Legionnaires thread 2017-18, News, Updates, Live Reports

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Either Azmoun is one unlucky son of a bitch or he's got the shittiest people/agents around him.

This guy should easily be on the list of most low-mid-table Bundesliga teams and some lower-ranked EPL teams. He should have many more offers than this.

He's not the biggest talent around, but he's a good addition to any mid-table team short on strikers. That's exactly what a 22 year old Asian striker is for. An addition to an already strong squad.

Oct 1, 2004
Either Azmoun is one unlucky son of a bitch or he's got the shittiest people/agents around him.

This guy should easily be on the list of most low-mid-table Bundesliga teams and some lower-ranked EPL teams. He should have many more offers than this.

He's not the biggest talent around, but he's a good addition to any mid-table team short on strikers. That's exactly what a 22 year old Asian striker is for. An addition to an already strong squad.
He's about as good of a prospect you will get from Asia.

Tried and tested in a physical, cold league with harsh defensive teams.
Tried and tested in Champions League.
Great in the air, good tenacity and speed. His weakness is obviously his fitness.
Young and still moldable to the desired system.

I feel like his agent(s) have a huge supporting staff and they will milk badbakht Azmoun for all he's worth. They could care less if he goes to Real Madrid or Kuwait so long as they're eating Shishlik.

Nov 24, 2002
Lots of shit can happen during a career, who knows what happen to him next year? Injury, lots of other things, Lazio is perfect offer for him, not a top 5-6 world club but not a small club either, as Fatso said if he already managed to survive in a defensive system of Russian football so i am pretty sure he will do Ok in Serie A as well, if Luca Toni at 37 shined there(similar style with Azmoun being much much better on the ground), i wonder why Azmoun can't.

This is indeed frustrating time for fans, i don't get Kazan, if the deal is really for one year(some suggests is 3 though), then they want lose him for nothing??!

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
New updated facts about Azmouns contract.
Kazan have paid rostov 11 mill Euros for Azmoun.
Kazan have signed a 3 years deal with Azmoun.
Kazan wants minimum 18 mill for Azmoun from Lazio.
Lazio's first offer is 15 + 3 mill to Kazan and 3 mill Euro pr year to Azmoun.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Kazan refuses Lazio's 15 mill + 3 mill offer.

It seems like Azmouns Italian adveture is already dead.
He is happy with his 3 year (3 mill euro pr year salary) contract in Kazan.
Now he is hoping to be "exposed" by playing midtable russian league and he can hope for 3 World Cup matches.

Terekmoon be un maghzet pesar...

Nov 24, 2002
Kazan refuses Lazio's 15 mill + 3 mill offer.

It seems like Azmouns Italian adveture is already dead.
He is happy with his 3 year (3 mill euro pr year salary) contract in Kazan.
Now he is hoping to be "exposed" by playing midtable russian league and he can hope for 3 World Cup matches.

Terekmoon be un maghzet pesar...
I see another Ali Karimi case here, he will most likely stay in Russia up to 25-26, spend one or two years in a top 4 league and head back to China, Iran, Qatar or maybe even Russia in late 20s!

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I see another Ali Karimi case here, he will most likely stay in Russia up to 25-26, spend one or two years in a top 4 league and head back to China, Iran, Qatar or maybe even Russia in late 20s!
That's being optimistic. Azmoun doesn't really have a brilliant scoring record in Russia, and he's not going to take the league by storm in the next few years. I see him jumping between Russia, Greece, Turkey, UAE, Qatar and Iran.

Even a goal during World Cup will not help his cause much. There have been many world-cup scorers who saw absolutely no increase in their value.

His only saving grace can be scoring against Asian opponents for Team Melli. If he continues doing that, he might be able to break free of this swamp he's in.

Oct 1, 2004

Again it goes to show you what a determined and well advised player Ali Daei was.
He made it to Europe with everything against him when he was 28! He moved to Bayern at age 29.

Whereas a young player like Azmoun is already stagnating in Russia.

Nov 24, 2002
Again it goes to show you what a determined and well advised player Ali Daei was.
He made it to Europe with everything against him when he was 28! He moved to Bayern at age 29.

Whereas a young player like Azmoun is already stagnating in Russia.
We had quite few players like this, Hashemian was another one, no one gave him a chance, when he joined Hamburg people said? Who? Hashemian? Base on couple goals vs Kazakhstan only? and when he kind of failed he Hambrug, everyone expected him to head back to Iran.

Nov 24, 2002
Masoud and Ehsan will play against Slovenian side in return leg of Europa League qualification,they will most likely qualify with 2-0 win at home already, there is a big chance their next opponent will be Maccabi Tel Aviv, they already announced they won't travel to Israel in such a case, but will be interesting to see if they play home match or not. I guess Minavand was last Iranian who played vs Israeli club back to 16-17 years a go!

Nov 24, 2002
Ghoddos won a penalty for Ostersunds, and it is 1-0 now, it is pretty much over for Gala. Call this guy up in last two qualification matches and seal him for TM in official match.