Life after the Tunisian and Egyptian "Revolutions"

Payam

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
Earth
www.iransportspress.com
[video=youtube;UwB4HWwm4tM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwB4HWwm4tM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The violent madness that engulfs Egyptian and Algerian footballing relations exploded yet again, this time during Saturday's African Champions League match between Egpyt's Zamalek and Tunisia's Club Africain. With Zamalek leading 2-1 in the second leg but still down 5-4 on aggregate, they had a vital late goal disallowed after being ruled offside. The home fans decided to blame the match's Algerian referee and in stoppage time, hundreds of them stormed the pitch.
The match was abandoned as the officials fled the scene and the crazies on the pitch threw stones, lit flares and attacked both the players and each other.
From Reuters:
An Egyptian official in the ministry of health said nine people were injured in the incident, according to the state news agency MENA. He did not give their nationalities.
The incident revived the soccer tension between Egypt and Algeria of the recent past.
Algeria and Egypt had a diplomatic row late in 2009 over an ill-tempered qualification match for the World Cup.
Both sides traded accusations about crowd violence and intimidation and Cairo withdrew its ambassador from Algiers.
Africain will likely be awarded the victory once this mess is sorted out and Zamalek should be in for some kind of sanctions (key word there being "should"). Also, note how the video above ends with a creepy horror movie type cut out, making it just that much more disturbing. We don't know for sure, but there's a good chance that's when Godzilla attacked.
UPDATE: Egypt prime minister Essam Sharaf has apologized to Tunisia, the Africain players and the Algerian referee for what he described as "an act of thuggery" at Cairo Stadium. He has ordered the interior ministry to launch an investigation and called for the African Champions League to be suspended.

Payam

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
Earth
www.iransportspress.com
i had a little more respect for egyptian hooligans after they claimed they united during the "revolution" buut that just got lost again.. what the hell is wrong with people? sure go ahead and rush the fields, i laughed when i saw the flair, but wtf you have to injure some fans for? was it their fault that the goal was disallowed. idiots

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
is crazy there both in egypt and tunesia..
i have both tunesian and egyptian freinds and thing are not going well , in tunesia the era after ben ali i even worse , a guy was telling me you seee many fanatic islamist with long dress and huge risho pashm in street like there is no tommorow
and and egyptian guy had to move all his family here due to lack of security was telling me is a total jungle there ..