Looking at Argentinas Result the past few games.....

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Argentina is a team that had problem against defensive teams but I think they can play well against Belgium since they play more open.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I don't think that Argentina would have made it out of the group stages without Messi.
2006 or 2014? Because Messi was still very young in 2006. But Pekerman messed it up against Germany otherwise I thought they would have been in semifinals. 2002 was a big waste, and Ortega messed it up in 98. Just Imagine Di Maria and Messi had Batistuta and Crespo in front! not trying to be rude toward Higuin or Aguero. However Higuain did very well today! they are more of modern forwards though. But to me Crespo and specially Batistuta (Romario, Van Basten) were the ultimate goal scorers.
And as you say, CL is the pinnacle of football and league games tell us most about a player's week in week out desire. No one has been there better than him over that period of time. I mean, we have to agree, what the guy did over the last 6 years week in week out was ridiculous.
No doubt! he has been breaking records one after another, the amount of passion and love he has for the sport is so much that it make him seem like a little kid playing football. Higuin scored an outstanding goal today with a very great performance and Di Maria assisted his goal but it was built by Messi once again. Argentina defended well today and finding spaces for Messi to attack and since Di Maria left not a lot of players made run forward and let Messi take on several Belgium players every time all by himself. It was like Messi was equal to three extra attacking player and let Argentina stay back and keep their formation, in the same time he did his defending and putting constant pressure. Outstanding player!

Jun 26, 2014
During 8 years war where Iran Tv only had rozeh, rish o pashm, the only positiv thing was Watching 82 and 86 on TV.
I watched half of the World cup 86 in bunkers in Tehran, due to air attack. 12 years old kid, surley Maradona stole my Heart.
now in 2014, there is no war, I live in Europe and Watch even crappy Danish 2nd division live on tv, surley even if Argentina wins it, it won't have the same impact, as Grande Diegos 86.
Therfore... for me... Diego is the God, and Messi is the reminder of what Gods look like!

This story really touched my heart, I am so glad you are here and well with us continuing to enjoy the game. Thank you for sharing.

The only wish I have, truly the only one, is an end to war in this world and of course, the most unimaginable punishment against those who start them.