loosing more respect for hillary for every day that goes

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
She should have given up long time ago, this stupied bitch is planning to continue on just to screw Obama over. I know there are Hillary supporters here in ISP, it doesn't matter who you think is the best at this time you have to admit that the game is lost. they are pretty much tied on super delegates and only a miracle can save her on the remaining delegates. Why is she being a sore looser? she knows that there is no chance of her getting the nomenation specially after today, why not give up?

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
because she is a selfish queen bee

if she isn't going to be the president, then no one should. She knows that if Barack wins the presidency, her turn will come in 8 years and by then it's too late.
She might have a run in 4 years and that can only happen with McCain winning. You get the deal..

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
While the case for Hillary Clinton to stay in the race is shakier than ever, one ugly reason for staying in could be found Tuesday amid the ruddy, sun-kissed Hoosiers who cheered her on to victory at the Indianapolis Speedway.

With Clinton posing alongside pioneering Indy speedster Sarah Fisher, there were almost no African-Americans to be seen. Many in the white, working-class crowd were simply not ready to back Barack Obama - for reasons that are disturbing.

"I'm kind of still up in the air between McCain and Hillary," said Jason Jenkins, 32, who cited information from a hoax e-mail as a reason to spurn Obama.

"I'll be honest with you. Barack scares the hell out of me,"he said. "He swore on the Koran."

Obama did manage to pull in many white voters, but still encountered similar sentiments from a man who refused to shake his hand at a diner in Greenwood, Ind.

"I can't stand him," the man said. "He's a Muslim. He's not even pro-American as far as I'm concerned."

Such feelings leave Clinton and the Democratic Party in a tough spot. With the largest number of remaining delegates nowbeing party insiders, they have to decide if Obama can overcome enough of that antipathy - essentially deciding if enough working-class whites will back away from the black candidate, whether because of the false Muslim rumors, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright flap or old-fashioned racism.

"I think that's right," said former Bill Clinton pollster Doug Schoen. "Obama showed that he could put together that coalition in North Carolina. In Indiana, he was less successful."

"He has to convince people that he can win over working-class whites in places like Florida, Ohio and Michigan," Schoen said.

That cold calculus, while not of Clinton's making, gives her a reason to stay in the race.

Two separate sources in the Clinton orbit insisted Tuesday night it's now more likely Hillary will pursue her quest until the August convention in Denver - unless party leaders rise up en masse and publicly tell her it's time to stop. The math, after all, remains solidly in Obama's favor.

"I can think of no reason why it would not go to the convention now," one top Hillary Democrat predicted. "Why should she get out?"

Some insiders still want to make sure no new bombshells will explode around the freshman Illinois senator.

"He could slip and stumble some more, her polls could continue to be strong, and once the party decides what to do with Florida and Michigan, his lead in the popular vote will be very narrow," an insider said.

A top Democratic source with insight into Bill's and Hillary's states of mind says the Clintons are convinced that a Democratic presidency is all but certain no matter how messy the fight for the nomination.

In that scenario - which the Obama side and some Democratic elders worry is wishful thinking at best, delusional at worst - there's no downside for Hillary doing whatever it takes for as long as it takes.

"At the end of the day," a Hillary loyalist who talks regularly to campaign headquarters sighs, "I think he still wins the nomination." But not without a bigger - and longer - fight than Obama, and many in the party, had hoped for.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
this whole thing is really funny...

I mean, if the working class of America wants to vote for McCain, then go ahead make my day. Should be lots of fun.
And alright, Barack can't win over vote working class voters, but he has the white academics, young whites and everything else. Did any black person vote for Hillary? How is Hillary doing among youngs and blacks? How did Hillary lose the plot despite all this experience? What about blacks and Obama supporters staying at home come elections?
There's a lot of bias there...

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
if she isn't going to be the president, then no one should. She knows that if Barack wins the presidency, her turn will come in 8 years and by then it's too late.
She might have a run in 4 years and that can only happen with McCain winning. You get the deal..
well put there..
and I'dnt be surprised at all, that if Obama wins and race against McCain, Hillary actually vote for McCain!!!

Jun 18, 2005
She is such a selfish asshole who is caught up in her delusions and ambitions.

This is solely about her. I dont blame Bill for cheating on her. God she is so freaking annoying. How did Bill ever end up with this woman?

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
if it was Obama who was behind by this margin, they would've forced him to quit 3 states ago, the Democratic party wants Clinton to win.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
On April 22 2008 in an interview with ABC news Hillbilly Clinton stated:

"I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president, we will attack Iran," Clinton said. "In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them."

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Vote2008/story?id=4698059

That was the end of this mad person for me. I was hoping for the Hoosiers to drop the final blow on her head, unfortunately it didn't happen but in any case she is finished.
BTW: I think Obama will be the next Democratic Presidential Nominee but unfortunately if he doesn't pick Hillary as running mate then we should get ready for inauguration of President John McCain. During national debates old goats of republican party will tear Obama apart if he decides to face them without Hillary/Bill.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
I personally don't like Hillary, but when you consider the facts of the general election she actually has a better chance of winning. This election, like the last two, will come down to a handful of swing states. Obama's problem is that he has failed to get traction with any of the constituencies that decide those contests.

Beginning in March with the Wright fiasco, then Bitter Gate, and even the Bill Ayers issue, the halo around Obama has been more or less obliterated. He has also been shown to have major difficulties attracting Hispanic, Jewish, elderly, and blue collar white voters. Without these demos he stands little chance of winning the all important swing states like Florida, Ohio, New Mexico, Iowa and even Pennsylvania and Michigan.

Obama's major support base right now are the liberal whites, the college crowd, and the Black community; but all three groups tend to vote democrat regardless of who's running. Working class whites aren't as partisan though. Democrats traditionally lose elections when they lose the working class white vote by more than 10 points. Kerry lost that demo by 17 points. With the recent Jeremiah Wright scandal and his own "bitter" comments I would be surprised if Obama manages to do any better with that crowd. In fact, I would guess he will do worse. The economy will pull some of those people in, but I'm afraid it won't be enough to keep the loss margin within 10 points.

iranissick

Bench Warmer
Dec 10, 2005
london, on
hillary jam'esh kon. she is not comparable to obama as a presidential candidate, at least not to any mildly educated audience. unfortunately there's a scarcity of that in the states. anyways Tracy Morgan on SNL said it best:

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
I personally don't like Hillary, but when you consider the facts of the general election she actually has a better chance of winning. This election, like the last two, will come down to a handful of swing states. Obama's problem is that he has failed to get traction with any of the constituencies that decide those contests.

Beginning in March with the Wright fiasco, then Bitter Gate, and even the Bill Ayers issue, the halo around Obama has been more or less obliterated. He has also been shown to have major difficulties attracting Hispanic, Jewish, elderly, and blue collar white voters. Without these demos he stands little chance of winning the all important swing states like Florida, Ohio, New Mexico, Iowa and even Pennsylvania and Michigan.

Obama's major support base right now are the liberal whites, the college crowd, and the Black community; but all three groups tend to vote democrat regardless of who's running. Working class whites aren't as partisan though. Democrats traditionally lose elections when they lose the working class white vote by more than 10 points. Kerry lost that demo by 17 points. With the recent Jeremiah Wright scandal and his own "bitter" comments I would be surprised if Obama manages to do any better with that crowd. In fact, I would guess he will do worse. The economy will pull some of those people in, but I'm afraid it won't be enough to keep the loss margin within 10 points.
There are some good points raised here. In comparing the '08 election to the previous one however, the dynamic has shifted slightly if not significantly mainly due to the economy which you mention, and the Iraq factor which has moved on for another 4 years without any progress whatsoever regardless of what the administration says. Given that it's become blissfully apparent that McCain is not the "maverick" candidate he was in 2000 and that he's going to merely be pandering to the conservative base, it could be closer in the swing states than what we saw with Kerry in '04.

However, if the blue collar constituency, who is feeling the economic squeeze most, feels that Obama is an elitist, the Rev. Wright or lapel flag pin issues are actually important, and that voting for essentially what will be a continuation of the current administration, which has done nothing for them the last 8 years, is a better choice than voting for Obama, then by all means go ahead, be stupid and get what you deserve....vote for McCain because he'll continue the motto of "We chew bubblegum and kick ass".