works very well in a league format where the significance of bad-luck and shitty days is reduced to a minimum. Losing a couple of games or tying some will still yield Barca a 1st or 2nd place. It doesn't work very well in cups or champions league because even a single shitty game can cost Barca the entire cup.

Madrid's game is all about brute-force. It's a more honest style of football. They don't wear their opponent down. They simply overpower them with quality and accuracy. That's why they need extremely big stars and highly rated players in every single position. They can't afford to give players a chance to grow because their style of football is too vulnerable.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Levante to Lodge Complaint Over Barcelona Copa Selection

Levante president Quico Catalan has confirmed his club will lodge an official complaint to the Spanish Football Federation over their Copa del Rey tie with Barcelona, with reports suggesting the LaLiga champions fielded an ineligible player in the first leg.

Barca slipped to a surprise 2-1 loss in the first meeting last week, their first defeat in all competitions since a 4-3 reverse at home to Real Betis last November.

Ernesto Valverde named a much-changed line-up for that fixture, including selecting Chumi in his starting XI.

However, the Barcelona B defender was due to serve a suspension after picking up five bookings in the Segunda Division B.

The return leg was held at Camp Nou on Thursday and Catalan confirmed Levante will go the authorities and make a legal case over the matter, regardless of whether they advance or not.

"It is not an easy situation, us sporting people like to win on the pitch," Catalan said to reporters prior to kick-off.

"Whatever happens, Levante will go before the federation with this situation tomorrow (Friday).

"There will be a complaint if we do not qualify. And if we do, there will be a report to the federation to explain what has happened.

"We understand there is sufficient precedent which allows Levante to, unfortunately, go ahead to the Federation with these facts.

"Our legal department will keep working and will work all night to prepare the details of the statement we will send tomorrow. But we understand that we have the precedent and the solid foundations to do so."

Source: https://www.beinsports.com/us/copa-...to-lodge-complaint-over-barcelona-c-2/1087688

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
happened to us over cheryshev in 2015 , I guess the decision would eliminate Barca but there is a rule that you only have 48 hrs to file your complaint
I read somewhere that the other team never filed a complaint against Real in 2015. It was just that the Spanish FA decided to be a good citizen and volunteered to do the work! I am not sure though but I won’t be surprised.

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Correct, LaLiga just dismissed the case. Barca is good to progress.
I am surprised it was dismissed.. I expected more from a federation that is controlled by Madrid and every year hands in the league and Copa titles to Real !! 😉😉 Che ajab.

Now if Real was in the same situation we would never hear the end of the BS such as bribery, corruption, Perez, Franco... etc. from some Barca fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.