Legionnaires thread 2017-18, News, Updates, Live Reports

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
JB just scored his second Hattrick in the space of a few weeks. Top scorer with 21 goals and he’s not even a striker lol Just Incredible, I bet if he was a black player from west Africa he would join an EPL Club for +£40m but he’s Iranian thus he won’t be noticed or taken seriously. Fact

74334C81-C691-4CC4-B613-53DA06F62938.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
What the fuck is the problem with that idiot wout weghorst, he several times and deliberately avoided to pass the ball to JB during this last match .
At one point, he even started to mouth and waved angry at JB because he took the opportunity on target...Little fucking bitch!
Hope JB leave this retarded division-II-soccer league as soon as possible!

At the end of the game he had some jiggling with fans!

Last edited:

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
He might even win the MVP, no?
He should be I guess with being best scorer and among the top for most assists.

Is he the first Iranian to reach top scorer in a European league?
Too bad this year Karim and Kaveh, and last year Gucci came just a little short to grab that title.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
What Jahanbakhsh has done this season, as a winger, is so incredible! I just hope he's consistent.

It's so funny.... when you see him with the ball, his style and the way he does simple things, you don't really expect anything special comes out of it. But suddenly he scores a super goal from behind the 18 box. :D Add to that his physical appearance and you really don't expect that this little guy would top the scoring charts in a European country, let alone as a winger! :)

I just hope he wont be a failure in a better league and against better/more physical defenders.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005

Too bad this year Karim and Kaveh, and last year Gucci came just a little short to grab that title.
Yes he is the first. Was Kia ever named player of the year in Bundesliga?

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK

I remember Vahid Hashemian scoring 17 goals in one season for Bochum in the bundesliga 1 more than Berbatov who at the time played for Leverkusen I think Roy Makaay finished top scorer that season.

No Iranian has ever scored 20 or more in a top European league. Ali Daei only scored 7 goals for Bayern Munich and 6 for Armenia Bielefeld in the previous season. Just shows how well JB has done.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Ali Daei only scored 7 goals for Bayern Munich and 6 for Armenia Bielefeld in the previous season. Just shows how well JB has done.
Na, it's not fair to compare Daei in this context. At that time, Asian games were not scheduled during the same time as today's Fifa dates. Ali Daei had to skip training with his clubs to go for TM duties. Missing training days lead to not getting much playing time and as a result not many goals scored. Asia got in sync with Europe long after Daei was playing in Europe.

If Daei in his top form played with today's schedules, I'm sure he would have broken many records.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
JB just scored his second Hattrick in the space of a few weeks. Top scorer with 21 goals and he’s not even a striker lol Just Incredible, I bet if he was a black player from west Africa he would join an EPL Club for +£40m but he’s Iranian thus he won’t be noticed or taken seriously.
And there's a good reason for that. Chances of him staying fit, progressing and playing at EPL level are very slim. Scouts and agents know this. They do speculate on players to a degree, but Middle Eastern players are absolutely horrible to speculate on. No decent record by any of them (except Mahdavikia who was a total one-off)

As I said a couple of years ago, this guy is the only Iranian player with half a brain. His footballing IQ is way above anything we've seen from Iranian players for a long time. He should indeed play for a better team. Normally you'd think the coming up World Cup would be a huge stepping stone for him, but judging by his previous games for Iran, I'd say it may work against him!

Nov 29, 2002
He has to move before the world cup because CQ's compact iran system doesn't suit him and he looks out-of-place.

Also agree that even though JB has a formidable record and is our first player to top the goalscorer charts in a decent european league, no player yet has come close to Mahdavikia's achievements at Hamburg.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Na, it's not fair to compare Daei in this context. At that time, Asian games were not scheduled during the same time as today's Fifa dates. Ali Daei had to skip training with his clubs to go for TM duties. Missing training days lead to not getting much playing time and as a result not many goals scored. Asia got in sync with Europe long after Daei was playing in Europe.

If Daei in his top form played with today's schedules, I'm sure he would have broken many records.
Good points.
In addition, comparing stats on players playing at two different levels, like Eredivisie and Bundesliga, is not straight forward. After all, we know defending is not generaly a strong point of a typical Dutch club, and those doing great at Eredivisie would like to graduate and transfer to higher leagues like German and English leagues.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
And there's a good reason for that. Chances of him staying fit, progressing and playing at EPL level are very slim. Scouts and agents know this. They do speculate on players to a degree, but Middle Eastern players are absolutely horrible to speculate on. No decent record by any of them (except Mahdavikia who was a total one-off)

As I said a couple of years ago, this guy is the only Iranian player with half a brain. His footballing IQ is way above anything we've seen from Iranian players for a long time. He should indeed play for a better team. Normally you'd think the coming up World Cup would be a huge stepping stone for him, but judging by his previous games for Iran, I'd say it may work against him!
When you say “ Middle Eastern players “are you talking race wise Geographic wise?

Salah is from Egypt which is located in Middle East, so are most Anatolian Turks who play in Europe(99% of Turkey is in Middle East. DNA wise Iranians (specially Northern ones) are closer to Anatolians than lazy southern Arabs who are mainly belong to J1 Haplogroup.

I agree with you regarding Mahdavikia who’s the best and most consistent Iranian player ever. A complete player with devastating speed, High IQ and strong physique.