Legionnaires thread 2020-2021, News, Updates, Live Reports

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Azmoun's brace today

1st goal @ 0:46
2nd Goal @ 3:20

Affarin Azmoun! Dzyuba was running the show in this game. What a great player he is!

If Azmoun gets to become the league's top scorer again this season, I can not see why a big club wouldn't come knocking on his door for real.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
This Alipour guy is a terrible player. If he manages to succeed like Taremi in the Portuguese league, then we can only surmise there's either something amazingly divine in the drinking waters of Portugal or these guys were drinking horse-piss out of the taps in Iran.
he scored many goals for Perspolis so let see what he can do. he is not Taremi but he is not that bad..

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Affarin Azmoun! Dzyuba was running the show in this game. What a great player he is!

If Azmoun gets to become the league's top scorer again this season, I can not see why a big club wouldn't come knocking on his door for real.
I'd rather Sardar stays with Zenit. He seems to be in great form, gets plenty of playing time and has a great partnership. He even gets champions league action as a starter. Bigger clubs have little to offer him.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I'd rather Sardar stays with Zenit. He seems to be in great form, gets plenty of playing time and has a great partnership. He even gets champions league action as a starter. Bigger clubs have little to offer him.
Well, if every football player thinks that way then no one would ever reach top clubs. Azmoun is our only prospect with a talent who could reach high places. He's already achieved everything that could be achieved in the Russian league. What else is there for him to gain there? If he was 28-29 years old, then yes I'd agree with you. But at 25 he's just reached the form of his life. Now is the time to climb higher and to set higher goals.