Ranieri is back . lol

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Now to get back on topic and calm things down a bit:

I think Ranieri was a little lucky to walk into a Leicester City team that for many reasons has gone on to do what it has. He found the team ready and prepared to go. He didn't have to build a team. All he had to do, according to himself, was tell them to go out and play and show him what they can do. Some times this is just as effective coaching as any other. They won a few games and the momentum grew. Ranieri was instructive in taking the pressure off them and letting them enjoy their free style of play.

I am not saying that if Pearson was still in charge Leicester would be top of the PL now. They probably wouldn't because Pearson is a bit of an asshole who pisses players off. Ranieri's character and personality has suited this Leicester team in a very timely fashion. I think even Ranieri is surprised and continues to be surprised every week when they win game after game. Next season they could be mid table at best with the same players.

For now though, I hope they win the league. No other team is more deserving considering that everyone else around them has spend millions on players.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Now to get back on topic and calm things down a bit:

I think Ranieri was a little lucky to walk into a Leicester City team that for many reasons has gone on to do what it has. He found the team ready and prepared to go. He didn't have to build a team. All he had to do, according to himself, was tell them to go out and play and show him what they can do. Some times this is just as effective coaching as any other. They won a few games and the momentum grew. Ranieri was instructive in taking the pressure off them and letting them enjoy their free style of play.

I am not saying that if Pearson was still in charge Leicester would be top of the PL now. They probably wouldn't because Pearson is a bit of an asshole who pisses players off. Ranieri's character and personality has suited this Leicester team in a very timely fashion. I think even Ranieri is surprised and continues to be surprised every week when they win game after game. Next season they could be mid table at best with the same players.

For now though, I hope they win the league. No other team is more deserving considering that everyone else around them has spend millions on players.
Whut? You don't want Arsenal to win the league? Why?

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Of course, but the worst coach in Europe would not be able to keep a team at top of the table this long, credit is due where it is due and history tell us Ranieri do well with small teams.

Nov 29, 2002
Now you are becoming even more illogical :)

Yes, big deal, he wrote an allah o akbar at the end of a post but it didnt have anything to do with the question he asked. You told him Ranieri and Hodgson were nice guys. He asked you a simple question: What has Ranieri or Hodgson being nice guys to do with their abilities as coaches? He then asked you to tell him what Hodgson has accomplished as a coach and what he has won over the years and then you went off telling him some real unrelated stuff. Now, i see you might have a soft spot for being unrelated though because now you are trying to get the discussion with me down to your nonsense level as well. Save your breath for other stuff bro, i dont buy cheap stuff ;)

Ranieri or Hodgson being nice guys has nothing to do with their abilities as coaches.

I gave you Hodgson's accomplishments as a coach which are quite unique. I don't consider his achievements in scandinavia as a british coach "real unrelated stuff", you obviously do but whatever floats your boat.

"i don't buy cheap stuff"? What are you on, bro. Go read some Malazan. Why did you change your username by the way?

Tehol Beddict

Bench Warmer
Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Fantastic :)
You at least went on and googled Tehol Beddict, now the next step is to go and actually read Malazan to know about the most important character trait of him ;)

Btw, dude, are you trying to carry on the glorious way of IDM on ISP by any chance?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Go Leicester. Ranieri has done amazing job. He is great for smaller clubs but not so good with big clubs.

Tehol Beddict

Bench Warmer
Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Same Leicester with the same players and the same coach will be a bottom half club next year. We have always had clubs like this. They pop up, play an outstanding season before they come back down to earth the season after.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
Same Leicester with the same players and the same coach will be a bottom half club next year. We have always had clubs like this. They pop up, play an outstanding season before they come back down to earth the season after.
Yes, we always had clubs like this. Like Blackburn in 1995. And.. er... Blackburn in 1995

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Yes, we always had clubs like this. Like Blackburn in 1995. And.. er... Blackburn in 1995
Man you really insist to imitate IDM, dont you? We had that Montpelier team of 2011, we had Bursaspor 2009 that shocked turkey by winning the championship and take it away from the big three (and Trabzon), we had that 2008 AZ Alkmaar team, that surprisingly won the dutch league and we had that famous 1997 Kaiserslautern team that won the Bundesliga as a newly promoted team...etc all those teams shocked their leagues by becoming the domestic champions as absolute underdogs and never won it again.

Look dude, for me, it didnt even require googling to know all this, but feel free to go google and inform yourself about world football before you try to be funny. I am sure you will find a few more cases like this. You keep spamming like this and i think i seriously have to consider stopping to feed the trolls :D

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Exactly. They have a special momentum which will be hard to regain next season. Anyway, I think their best players will be snatched by other clubs, specially Mahrez and Kante.

Very different. Blackburn actually spent a lot of money (for that time) on big name players to win the PL. In the end they only won it because Manchester United failed to win at West Ham on the last day. They lost to Liverpool on the last day and if United had converted one of their many chances then.....

Nov 29, 2002
But his statement is "we always have clubs like this"

No we don't? Which other small club has topped the league like this since the inception of the Premier League?

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Man you really insist to imitate IDM, dont you? We had that Montpelier team of 2011, we had Bursaspor 2009 that shocked turkey by winning the championship and take it away from the big three (and Trabzon), we had that 2008 AZ Alkmaar team, that surprisingly won the dutch league and we had that famous 1997 Kaiserslautern team that won the Bundesliga as a newly promoted team...etc all those teams shocked their leagues by becoming the domestic champions as absolute underdogs and never won it again.
Don't forget Hellas Verona of 1985 and Sampdoria of 91, however, that Sampdoria was a good team with great players but never could repeat their accomplishment of winning another scudetto but reached the CL final and lost to Barcelona.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Exactly. They have a special momentum which will be hard to regain next season. Anyway, I think their best players will be snatched by other clubs, specially Mahrez and Kante.
Some coaches could not even maintain their special momentum even with big teams, credit is due where it needs to be, keeping this team at the top of the most expensive league for such a long time is an accomplishment, no matter how lucky and how much of momentum they have. There is no question Ranieri exceeded the expectation and deserve credit, especially when so many people doubted him.

Nov 29, 2002

Look dude, for me, it didnt even require googling to know all this, but feel free to go google and inform yourself about world football before you try to be funny. I am sure you will find a few more cases like this. You keep spamming like this and i think i seriously have to consider stopping to feed the trolls :D
Haha what a joke. You were talking about premier league and then you jump to other leagues - Turkish, Dutch, French etc...

You're the one who is on the verge of being banned chief, no one here takes a word you say seriously. So keep on trucking. You'll get there one day.

(On a serious note, I know you are trolling to get some attention, but go and find yourself a job. It's healthier that way).