Live update of the final in TeakWondow, 2 iranians on...

Jan 29, 2004
"راشد احمداف" تكواندوكار جمهوري آذربايجان كه در مرحله يك دوم نهايي در برابر "علي تاجيك" از ايران شكست خورده بود، به شيوه‌اي حيرت انگيز به راي داوران اعتراض كرد.

او هنگام آغاز مبارزه تاجيك با حريف استراليايي خود، وارد تشك مسابقه - تاتامي - شد و با نشستن روي زمين ، اعتراض خود را به راي داوران اعلام داشت.

مسابقه او با تاجيك با نتيجه مساوي ‪ ۶ - ۶‬به پايان رسيده بود اما داوران به دليل تعداد خطاي بيشتر حريف آذربايجاني، تاجيك را پيروز ميدان معرفي كردند.

اين اقدام شگفت انگيز تكواندوكار جمهوري آذربايجان با هو كردن وي از سوي چندهزار تماشاگر سالن و اعتراض داوران روبرو شد.

هيات داوران نيز بطور رسمي از بلندگو اعلام كردند كه اعتراض وي كه قبلا بصورت كتبي داده شده بود، پذيرفته نشده است و نتيجه اعلام شده، ايرادي ندارد.

سرانجام با دخالت ماموران برگزاري مسابقات، وي تاتامي را ترك كرد در حالي كه به شدت اشك مي‌ريخت.

اين صحنه بطور مستقيم از تلويزيون اسپانيا و شبكه ورزشي يورو اسپرت پخش شد.

وي پيش از آن نيز كنار زمين بازي به حالت اعتراض نشسته بود اما هنگام مسابقه تاجيك به وسط تشك رفت.

خبرنگاران و تصويربرداران رسانه‌هاي جهان از اين صحنه ، دهها عكس گرفتند.

Looks like Tajik had a controversial win too!

Jan 29, 2004
Any news about this soap opera!?!?!? It's getting late they should just give Gold to Tajik and kick the whiners out of competition :p
BTW, Korea has only won 3 medals in 5 tries, Iran is 5 for 5, bego mashalah!!!!!

ps . what I posted was about the 1/4 final as Sly said.

kebabe2

IPL Player
Sep 8, 2003
uk
iran is hot in the sport......as the english commentator of Eurosport said during the last final "korea maybe the home of taekwondo but iran challenge them for dominance each time and they cant have it their own way...Then he went to give a lousy example "a bit like England in football"

Jan 29, 2004
Lopez beat Tajik 3-2 and won gold so the soap opera is over. There was no rematch but the refs made sure a Spanish girl won gold tonite to settle the crowd and then the fans watched the first period of the final between Lopez and Tajik with their rear end towards the mat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Chief said:
...but the refs made sure a Spanish girl won gold tonite to settle the crowd...
come on man, first, Lopez was wrongly given a point in the semifinal and the replay confirmed this. its only natural that the fans go wild... in iran there would probably be a massive brawl after such a scene.
and second, belen (spanish gold) won fair and square, no help from the refs, her korean counterpart was just very passive. she won 4-1.

Jan 29, 2004
I know man but I am trying to make the soap opera exciting for the readers with subplots and all, you know what I mean :D