Legionnaires Thread 2013-2014

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Great day for our legionnaires today.

Danial Davari
- Started and man of match; clean sheet and had some excellent saves. His team beat third-place Bayer Leverkusen 1-0

Masoud Shojaei
- Started and had game winning assist for his team, gorgeous dribbled and pass to the goal scorer, goal scorer basically need to shoot it in; Las Palmas are in third place now (where in relegation zone before Shojaei started playing; he's been their man of the match for almost all the games he has played)

Askhan Dejagah
- Started today vs. Manchester United; had a couple nice sequences; first game back from injury at Fulham

Alireza Jahanbaksh
- Was substituted in at beginning of second half (46') vs. second-place FC Twente; his team was down 2-0 at half-time and scored two with Alireza on the pitch to tie it up; Alireza assisted the assister of the second goal with quick-thinking through-pass; played well, pressured and worked hard; was a striker. Important tie for N.E.C who has been playing better recently; Alireza was the striker.

[video=youtube;QsiNsHb0fZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QsiNsHb0fZQ[/video]

Reza Ghoochannejhad
Started, subbed off close to 60th minute. Scored on Thursday, played very nice one touch football. First league game, first goal.

Reza's goal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoRnaoFrmOI

Last edited:

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Sardard Azmoun
Came on in the 70th minute in Rubin Kazan's league game vs. Rostov. He played well, also hit the side netting.

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Thank you! I just wish ISP would either remove the front page completely or just update the darn thing. PLEASE!!! I know it takes time to update either do it or just simply remove it and just leave the forums. It looks unprofessional when the news on the front page is a couple of weeks old..:(

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Great thread! Thanks for the updates! :)

Is there any video with highlights on Jahanbakhsh's game?

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Good thread :)
didn't watch Jahanbakhsh play because PSV was playing at the same time, but seems he did well. I'll try and watch a replay of the match and will post a full report either here or in the Eredivisie thread.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Highlights from Las Palmas game. Masoud's gorgeous assist can be seen, as well as his other highlights:

[video=youtube;8Yfaixf2esc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8Yfaixf2esc[/video]

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Silver doing a good job here. i suggest that we start assigning taglines to members.and i suggest Gold for Silverton.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Agha Fariborz unless Carlos Tevez and Ryan Giggs did TAGHEER MELLIAT to Irooni, I think you are posting in the wrong thread. If so let me know and I will remove them.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Agha Fariborz unless Carlos Tevez and Ryan Giggs did TAGHEER MELLIAT to Irooni, I think you are posting in the wrong thread. If so let me know and I will remove them.

Tevez playing behind Reza Mashadi & Giggs on the left flank would be fine. :)

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Daniel-Davari-Italian-Flag-300x225.jpg

Post -Match comments by Torsten Lieberknecht (Braunschweig coach):

"The strong Keeper Daniel Davari (image Note 2), which had an important shot blocked shortly before the end saved the victory against Leverkusen. Coach Torsten Lieberknecht: "Davari has kept today us in the game. But the victory was deserved, we have been rewarded.""

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
I woke up today to watch a scheduled replay of the Twente-NEC game, but instead found that they were showing something else instead. So I didn't manage to see how Jahanbakhsh played, but apparently he worked really hard and was an asset to the team in the 2nd half. And the fact that his playing time keeps growing more (this was the first time he was subbed in at the half) is a good sign, he could be moving towards a chance as a starter. Well done to him, hopefully he can keep it up.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Beitashour's contract with San Jose Earthquakes has actually ran out, he is currently a free agent. I was reading that their fans are actually worried he might leave as there has been no talks of a contract extension, because Steven is looking for a move out of MLS and to Europe. With Scandanavian leagues being a likely destination.

I think moving to Europe should definitely be a priority for Steven, playing in MLS does not help his International career (travelling/game scheduling wise) and i think he knows it too.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Eintracht Braunschweig vs Hannover 96 is scheduled to kick off in a few minutes.

Live on BT Sport 2 HD , EuroSport 2 HD , Sky Bundesliga 1 HD & a host of other TV outlets.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Eintracht Braunschweig vs Hannover 96 has started.

Davari is in between the posts for Braunschweig.