Legionnaires thread 2020-2021, News, Updates, Live Reports

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Lets reduce the list to the ones who may have chance for TM eventually or are already part of it. Also i added Salmani

Belgium

Kaveh Rezaei - Charleroi
Ali Gholizadeh - Charleroi
Alireza Beyranvand - Royal Antwerp F.C.
Milad Mohammadi - K.A.A. Gent

Portugal

Medi Taremi - FC Porto
Amir Abedzadeh - Maritimo
Ali Alipour - Maritimo
Jafar Salmani- Portimonese

Croatia

Sadegh Moharrami - Dinamo Zagreb

Russia

Sardar Azmoun - FC Zenit Saint Petersburg

Greece

Karim Ansarifard - AEK Athens

England

EPL
Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton & Hove Albion

Championship
Saman Ghoddos - Brentford F.C.

Denmark

Saeid Ezzatollahi - Vejle Boldklub

Ukraine

Allahyar Sayyadmanesh - FC Zorya Luhansk (loan from Fenerbahce)
Shahab Zahedi - FC Zorya Luhansk

Turkey

Majid Hosseini - Trabzonspor
It's good to keep track of whom we have in Europe though (in general). It's impossible for us to predict who will or will not be invited to TM at some point.

Anyways, I would have kept Younest Delfi. Judging by his age and talent, he's still got a good chance to be invited to TM. The same goes to Mohammadreza Azadi (Greece). They are both part of U23TM. Also with the rarity of in form CDMs, Reza Asadi (Austria) may very well become an option.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Porto and Sporting played a league game in a 0-0 draw.

Taremi had the best and only chance of scoring the winner for Porto but he missed badly. Other than that, I have a feeling Taremi has become less active during the past couple of games. He gets invisible at times. I don't know if it's fatigue or if it's the false feeling of comfort now that he's become a regular player. He needs to be careful and not lose focus and energy otherwise he could see the bench sooner than he thinks. With so many good players, they don't have ta'arof with anyone in a team like Porto.

Nov 24, 2002
It's good to keep track of whom we have in Europe though (in general). It's impossible for us to predict who will or will not be invited to TM at some point.

Anyways, I would have kept Younest Delfi. Judging by his age and talent, he's still got a good chance to be invited to TM. The same goes to Mohammadreza Azadi (Greece). They are both part of U23TM. Also with the rarity of in form CDMs, Reza Asadi (Austria) may very well become an option.
I don't see any of them except maybe Delfi to have a shot for TM.

Btw, where is Delfi? Still alive?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Just that bicycle kick on volley, min. 03:34! If he had scored, that would have put his name up in the European sky for quite some time!

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Funny, the Porto fans have made cartoons of Taremi. Many of them call him "King" or "Ace". I even saw someone calling him Taregol :D They love him! He needs to use this to his advantage and get big on the world stage (champion's league).

That makes me wanna see us in the WC even more! The big fans of so many different clubs will see us with interest and be on our side.

1614524997883.png

Nov 24, 2002
Beautiful assist by Allahyar in last minutes against Shaktar, they beat them 0-1 away and back to title race. Zahedi played the last 20 min.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Taremi should have scored that chance but overall was involved in offense. He is becoming a consistent player.

Nov 24, 2002
Taremi should have scored that chance but overall was involved in offense. He is becoming a consistent player.
He also creates lots of chances himself and his positioning and pressing is excellent.
But i agree with sly, he shouldn't feel too comfortable as their main stricker now. Things can change very fast at high level and bigger clubs.
This was 3rd match in space of 10-12 days which he played 90 min. Maybe fatigue was part of it as well.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
What a great run and play by Sayyadmanesh! Damesh garm!!!

They should have carried him on their shoulders for that win. That goal was his even if he didn't have the last touch.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
He also creates lots of chances himself and his positioning and pressing is excellent.
But i agree with sly, he shouldn't feel too comfortable as their main stricker now. Things can change very fast at high level and bigger clubs.
This was 3rd match in space of 10-12 days which he played 90 min. Maybe fatigue was part of it as well.
That was a 100% goal chance... overall I think the reason for his playing time is due to his involvement and activity in the attack. Now Porto is placed 3rd in Portuguese league, 10pts behind Sporting... that's a lot! He still has a long way to go for being a finisher and taking advantages of the chances...

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Here are the highlights of Zenit's first game after the Russian league started. Azmoun played a great game. Could have scored a couple of goals but Rostov's goalkeeper had a great game too.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
As I had feared and expected, today Taremi was dropped out from the starting line up and came in only as a sub. Porto lost to Braga 3-2.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
As I had feared and expected, today Taremi was dropped out from the starting line up and came in only as a sub. Porto lost to Braga 3-2.
Yup! He came on around 25th minute... which is a pretty quick substitution! If Porto loses in UCL next week, it's going to be a tough year for them considering they are already 10pts behind Sporting.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
It wasn't really dropping him out.
They play this weekend in league and tuesday in CL, so it is obvious he couldn't play all 3.
They rested few other starters as well.
Anyway now out of cup and title is most likely out of reach they should focus on juves which is dealing with lots of injuries and are beatable

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Not many chances for Taremi today... he did some quick passing today with his teammates, other than that no chances for him