Legionnaires thread 2020-2021, News, Updates, Live Reports

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Good game by Taremi again! Too bad Porto didn't win the game at the end... Hope they get a good result against Juve in few days

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
So Taremi is basically a fixed starter at this point, right?? He's sure to play against Juve?

Gotta decide if I'm going to run him in my fantasy league team or not and I prefer not to have any shenanigans with him on the bench.

Jan 29, 2018
Thank you for the update. As said, you are welcome to update the list yourself if you want. This is supposed to be a list of our "European" legionnaires though.

Belgium

Kaveh Rezaei - Charleroi
Ali Gholizadeh - Charleroi
Alireza Beyranvand - Royal Antwerp F.C.
Milad Mohammadi - K.A.A. Gent

Portugal

Medi Taremi - FC Porto
Amir Abedzadeh - Maritimo
Ali Alipour - Maritimo
Shahriar Moghanlou - C.D. Santa Clara
Jafar Salmani - Portimonense F.C.

Croatia

Sadegh Moharrami - Dinamo Zagreb
Younes Delfi - HNK Gorica (loan from Charleroi)

Russia

Sardar Azmoun - FC Zenit Saint Petersburg

Greece

Karim Ansarifard - AEK Athens
Mohammad Reza Azadi - Panetolikos F.C.

England

EPL
Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton & Hove Albion

Championship
Saman Ghoddos - Brentford F.C.

The Netherlands

Reza Ghoochannejhad - PEC Zwolle

Austria

Reza Asadi - SKN St. Pölten

Denmark

Saeid Ezzatollahi - Vejle Boldklub

Ukraine

Allahyar Sayyadmanesh - FC Zorya Luhansk (loan from Fenerbahce)
Shahab Zahedi - FC Zorya Luhansk

Turkey

Majid Hosseini - Trabzonspor

Norway

Sosha Makani -Mjøndalen IF
Iman Salimi - ŠKF Sereď 🇸🇰

Nov 24, 2002
Goal and assist for 24 years old LB jafar salmani on his first start for Portimonese assisted the first goal and scored the 2nd , man of the match performance. I think he played as LW today. They beat Gil Vincente 4-1, he played 80 min
Portugese league seems to be the best fit for our players, this is the guy that not many heard about him when he was in Iran.
His coach as i said before was Sanat naft coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 29, 2018
6 months loan but still waste of the time, heard he had better offers but visa issue.
It sucks for a such a player though.
Our top 5 CB maybe as we talk.
It's a free transfer not a loan. 4 month contract with the club actively helping him to move to a better league in the summer. He had to sack his previous agent 2 weeks ago because he was rejecting offers for very minimal reasons like contract length, agent fees etc. He's now with Reza Asadi's agent, based in Austria. He had numerous visa issues and the coronavirus situation didn't help. Sered paid for the visa process in full and fast tracked the process so he could come to Europe.

Ultimately, it's a step in the right direction.

Nov 24, 2002
Abedzadeh was benched in last two matches and rightfully, not that his replacement and Maritimo have done better in his absence but he was pretty bad in last few matches for them. Too many amateurish mistakes.
Tbh, i rather live with Beiro and his mistakes than having someone like Abedzadeh as starter with so many basic mistakes, he can make some unbelievable saves and all of sudden allow few amateur goals.

Nov 24, 2002
It's a free transfer not a loan. 4 month contract with the club actively helping him to move to a better league in the summer. He had to sack his previous agent 2 weeks ago because he was rejecting offers for very minimal reasons like contract length, agent fees etc. He's now with Reza Asadi's agent, based in Austria. He had numerous visa issues and the coronavirus situation didn't help. Sered paid for the visa process in full and fast tracked the process so he could come to Europe.

Ultimately, it's a step in the right direction.
Step in right direction?
Playing for a team which is probably at best at same level of Mes Rafsanjan.
No, it is not..
I don't buy this BS that they will help him find a better team just because they are in Europe.
Milad Mohammadi made it from rah ahan
Salmani made it from sanat naft
Moghanlou made it from peykan
Gholizadeh from saipa
And there many more.. Like alipour, kaveh,, etc all from our local league.
And most of them haven't capped for TM yet or still didn't when they moved to Portugal or Belgium.
He had offer from Persepolis and ended up with crappy team in Slovakia. How?

Nov 24, 2002
Ali Beiro starting at home vs Rangers and stevie Gerrard in round of 32 of EL.
They are missing both their main target forwards, Mbokani and Lamkel Zé.

Nov 24, 2002
Looks like he was dealing with an old injury base on his IG story and it got worst but nothing serious, should be back in few weeks.

He can't blame anyone other than himself regarding to this mess situation and inconsistency, if he doesn't find help, he should soon pack and get back to Iran, and i honestly don't get what fans were expecting from him? World class performance just because he saved CR7 penalty? lol.
He is a decent keeper for Iran standard but nowhere near to world class.
World class keepers in REGULAR BASES barely have these 3 factors issues:
1) Communication
2) Foot work and kicking(these days most keepers are involved in game and making plays )
3) Exits

The last two have been the most Iranian keepers issues. Abedzadeh is worst.
Beiro haven't worked on any of them , specially communication, for more than 2 years he knew soon or late he will be playing aboard, yet his level of English is elementary .