Legionnaires thread 2019-2020, News, Updates, Live Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-Sadio-Mane-Marco-Asensio-Jurgen-Klopp-Latest

Liverpool are monitoring Zenit St Petersburg’s Sardar Azmoun

Liverpool scouting mission
Liverpool are monitoring Zenit St Petersburg’s Sardar Azmoun.

Russian outlet Soviet Sport claims that members of the Reds’ scouting department were in attendance as Azmoun’s Zenit St Petersburg faced Lokomotiv Moscow at the VTB Arena in Moscow.

Reigning champions Zenit were defeated 3-2 but Azmoun scored two goals either side of half-time.

The 24-year-old only joined the Gazprom-owned outfit back in February for a fee of around £10.5million, having neared a loan move to Wolves in January which fell through on deadline day.

Iran international Azmoun, formerly nicknamed ‘The Iranian Messi’, has long been tipped for a move to Europe with Liverpool credited with interest in the player since 2016.

Last edited:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
rez.jpg

Reza Shekari has joined Teractor sazi from Rubin Kazan. What a terrible move.
Can't understand why this young talented prospect would come back to shitty IPL.

Last edited:

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
ay baba, come on.. go any where beside that shit team called liverfool!
I don't know how he might get more playing time compared to 2017 where it says he declined for the same reason. With those three up front in Liverpool he will at most get a few games in Cup competitions.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Reza Shekari has signed a 5 year deal with Tiractor Sazi because ''Mr Zonouzi is a good man'' and he wants to join a European Club
in a future, I dont understand Why he's signed a 5 year deal with an IPL club?
I wonder who is advising this guy.

https://tamasha.com/v/5RwO2

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I don't know how he might get more playing time compared to 2017 where it says he declined for the same reason. With those three up front in Liverpool he will at most get a few games in Cup competitions.
Well there is a catch. If you look at the bottom of the article, it says:

This story has been reproduced from the media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
2nd goal WORLD Class goal, off the top of my head he scored a similar one for TM recently.
Nice turn before the goal but he would have never been able to score that goal in a stronger league, against big teams. He spent way too much time to shoot that ball.

He needs to react faster.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Nice turn before the goal but he would have never been able to score that goal in a stronger league, against big teams. He spent way too much time to shoot that ball.

He needs to react faster.
Lets face it Lokomotive Moscow are no pub team actually they were Russian Champs couple of years ago and participated in the 2018-2019 Champions league and I'm pretty sure they are slightly better than Weak EPL teams like Burnley and Southampton :)

Lets not forget as a Rostov player Azmoun scored goals against Bayern Munich, Ajax & Athletico Madrid in Champions league few years ago. The guy is a proven goal scorer at top level. :)

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Lets not forget as a Rostov player Azmoun scored goals against Bayern Munich, Ajax & Athletico Madrid in Champions league few years ago. The guy is a proven goal scorer at top level. :)
Sure, but I was talking about this particular goal. World class means he could score that goal against any team. I doubt if he would have still been standing after receiving that ball if he was playing against the likes of Liverpool, Man U, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, etc, let alone spending seconds to shoot it in.

Having said that, it's a great goal nevertheless. Specially against Lokomotiv. No bad at all. I'm not gonna take that away from him.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Sure, but I was talking about this particular goal. World class means he could score that goal against any team. I doubt if he would have still been standing after receiving that ball if he was playing against the likes of Liverpool, Man U, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, etc, let alone spending seconds to shoot it in.

Having said that, it's a great goal nevertheless. Specially against Lokomotiv. No bad at all. I'm not gonna take that away from him.
Check out his goals against Bayern, Ajax and Ath.Madrid in 2016-2017 Champions league

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
No easy tap ins :)

Right now he's a more matured and experienced player in his peak, imo he should stay at Zenit St petersburg and show how good he is in the up coming Six Champions league group matches.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Check out his goals against Bayern, Ajax and Ath.Madrid in 2016-2017 Champions league
I have seen them. He didn't have 5 defenders around him like this one when he scored that goal against Bayern. but I do agree he's more mature now. The experience he has now at this age after being in Europe for 6 years, is irreplaceable.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-Sadio-Mane-Marco-Asensio-Jurgen-Klopp-Latest

Liverpool are monitoring Zenit St Petersburg’s Sardar Azmoun

Liverpool scouting mission
Liverpool are monitoring Zenit St Petersburg’s Sardar Azmoun.

Russian outlet Soviet Sport claims that members of the Reds’ scouting department were in attendance as Azmoun’s Zenit St Petersburg faced Lokomotiv Moscow at the VTB Arena in Moscow.

Reigning champions Zenit were defeated 3-2 but Azmoun scored two goals either side of half-time.

The 24-year-old only joined the Gazprom-owned outfit back in February for a fee of around £10.5million, having neared a loan move to Wolves in January which fell through on deadline day.

Iran international Azmoun, formerly nicknamed ‘The Iranian Messi’, has long been tipped for a move to Europe with Liverpool credited with interest in the player since 2016.
I was wondering when the yearly Sardar to liverpool rumour would surface again. Isn't this the 4th year in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.