Legionnaires thread 2017-18, News, Updates, Live Reports

bardia

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Sardar's case is kind of 50/50. In one year he sees bigger opportunities to signing with top clubs after world cup as all the top soccer agents watching closely for catch.. , specially with scoring couple of goals in world cup he could easily add 5 to 10 million more than what Lazio offers now to his contract....

Feb 4, 2005
Sardar's case is kind of 50/50. In one year he sees bigger opportunities to signing with top clubs after world cup as all the top soccer agents watching closely for catch.. , specially with scoring couple of goals in world cup he could easily add 5 to 10 million more than what Lazio offers now to his contract....
I disagree. TM and CQ style of football in a competition like WC with big teams facing Iran will result in a 3-4 goals scored by our team (and that is being optimistic). It won't be the best place for any Iranian striker to show the world what he can do. He would have shown himself better in Italy (given enough playing time) in a season than in Russian League and a 3-game WC (I hope we'll make it to next round but ...)

bardia

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
I disagree. TM and CQ style of football in a competition like WC with big teams facing Iran will result in a 3-4 goals scored by our team (and that is being optimistic). It won't be the best place for any Iranian striker to show the world what he can do. He would have shown himself better in Italy (given enough playing time) in a season than in Russian League and a 3-game WC (I hope we'll make it to next round but ...)

I only thought this could be one the reasons for his decision!!! ( I might be completely wrong)?? btw, the importance of scoring in world cup even 1 or 2 are miles ahead of scoring bunch for Rubin kazan.. Even Lazio official mentioned that Sardar scoring against Bayern and Athletico was the main reason that interested us and we watched him more closely. Regardless I wish him and Team Melli the best in WC.

Feb 4, 2005
I only thought this could be one the reasons for his decision!!! ( I might be completely wrong)?? btw, the importance of scoring in world cup even 1 or 2 are miles ahead of scoring bunch for Rubin kazan.. Even Lazio official mentioned that Sardar scoring against Bayern and Athletico was the main reason that interested us and we watched him more closely. Regardless I wish him and Team Melli the best in WC.
I understand the importance of scoring in WC or CL. But realistically we'll get to play 3 (maybe 4) games. And we already know that CQ won't go with a style of play that creates 3-4 scoring chances in any games (let alone against big teams). I think our defensive players will have a better shot of landing European contracts more than our strikers. Bottom line is that he is very talented and has had enough of Russian League. I hope he moves on to a better team/league.

Nov 24, 2002
We all love to see him in better league but i doubt the kid is still mentality ready, what make people think he would be starter in Lazio? I kind of understand his decision, it is WC year and he needs playing time, specially with crazy competition upfront: Gucci, Karimi, Kaveh, Taremi, add to that Sasan Ansari, few other IPL forwards and possibly Saman Ghoddos. In other hand he is not playing in CL or Europa League this year as part of Kazan, so he is losing the chance to attract the attention of scouts, and as Nader said with CQ system, i doubt we score more than 2 or 3 goals at best next year.

He is still very young(22) but he needs to make his mind after WC, the only concern is will he still have some tempting offers or not?!

Nov 24, 2002
I don't get why they don't sit and talk about his possible role in Lazio, and what they are expecting from him this season? Will he get some decent amount of playing time? These are the things you can discuss prior to signing a deal, i mean at the end no one can guaranty anything regarding playing time and performance dictate but they can get a good idea what Lazio expectation from him in short term at least.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^Exactly! Agree!

I remember Ali Karimi (the senior) had a playing time clause in his contract with Bayern Munich. Azmoun could do the same to ensure his playing time at Lazio!

Playing in Lazio and then scoring in the WC would attract bigger/better offers then if he played in Rubin and scored in the WC!

I'm with PI on this one.

Oct 1, 2004
If the 15 Million offer is true, I really don't know why Rubin wouldn't sell him.
Azmoun is a young, non-EU player - who is still a work in progress.
Do they think they can get much more for him? The only other league that would pay that kind of money for him is China, and their transfer window is closed.

Also if they pay that kind of money for him - they expect him to start - and to score right away.

Feb 4, 2005
He missed the boat to join a better league. He had a fantastic season, playing and scoring against giants in CL. He will not have a better/bigger exposure this year.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^He can still join them though? The transfer window is not closed yet!

It's all about money I guess and how badly Lazio insist.