Legionnaires thread 2020-2021, News, Updates, Live Reports

Nov 24, 2002
Nourollahi plans to leave for Europe at the end of this season, Portugal or Belgium seem to be his next destination, he is by far the best CM in the league and playing his best football. He is 28 and should have decided for such a move few years earlier.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Nourollahi plans to leave for Europe at the end of this season, Portugal or Belgium seem to be his next destination, he is by far the best CM in the league and playing his best football. He is 28 and should have decided for such a move few years earlier.
Hala dige with Taremi's success everybody starts to remember they should be playing in Europe. As you say he should have thought about it several years ago.

Ps. Never liked him as a player so much. If he's the best we have then we are in deep trouble. Where are the times when we had players of Karim Bagheri's caliber. or Moharram Navidkia's.

Jan 26, 2006
been looking at this Marega and seeing there's times when he could have shot but chose to pass to Taremi. He seems like a good team player and it's great to have a partnership as a forward which Taremi has with Sardar and Sardar himself has with Dyzuba

Jan 26, 2006
BTW there were lots of people swearing at Taremi after the WC miss against portugal but I thought that the chance wasn't as easy as people were making out, and especially given how much he had battled in that game. Let alone that even if he had managed to stretch his body to shoot on target at pace, the goalkeeper could still have saved it.

What hurt was the yellow card which made him miss the Japan semi in the AC. I don't think every TM fan realised how important Taremi was for TM in terms of stretching the opposition and how much he would have been awkward against a Japanese defence which was prone to errors. He was as important as Sardar.

I still feel if we had Taremi then the game would have been completely different.

Nov 24, 2002
BTW there were lots of people swearing at Taremi after the WC miss against portugal but I thought that the chance wasn't as easy as people were making out, and especially given how much he had battled in that game. Let alone that even if he had managed to stretch his body to shoot on target at pace, the goalkeeper could still have saved it.

What hurt was the yellow card which made him miss the Japan semi in the AC. I don't think every TM fan realised how important Taremi was for TM in terms of stretching the opposition and how much he would have been awkward against a Japanese defence which was prone to errors. He was as important as Sardar.

I still feel if we had Taremi then the game would have been completely different.
Yes, it wasn't easy at all, Mandzukic scored on almost same angle vs England, but we are talking about a world top striker at that time, what i was expecting from Taremi to have a shot on target and hope for a rebound by someone else but didn't happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Let's see with all these talents we can get pass Iraq and Bahrain !! Don't want to listen to any excuse that we have to play 4 games in 12 days, 2 of them are against joke teams.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Let's see with all these talents we can get pass Iraq and Bahrain !! Don't want to listen to any excuse that we have to play 4 games in 12 days, 2 of them are against joke teams.
Talented players have nothing to do with this. We have to play against both Iraq and Bahrain away with lots of referee favoritism. If you remember Bahrain 2001, you will know it's not too far-fetched if we lost both games even if we had better talents than the ones we have now. With CQ and his type of tactics, we would have had a high chance to win. Now? I don't think so actually. I hope I'm wrong.

Jan 26, 2006
The young number 3 keeper for Antwerp, de Wolf, just got MOTM in their recent league game.

I think it is safe to say that he has overtaken Beiranvand who will be third in the pecking order once their number 1 returns.

For me, this is the underlying final piece in the puzzle which makes it very, very unlikely for us to reach the next world cup.

He will be destroyed in terms of confidence, and I can't see him being replaced for TM when he has been the fix for so long. Abedzadeh and Niazmand have also made a few sootis recently.

I really hope Bayat can do something magical and take him to Charleroi on loan or whatever but this is very unlikely.....

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Talented players have nothing to do with this. We have to play against both Iraq and Bahrain away with lots of referee favoritism. If you remember Bahrain 2001, you will know it's not too far-fetched if we lost both games even if we had better talents than the ones we have now. With CQ and his type of tactics, we would have had a high chance to win. Now? I don't think so actually. I hope I'm wrong.
We lost fair in the last two games and let's stop this blaming game. We are not even in the final stage of AFC qualification for f ... Sake lol

Jan 26, 2006
Jahanbakhsh's gheirat/pride/honour system is now backfiring on him.

It got him from Damash youths to being the top assist+goals in the Dutch league for AZ.

But forced him to both go to, and stay, at Brighton even though he just doesn't fit there and is now burning his career. He needs to just accept the loss and rebuild somewhere else before it's not too late.