Line-Ups Only: Your TM line-up against Morocco

Nov 29, 2002
Guys, what is your proposed line-up for the first game of the world cup?

This is mine:

------------------------------ Beiranvand--------------------------------
Rezaeian--------Montazeri-----PAG----- Mohammadi----
--------------------Ebrahimi-------------Cheshmi---------------------
---------------------------------Hajsafi (c)-------------------------------
----------Jahanbakhsh----------------------------- Taremi------
--------------------------------- Azmoun---------------------------------

We need someone next to Ebrahimi who can play DM and unfortunately the only candidate really is Cheshmi who is OK there at club level.

I really want to start Ghoddos but the way CQ plays I can't think of any where to put him. He likes Taremi as support for Azmoun and he doesn't play a simple CAM where Ghoddos might fit in. So I can't see him starting unless CQ switches to a more attacking formation, perhaps with a trequartista.

Feb 4, 2005

This is mine:

We need someone next to Ebrahimi who can play DM and unfortunately the only candidate really is Cheshmi who is OK there at club level.

I really want to start Ghoddos but the way CQ plays I can't think of any where to put him. He likes Taremi as support for Azmoun and he doesn't play a simple CAM where Ghoddos might fit in. So I can't see him starting unless CQ switches to a more attacking formation, perhaps with a trequartista.
Same line up for me. He can bring in Saman for Hajsafi or Cheshmi if we need to score.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

This is mine:

Good line up, but I would play Hajsafi in place of Cheshmi and play Ghodous in place of Hajsafi.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I would play Saman instead of Taremi
He could play on the wing and do well, but I think Hajsafi can do a better job in place of Cheshmi and Saman is more capable as a playmaker behind our forward, he is two feet player and I think will fit in there and do well, if in training he can harmonise with the offensive players and read their movements.
But its all guess work.
Masoud Shojaei is at best a sub for the last 20 minutes if need be, still losing pocesion in critical positions.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
He could play on the wing and do well, but I think Hajsafi can do a better job in place of Cheshmi and Saman is more capable as a playmaker behind our forward, he is two feet player and I think will fit in there and do well, if in training he can harmonise with the offensive players and read their movements.
But its all guess work.
Masoud Shojaei is at best a sub for the last 20 minutes if need be, still losing pocesion in critical positions.

Would also rather play Ghoddos behind a striker, move Taremi out and play Hajsafi left in a shuttling role.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Without Jalal in our defense to partner with PAG or Pejman we are hopeless. I just hope CQ comes to his senses and invite Jala for final 23 which is very unlikely. The rest of the team is pretty much set, we know who CQ will use.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Without Jalal in our defense to partner with PAG or Pejman we are hopeless. I just hope CQ comes to his senses and invite Jala for final 23 which is very unlikely. The rest of the team is pretty much set, we know who CQ will use.
I agree with you but we don't know the bigger picture of what CQ plans are and what he thinks he needs to execute his plans and which players he needs to do it with
I say I agree Jalal has been a rock in our defence and I don't understand why he is not there but I trust the coach that he has made the best decision for the benefit of the team, will he regret it or not time will tell.
I think the coach knows something we don't.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Believe me Cheshmi will not be a liability in midfield. He is not a CD and that is why he makes so many stupid mistakes. His onl liability in MD is possibility of being yellow/red carded.
He is tough and fit and good technique but mentally he is not reached a decent level of maturity in understanding the situation and time his actions right, learning or knowing how to close in to the opponent with the ball and not get turned over easily. I think the stage is too big for him at this moment in time.

It's not just this one game I am talking about...

Oct 1, 2004
--------------------Ebrahimi-------------Hajsafi (c)---------------------
-------------------------------- Ghodoos-------------------------------

Dejagah and Gucci as our supersubs.