Looking at Argentinas Result the past few games.....

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
Looking at Argentinas Result the past few games, and seeing how each game, against every single team SO FAR, they have struggled to win, I guess we didn't break GHOOL's/Monster's cock. The funny thing is before world cup started, in a bet among friends and family, I said Argentina and Brazil will make the Final, and Brazil will win only because of home advantage; if the game was anywhere else in the world Argentina would win. Both teams have been over rated so far, and both have advanced to the next stage.

Jun 26, 2014
lol. Pretty much everyone's favorite before every World Cup is either Argentina or Brazil.

Both have been poor. The problem though, I feel, is due to the decline in quality of international futbol of the last 12-15 years. There are just too many fixtures on calendar for these top players at club level. Just look at poor Ronaldo. The Spanish press have been saying that the main reason Messi has been doing so well is because he was reserving himself for the World Cup ( "injured" for many games this season at Barca, and when he did play, it appeared as though he wasn't giving it his best ). Players need a good full 1 month's rest before the World Cup begins and periods of the calendar year should be reserved strictly for international fixtures. Tournaments like Tournoi de France in 97' and King Fahd Cup no longer exist.

Still though, Argentina's weakest side would destroy Iran's best on any given day, so I give credit to TM for their performance.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Agreed but I have to add, which one of the favorites have really played well? Both Germany and Holland struggled against Algeria and Mexico respectively. France have actually been ok but not convincing either! They all suck!

A lot of people here have criticized Brazil for their bad games. But judging from the games, "AMONG THE FAVOURITES", Brazil have actually played the least crappy football!

It's rather the second rated teams and underdogs who've played well so far! I wouldn't cry if Colombia won the whole thing eventhough I know they wont!

IMO, none of the favorites have really deserved to win the WC so far even if they do it in the end!

Aug 21, 2005
next door
Argentina is turning to be a version of Spain in 2010. kiri kiri getting past the opponents and with the luck that they have they might as will go all the way for a championship.

they are getting by very napoleoni

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Agreed but I have to add, which one of the favorites have really played well? Both Germany and Holland struggled against Algeria and Mexico respectively. France have actually been ok but not convincing either! They all suck!

A lot of people here have criticized Brazil for their bad games. But judging from the games, "AMONG THE FAVOURITES", Brazil have actually played the least crappy football!

It's rather the second rated teams and underdogs who've played well so far! I wouldn't cry if Colombia won the whole thing eventhough I know they wont!

IMO, none of the favorites have really deserved to win the WC so far even if they do it in the end!

Brazil still have Neymar's dayoos father...the guy cost 40 Million...he will play in midfield and help them out and they will play better.

Joking aside...I don't think anything would be worse for Brazil than losing the final against Argentina...it would be too nice for this to happen..for Neymar, his father, Big Phil, Pele, Teixeira...all of these assholes...elahi amin!

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Argentina had the toughest round of 16 opponent. Switzerland was one of the seeded teams that did not finish top of its group. Argentina did pretty well against Switzerland. I think Argentina is going to crush Belgium, because Belgium won't be defending like Switzerland. I think Argentina will win by two and go into the semifinal. I hope we see Messi in the final.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Argentina had the toughest round of 16 opponent. Switzerland was one of the seeded teams that did not finish top of its group. Argentina did pretty well against Switzerland. I think Argentina is going to crush Belgium, because Belgium won't be defending like Switzerland. I think Argentina will win by two and go into the semifinal. I hope we see Messi in the final.
the same seeded team that got destroyed by France?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Overously they are doing enough to win and mainly Messi is carying the squad and today Di stepped up. Also, we will discover who they are soon because Belgium is very good.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
whatever the f his name is and keeps playing this team with actual midfielders and defenders like shit
At least he's proved to be better than Sabella who's playing his team like retards! :D

Having said that, as I mentioned a long time ago, Argentina WILL take the cup home.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
At least he's proved to be better than Sabella who's playing his team like retards! :D

Having said that, as I mentioned a long time ago, Argentina WILL take the cup home.
oh wow...

but hey...one has Hernanes on the bench and the other depends on Fernando Gago as a midfielder, something not even Boca Juniors do anymore. Yeah..obviously they have the same hand.

And don't worry, Sepp will make sure Brazil win it...otherwise the country would be burning.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
the same seeded team that got destroyed by France?
You are not one of those that says if Iran lost to Argentina 1-0, and Argentina beat Spain 3-0, then Iran will beat Spain 2-0. Are you?

You cannot judge a team based on one game that can go wrong. Switzerland was seeded because of its results in many games over a long period of time. Also, the knock out games are different than group games. Argentina did have the toughest opponent in the knock out round compared to all the other teams that won their group.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
oh wow...

but hey...one has Hernanes on the bench and the other depends on Fernando Gago as a midfielder, something not even Boca Juniors do anymore. Yeah..obviously they have the same hand.

And don't worry, Sepp will make sure Brazil win it...otherwise the country would be burning.
One has got Messi, Di Maria, Huagain, Aguero, Palacio, Lavezzi, etc. The other has got......hummmm..... Neymar!

Anyways, Brazil could easily lose to any of their remaining opponents, including their next one, Colombia! They wont win the WC! I'm sure of it!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
One has got Messi, Di Maria, Huagain, Aguero, Palacio, Lavezzi, etc. The other has got......hummmm..... Neymar!

Anyways, Brazil could easily lose to any of their remaining opponents, including their next one, Colombia! They wont win the WC! I'm sure of it!
Well you are right they have a big test coming up against Columbia but despite everything, I still have them as the slight favorites only because of the advantage they have playing home. I will say that the two most impressive teams are France and Columbia. Germany, Brazil, Argentina and Hollland are in the next tier. The reason why I say France and Columbia is because I really like those two teams and they have two different styles. Of course I hope Germany wins but they could get bounced out by France. What I'm trying to say is once you reach this level, the elite eight, anything can happen now.

Oh and we will find out how good Argentina they got Belgium coming up next and Belgium is nothing nice.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Huagain, Aguero, Palacio, Lavezzi, etc. The other has got......hummmm..... Neymar!
LOL! Really? Argentina has Aguero? Where has he been? LOL! And Higuain? Errm..so what...Brazil has Fred. What about Oscar, Willian, Fernandinho, Alves, Marcelo, David Luiz, Thiago Silva etc.? You do realize that Palacio is around 34 years old, don't you? LOL! Dude...quit talking about football..tell us more about the latest Bollywood movies.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
LOOOL@ trying to act like you know something! All the Brazilian players you mentioned here above have sucked big time!!! I had a lot of hopes for Fred before the WC but he turned out to suck too! Oscar had a good moment in the first game but that's all! All the defenders are as shaky as they can get! The only sole player handling the huge pressure, trying to do something is Neymar! He has carried Brazil on his shoulders all alone, more than anyone else has carried their team in this WC! and unfortunately football is not a one man show so that's why I think they wont last! They got quite far only because of home game advantage and that little guy who is Barca's undeniable jewel. ;) :D They can lose at any stage now! Watch it happen!

Oct 18, 2010
actually argentina has been playing pretty good soccer so far.the point
is they bring out the best game out of each opponent they play.there is
no footballer in the world that is not gonna be excited about playing against
the likes of messi,di maria,gago,macherano, etc...that helps raise their game and
give more than their usual when they play against argentina.and in this wc carlos
provided a very simple template on how to play against argentina and not get blown out
when he had iran play them.other teams are paying attention and taking that template
and customizing it according to their capabilites and shortcomings.yesterday switzerland
was taking a page out of carlos and iran when they played argentina to a 120 minute
stalemate.but as carlos said if 'team argentina' can't beat you messi can,eventually.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
They both got lucky against Chile and Switzerland, specially Brazil! Germany and Holland both struggled but both have been playing much better than Brazil. In fact I think the best team so far has been Colombia by far then France!
Colombia should be able to beat Brazil but actually doing it in WC in Brazil is the different story, Chile came very close I don't see any reason Colombia not be able to. When France play with Griezmann, Bezeman and Valbuena up front they play better than all other European teams. Argentina is all Messi and the team is nothing like the team it was in 2006 and I think Enzo Perez could have done the job better than Gago.

Last edited: