Legionnaires thread 2020-2021, News, Updates, Live Reports

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Taremi had lots and lots of opportunities in front of the goal with great service from his team mates. but unfortunately he wasted them one after the other. You could feel in the end he had lost his confidence so he wouldn't try to shoot on easy chances anymore but instead he would pass to Marega all the times.

Jan 26, 2006
I want to see more Iranian footballers in Spain and Portugal (dameh CQ garm for facilitating the latter), the english premier league just hasn't worked for Iranian footballers. Even the best Iranian legionnaire in the premier league arguably had his career trajectory stalled when he moved from germany. The only other iranian player with any credit only had a couple of cup games...

The others....

Ghoddos and Jahanbakhsh were two of our most exciting players... watching Ghoddos recently he is a shadow of his former self. What happened?

So many of our players went backwards in their career when they moved to England - Ansarifard, Kaabi, Bagheri, Ghoochannejhad.

Whereas in Spain and Portugal even some of our more average players could show themselves and gain confidence. Confidence breeds confidence.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I want to see more Iranian footballers in Spain and Portugal (dameh CQ garm for facilitating the latter), the english premier league just hasn't worked for Iranian footballers. Even the best Iranian legionnaire in the premier league arguably had his career trajectory stalled when he moved from germany. The only other iranian player with any credit only had a couple of cup games...

The others....

Ghoddos and Jahanbakhsh were two of our most exciting players... watching Ghoddos recently he is a shadow of his former self. What happened?

So many of our players went backwards in their career when they moved to England - Ansarifard, Kaabi, Bagheri, Ghoochannejhad.

Whereas in Spain and Portugal even some of our more average players could show themselves and gain confidence. Confidence breeds confidence.
When you are talking about Spain, you most likely talking about Nekounam and Portual Taremi.
I think both of them have more talent than all of the players you mentioned so even if Nekounam played in England, he would do the same.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

The others....

Actually Dejagah was doing just fine in the beginning in the premier league until he joined TM. His career got installed there right after that. Otherwise, as far as I remember he was a regular player for Fulham and scored a few goals as a winger too.

Also I really don't know why Teymourian didn't get more playing time. The guy was doing great every time he was subbed in.

Bagheri was very unlucky to lose his father and get the bad injury right after he moved to England and after that he was never the same player overall. So also in his case, we don't really know what would have happened if he wasn't so unlucky.

The rest.....I agree with you.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
When you are talking about Spain, you most likely talking about Nekounam and Portual Taremi.
I think both of them have more talent than all of the players you mentioned so even if Nekounam played in England, he would do the same.
I think he's also talking about Shojaei. I couldn't really see him being half successful as he was in Osasuna, in any other top 4 leagues.

Ps. Just as a side note, Bagheri and Dejagah were at least as talented as both Nekounam and Taremi, if not even more.

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I think he's also talking about Shojaei. I couldn't really see him being half successful as he was in Osasuna, in any other top 4 leagues.
Shojaei maybe not a fan favorite, but all of his coaches say that he played according to coach plan on the pitch (including CQ). That is why he was successful.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Shojaei maybe not a fan favorite, but all of his coaches say that he played according to coach plan on the pitch (including CQ). That is why he was successful.
At the time Shojaei played regularly for TM, we didn't have a better option in his position. Plus CQ had a fetish for European based players, no matter whom. You could see with the appearance of other players, Shojaei was left more and more on the bench. He was an average player at best. He has Branko to thank for, for his fame.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Jahanbakhsh was subbed in on 76' for Brighton and had a good game against Sheffield United today. Brighton lost 1-0 and Sofascore gave him score of 7.6. Average score of both Brighton and Sheffield were 6.9.

Last edited:

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
From Bigboard of Brighton Fans by A1X:

"Jahanbakhsh is the only one who deserves even a modicum of praise for the performance tonight. And honestly I hope Satan has bought some snow boots because **** me it's a cold day in hell that I'm saying that."

Jan 26, 2006
Sporting are a man down against Braga! If Braga can grab a goal then it would be amazing for Taremi's Porto....

BTW just reading the last posts.... sociopaths crave attention. I'm learning myself that it is best to ignore them. "Javabe ablahan khamooshist".

A guy who is proud of supporting and rooting for a hundred different teams, then says "I think I am superior to you guys who after all those years in abroad, are still jumping up and down over senseless things like players, teams, countries, politicians, religions...". Is this satire or dementia?

Feel sorry for the nation of Switzerland, not sure how it deserved this....😢

1619380335234.png

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
If he had only 3 missed chances it would have been a disaster but I think he did good all things considered
First opportunity only would have been scored if a super goal was to happen
He did well with his long shot
His first goal was really the result of a defensive hesitation
2nd goal was world class

If our halfbacks feed few opportunities, our boys will score
Azmoun, Taremi, Gholizadeh, Rezaei, Alizadeh, Ghaedi, Ansarifar, ... we never had so many good options. No worries about injuries or cards

I also think out mid options are really bad at all;
Ghoddos, Ebrahimi, Jahanbakhsh, Karimi, amiri, torabi, mohebbi
Good to see you and your spot on with your views.

I am so pissed off with Potter for not giving much opportunity to jahanbakhsh . He is a incredibly talented player that at the hand of right coach can be among the best in the league , coach that would give him confidence and mentally prepare him and boost his confidence with the right words and encourage him to take the game to the opponents and stamp and impose himself. We have all seen what he is capable of.
I think him and his agent made a poor choice coming to a team like Brighton with a defensive mindset that just fights to stay up and that is the only thing they aim for .
Liecter City was a much suitable team for his type of football with their attacking mindset.
I think his decision had nothing to do with football but location.
That first Brighton coach Chris something virtually used him as right back with his tactics and then blamed him for not scoring! He was extremely defensive coach . If you signed a club record signing to make and score goals then you should play where he is most useful. If you don't then why the hell did you pay 20 million to get him !

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

The others....

Premier league and English football is physically extremely tough and very busy schedule and to complete in it requires extreme fitness and toughness over the season . It doesn't fit with most of our players. Taremi and Azmoon may do well here . Jahanbakhsh has been unlucky with his coaches and the way the treated him.