Man City capitalism exposed

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006

Man City's European ban Q&A: What could this mean for the club?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51511252

It is arguably the biggest story in English football this season.

Manchester City have been kicked out of the Champions League until 2022.

City are furious, claim they have effectively been found guilty by a kangaroo court and are promising the fight is not over by any stretch of the imagination.

But for now, they are out, which raises a number of serious questions for the club.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
It is a heavy fine but if you don't follow the rules, you are going to get punished. 30,000,000 Euros comes to $32 530,000 US but the also lose two years of major European Competition. Well, I know ONE team that won't win the next two UEFA CLs. They were dishonest with the revenue they received from endorsements, you can't do that and most likely FIFA will uphold UEFA's decision. Unless there is some corruption case, FIFA will honor UEFA's decision. I don't think Pep Guardiola had anything to do with this, this is a management thing but as the coach, he has to suffer as well. Bayern fan, for once I feel bad for the guy.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Manchester City’s CAS three-day hearing is over. Man City is likely to hear its fate in the first half of July, according to the court.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
LOOOL. RIP FFP

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/CAS_Media_Release_6785_Decision.pdf

Tribunal Arbitral du Sport - Court of Arbitration for Sport

MEDIA RELEASE

FOOTBALL – UEFA COMPETITIONS

MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS BUT DID FAIL TO COOPERATE WITH THE UEFA AUTHORITIES

CAS DECISION: EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION IN UEFA CLUB COMPETITIONS LIFTED; FINE MAINTAINED BUT REDUCED TO EUR 10 MILLION

Lausanne, 13 July 2020 - The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has issued its decision in the arbitration procedure between Manchester City Football Club and the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA).

The case concerns an appeal filed by Manchester City FC (MCFC) against the decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) dated 14 February 2020 in which it was deemed to have contravened UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations and sanctioned with exclusion from participation in UEFA club competitions in the next two seasons and ordered to pay a fine of EUR 30 million.

The Panel of arbitrators in charge of the matter, composed of Mr Rui Botica Santos (Portugal), President, Prof. Ulrich Haas (Germany) and Mr Andrew McDougall QC (France), conducted a hearing with the parties, their legal representatives, witnesses and experts on 8, 9 and 10 June 2020.

Following the hearing, the CAS Panel deliberated and concluded that the decision issued on 14 February 2020 by the Adjudicatory Chamber of the CFCB should be set aside and replaced by the following: a.) MCFC has contravened Article 56 of the Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations. b.) MCFC shall pay a fine of EUR 10,000,000 to the UEFA, within 30 days as from the date of issuance of the arbitral award.

The CAS award emphasized that most of the alleged breaches reported by the Adjudicatory Chamber of the CFCB were either not established or time-barred. As the charges with respect to any dishonest concealment of equity funding were clearly more significant violations than obstructing the CFCB’s investigations, it was not appropriate to impose a ban on participating in UEFA’s club competitions for MCFC’s failure to cooperate with the CFCB’s investigations alone.

However, considering i) the financial resources of MCFC; ii) the importance of the cooperation of clubs in investigations conducted by the CFCB, because of its limited investigative means; and iii) MCFC’s disregard of such principle and its obstruction of the investigations, the CAS Panel found that a significant fine should be imposed on MCFC and considered it appropriate to reduce UEFA’s initial fine by 2/3, i.e. to the amount of EUR 10 million.

The final award with reasons will be published on the CAS website in a few days.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Money talks but this article states MAN CITY WILL NOT BE BANNED for two years in UEFA CL.
Money talks they are one of the top 10 riches clubs, haven't seen the latest ranking but I would bet they are worst case top 15,
According to this article- NO BAN

The Premier League club challenged UEFA's decision to prohibit them from continental competitions, as well as a €30 million (£25m/$33m) fine, for alleged breaches of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations and failing to cooperate with its investigation.

If that were any of the other non big 4 clubs, I think they (UEFA) would have thrown the book at them BUT because Man City is a brand name
they got away with it. Can someone confirm if this is true or some tabloid news?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Like what if this happened to a team like Watford, Norwich City or Aston Villa, do you guys think the decision would have been reversed like it was
for Man City? I'm going to lean to no they would have had the book thrown at them, who cares about being banned from UEFA- CL for those tems
because they don't have a prayer of a shot anyways of making it, they might even get relegated.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Takbetak it is interested btw two things 1- They are not going to go too hard on the big clubs because money talks and PSG is a big club,
FIFA is in the business of making money. I found this interesting reaction to the reversal of Man $Hitty's ban.
Now if this were West Brom Abilon i don't think they would have gotten off that easily. Well, you don't have to worry about Pep Guardiola
and Man City, Bayern didn't even have to take care of them.
Oh and on a side note Pep Guardiola had 4 years and couldn't do $hit with $hitty $2 coach with $200,000,000 talent, take him out of
Barce and you see what he really is.