Legionnaires thread 2017-18, News, Updates, Live Reports

Nov 24, 2002
Pretty much everyone dominating their leagues, except Sardar, Gucci and Rezaeian who struggled in the first half of the season. My only worry is Sardar, as Ghafouri playing some good football as RB with Esteghlal lately, so the RB should be less cocnern with Rezaeian not playing much.

Nov 24, 2002
Masoud almost joined AEK, very good move, considering his age. They are traditionally top 3 Greece League team, and right now they are 2nd.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Pretty much everyone dominating their leagues, except Sardar, Gucci and Rezaeian who struggled in the first half of the season. My only worry is Sardar, as Ghafouri playing some good football as RB with Esteghlal lately, so the RB should be less cocnern with Rezaeian not playing much.
Well, you should not really be concerned about Sardar either as both Ansarifard and Kaveh Rezaei play the best football of their careers right now. The only reason you get concerned is because CQ seems to prefer Azmoun as a starter above everyone else at all times.

Having said that, he's started to play much better recently and scored a goal. Hopefully he'll be his old self in the second half of the season.

Nov 24, 2002
Well, you should not really be concerned about Sardar either as both Ansarifard and Kaveh Rezaei play the best football of their careers right now. The only reason you get concerned is because CQ seems to prefer Azmoun as a starter above everyone else at all times.

Having said that, he's started to play much better recently and scored a goal. Hopefully he'll be his old self in the second half of the season.
True, but i consider Sardar a much better striker and more talented than everyone we have, so if he bounces back it will be the big plus.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
True, but i consider Sardar a much better striker and more talented than everyone we have, so if he bounces back it will be the big plus.
Most definitely!

By the way, I forgot to mention Taremi as well. God, we have so many good and in form forwards/strikers at the moment! How will Gucci manage to bounce back?! The other IPL forwards should not only forget about a chance to get invited to TM before the WC, they should also forget about it a good while to come.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Damesh garm!!! I can not believe we have 2 players in a team like Olympiacos. Greek league aside, Olympiacos is a very good team!!! I just hope he'll get playing time too.

BTW, I like to see that Haji Safi's surname is spelled correctly in the article! ;)

Nov 24, 2002
Masoud to AEK a done deal, 6 months agreement, best possible scenario for him, i highly doubt CQ ignore him now, AEK are playing in Europa league and qualified from their group.

Nov 24, 2002
Ironically the guy had a much longer European career than someone who played in same position as him in TM(Ali Karimi), who was much more talented also :)

[video=youtube;rQQXQBqe1Og]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQQXQBqe1Og[/video]

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
6 months at AEK is great for his age and right before the WC! Hopefully he can get lots of playing time and can also extent his contract.

Let's see what happens. CQ is not a coach who would risk turmoil in and around TM, specially months before the WC!

Nov 24, 2002
ن همیشه خودم را یک قهرمان تصور می***کردم و برای همین اینجا هستم. تیم الان در سه جبهه یعنی لیگ اروپا، لیگ یونان و جام حذفی رقابت می***کند و من اینجا هستم تا به تیم کمک کنم تا به قهرمانی در لیگ یونان برسد. من مطمئنم که در پایان فصل به قهرمانی می***رسیم. خیلی خوشحالم که در آ.آ.ک آتن هستم. این تیم یکی از بزرگ***ترین باشگاه***هایی است که من تا به حال در آن بودم. البته من در اوساسونا در لالیگا بازی کردم. لیگی که من آن را بهترین لیگ جهان می دانم. اما آ.آ.ک آتن یکی از بهترین باشگاه***های یونان است.

شجاعی در پاسخ به این سوال که چقدر زمان می***برد با تیم هماهنگ شود گفت: فکر نمی***کنم به زمان نیاز داشته باشم تا هماهنگ شوم. فقط می***خواهم با هم***تیمی***های جدیدم آشنا شوم و خواسته***های سرمربی را اجرا کنم. من فوتبالیست باتجربه***ای هستم و برای من این طور نیست که زمان ببرد تا به چیزی عادت کنم. مربی باید در مورد من تصمیم بگیرد. من از همین فردا آماده تمرین کردن با تیم هستم. شناخت نسبی هم از هم***تیمی***هایم دارم.

مسعود شجاعی چند وقتی است به تیم ملی فوتبال ایران دعوت نمی شود. شاید این انتقال به او کمک کند تا کاپیتان سابق ایران بار دیگر از سوی کی***روش به تیم ملی دعوت شود.

این بازیکن ایرانی در پایان درباره این موضوع گفت: من امیدوارم سوء تفاهمی که بین من و فدراسیون فوتبال ایجاد شده، حل شود و من بتوانم به تیم ملی ایران دعوت شوم و بتوانم در جام جهانی بازی کنم. من الان در شرایط بسیار خوبی قرار دارم و مربی تیم ملی را هم 5 سال است که می***شناسم. هم از نظر فیزیکی و هم از نظر روحی در شرایط بسیار خوبی هستم و می***توانم به تیم کمک کنم.
ترجمه از ايسنا

His interview in Spanish:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdQpQuPnSi9/?taken-by=iranianlegioner

Aug 21, 2005
next door
I suspect all three of them will do just fine in Greek league. they have already proven that they are mature and professional. i wish other IPL players would stop being a wuss and move to europe. we can easily have another 5-8 players in european leagues.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
This only shows when/if you really want it, you can go to European first division teams. The WC set fire under everyone's a$$es. I don't know why this doesn't happen all the times.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
This only shows when/if you really want it, you can go to European first division teams. The WC set fire under everyone's a$$es. I don't know why this doesn't happen all the times.
I don't think it has anything to do with us qualifying for the WC. Its Queiroz, he has actually managed to change the mindset of most our players who wish to actually break into TM to seek opportunities in Europe rather then Persian Gulf Leagues.

I mean, look at Noorafkan/Alipour etc just recent examples. 6-7 years ago these players would have already transferred to UAE/Qatar with their performances. Instead, both of them are pushing for moves to Europe. Noorafkan got interest from Belgium & Alipour from Russia/Switzerland.

If this trend continues and our players currently in Europe continue to shine and do well, i don't think it will be long until we have 20-30 European based players. Playing in the World Cup will help this cause also.

The target should now be to have as many of the currently younger established players such as Alireza, Milad, Kaveh, Azmoun, Ezatolahi, Saman etc joining either top 4 league clubs or CL participating clubs and keep moving up.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I don't think it has anything to do with us qualifying for the WC. Its Queiroz, he has actually managed to change the mindset of most our players who wish to actually break into TM to seek opportunities in Europe rather then Persian Gulf Leagues.

I mean, look at Noorafkan/Alipour etc just recent examples. 6-7 years ago these players would have already transferred to UAE/Qatar with their performances. Instead, both of them are pushing for moves to Europe. Noorafkan got interest from Belgium & Alipour from Russia/Switzerland.

If this trend continues and our players currently in Europe continue to shine and do well, i don't think it will be long until we have 20-30 European based players. Playing in the World Cup will help this cause also.

The target should now be to have as many of the currently younger established players such as Alireza, Milad, Kaveh, Azmoun, Ezatolahi, Saman etc joining either top 4 league clubs or CL participating clubs and keep moving up.
True but CQ aside, just look at how many European based players we had 3 years ago compared to now. Ramin Rezaeian, Kaveh Rezaei, Sosha Makani (now back to Iran), Payam Sadeghian, Ehsan Haji Safi, etc. would have not gone to Europe if it wasn't for the chance of playing in the WC! Many of them were regularly part of TM already, making more money in Iran than in their respective club in Europe. Going to Europe and succeed there would seal their spot in TM ahead of the WC.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Ahmad Abdollahzadeh + Mehdi Taremi seemingly are both on the radar of Panionios for this winter window. Apparently Abdollahzadeh is seeking a move away from Foolad leading up to the World Cup to ensure his position in the squad heading to Russia. PAOK are still interested in Taremi.

Also, Panionios manager has come out and said that they did not want to sell Hajsafi, but they were forced into a sale due to transfer fee that was offered by Olympiacos and the fact that the player himself also expressed interest to leave and join the Greek giants following Masoud's departure.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I really hope Abdollahzadeh goes there! He was great in the game he played in TM. After Ezzatollahi, he's got the best potential for the DM position before anyone else IMO.