Legionnaires thread 2018-19, News, Updates, Live Reports

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
The Russian teams are destroying our players!!! let him goooo

11.42 GMT: Sardar "Iranian Messi" Azmoun was being linked with a move from Rubin Kazan to Wolves. But Sky report that deal is no more.

Reporter Rob Dorsett tweeted: "Sardar Azmoun deal to #wwfc is dead. Rubin Kazan and Wolves agreed £1.75m loan fee AND a £11.5m transfer fee.. But Kazan want it as an OBLIGATION to buy in the summer, Wolves will only agree to OPTION to buy. Player is still in Russia, so Wolves had no chance to do full medical."

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark

11.42 GMT: Sardar "Iranian Messi" Azmoun was being linked with a move from Rubin Kazan to Wolves. But Sky report that deal is no more.

Reporter Rob Dorsett tweeted: "Sardar Azmoun deal to #wwfc is dead. Rubin Kazan and Wolves agreed £1.75m loan fee AND a £11.5m transfer fee.. But Kazan want it as an OBLIGATION to buy in the summer, Wolves will only agree to OPTION to buy. Player is still in Russia, so Wolves had no chance to do full medical."
Wolves kheili moft khori mikhastan bekonan.
Most likely he will end in Zenit, for 12 mill Euro, so he can be listed for next Euro League match, feb 12th vs Fenerbahce

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Sardar Azmoun signs wih Zenit.
Contract: until July 2022 (3,5 years)
Price: Zenit paid 12 mill Euro to Kazan
Salary: Zenit will pay 10 mill Euro to Sardar during these 3,5 years

Pros:
Zenits forward was in a fight and he is in jail, so Sardar will get lot of playing time.
Zenit are in Euro League and must play Fenerbahce in couple of days.
Zenit is the biggest shopping window of russia. They buys players for 10 mill, and if they shine, Zent sell them for 40-50 mill to big EU clubs.

Cons: Durng Euro League, Zenit may play with only 3 players who are non russian / non EU and they have 4.
Rakitsky (DF-UKR), Barrios (MF-COL), Noboa (MF-ECU), Azmoun (FW-IRN).But Noboa (who also was Sardars team mate in Kazan / rostov) is injured and is not expected to return before midt april.

Here is Zenits official site welcoming Sardar

https://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/2019-02-01-serdar-azmun-perekhodit-v-zenit-.htm

Feb 4, 2005
Brighton beat Derby 2-1 and advance to quarterfinals as AJ played 90 minutes. Derby’s goal was scored by Ashley Cole. Thought he retired but still going strong at 40!

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
What exactly are they doing to destroy "our" players? without Rubin, this guy would play somewhere in torkaman sahra or end up in that lousy PGL. He at least got the opportunity to learn a few things about real football in a real football club. Baba these guys should be happy and thankful to get out and play in the second hungarian league instead of in IR Iran let alone in the russian premier league. I mean the best of them are still nothing more than subs in european clubs but they should be thankful for any role on any european roster.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
What exactly are they doing to destroy "our" players? without Rubin, this guy would play somewhere in torkaman sahra or end up in that lousy PGL. He at least got the opportunity to learn a few things about real football in a real football club. Baba these guys should be happy and thankful to get out and play in the second hungarian league instead of in IR Iran let alone in the russian premier league. I mean the best of them are still nothing more than subs in european clubs but they should be thankful for any role on any european roster.
dude what are you talking about, Sardar is just too lazy and wants money. I rather see him play in Midtable team in Seria A or La Liga than crappy Russian league. he is wasting his career there.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
dude what are you talking about, Sardar is just too lazy and wants money. I rather see him play in Midtable team in Seria A or La Liga than crappy Russian league. he is wasting his career there.
"dude" being lazy is part of the things that keep people down. It doesnt excuse anything. He is there where he belongs to. To me he is actually playing in a league where he is not up its highest level. you will see him being benched most of the times in Zenith.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Since when the Russians know how to play football?

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Has he improved at all since he started to play in Russian league??? So far he has wasted 3 yeara of his career.
Whos fault is this? His own because he is a lazy ass, not being that talented as iranians tend to believe or everybody else is at fault for no valid reason? I guess the latter because there is always the others who ruin world star caliber iranian talents, the others are always at fault by default

Feb 4, 2005
Has he improved at all since he started to play in Russian league??? So far he has wasted 3 yeara of his career.
100% his fault. He was on top of his game about 2 years ago and apparently had a solid offer from Lazio but decided to stay there. I think he is bache naneh and will continue playing there or leagues at that level ir worse forever.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Now that you say it....yeah, russians should come to IR league and learn how to play football from your IR players
How soon we get satisfied with mediocrity! Ask any person in the world about the Russian leagues and they say it sucks. Try to aim higher in life dude!