Los Angeles People...want honest opinion plz!

Jul 5, 2004
Hi bacheha,

I'll probably be moving to live in LA for the summer, but i've never been. To those who live there, what's life like? I'm going to be working, not leisure. Does one need a car to get around the city? Is it very lively at night? In particular, how is avenue of the stars and st monica blvd in relation to the city? is it in the heart of it or what?

I'm coming from the east coast, so it will be a new experience. hope you guys take some time to help me out!

thanks!

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
soccerby, I used to live there but not any more. You definetly need a car to get around. LA county stretches over a big land and consists of several cities. Public transportations are not that good eventhough in recent years they have added metro lines.
LA has a diverse population and is full of cultural activities, so you should be able to find various activities to do both at day time and night.
However, it's very different than NY and its Manhatan, so you may need to adjust your concept of "city" when you get there. As far as I remember Downtown LA is not a desirable place to hang out at nights. However, each city has its own center for hang out, for example Santa Monica's third street, West LA's Westwood Village, etc.
Hopefully someone who lives there can give you more updated, accurate and detailed view.

Oct 18, 2002
The most important thing if you're moving from East coast to LA is: "Remember that the ocean is on the wrong side"!

(courtesy Jay Leno)

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
zoozanagheh said:
soccerby, I used to live there but not any more. You definetly need a car to get around. LA county stretches over a big land and consists of several cities. Public transportations are not that good eventhough in recent years they have added metro lines.
LA has a diverse population and is full of cultural activities, so you should be able to find various activities to do both at day time and night.
However, it's very different than NY and its Manhatan, so you may need to adjust your concept of "city" when you get there. As far as I remember Downtown LA is not a desirable place to hang out at nights. However, each city has its own center for hang out, for example Santa Monica's third street, West LA's Westwood Village, etc.
Hopefully someone who lives there can give you more updated, accurate and detailed view.
Good description...