Manchester United Information Thread

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
Barcelona are putting transfer matters to one side after Eidur Gudjohnsen was linked with a move to Manchester United as part of a swap deal with Gerard Pique.
Gudjohnsen, who left Chelsea for Barcelona 12 months ago, is reportedly no longer wanted by Camp Nou coach Frank Rijkaard.
His father, and agent, has recently admitted that the Iceland international is not considering a return to the Premier League in the summer.
But reports in the Spanish media have claimed that Barca are keen to set up a swap deal involving centre-half Pique.
The youngster came through the Barca youth setup before joining United and has impressed during a season-long loan at Real Zaragoza.
However, ahead of the final game of the season against Gimnastic on Sunday, which Gudjohnsen will miss, Barca want to focus on matters in hand.
"Our objective is to win the last match and to win La Liga," a club spokesman told Sport. "The question of players is on stand-by until the end of the season."

Barcelona are putting transfer matters to one side after Eidur Gudjohnsen was linked with a move to Manchester United as part of a swap deal with Gerard Pique.
Gudjohnsen, who left Chelsea for Barcelona 12 months ago, is reportedly no longer wanted by Camp Nou coach Frank Rijkaard.
His father, and agent, has recently admitted that the Iceland international is not considering a return to the Premier League in the summer.
But reports in the Spanish media have claimed that Barca are keen to set up a swap deal involving centre-half Pique.
The youngster came through the Barca youth setup before joining United and has impressed during a season-long loan at Real Zaragoza.
However, ahead of the final game of the season against Gimnastic on Sunday, which Gudjohnsen will miss, Barca want to focus on matters in hand.
"Our objective is to win the last match and to win La Liga," a club spokesman told Sport. "The question of players is on stand-by until the end of the season."
Pique is from Barcelona so i am not surprised

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

well Sir,

Pique is a very good prospect,and he has done well in Zaragoza.
Gudjohnsen is pretty speedy,but he has had to deal with some injuries.( left knee)
but SAF is having an eye on a younger Icelandic striker : Veigar Pall Gunnarson, who was the Norwegian league's top goalscorer last season.he plays for Stabæk.
here is a clip:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf3MoRJwf-4"]YouTube - Veigar Pall Gunnarsson - Årets Stabæk spiller 2006[/ame]

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Doesnt ManU get enough?! not that Im jelous or anything..!:eek:

United 'bid for Serie A star'

By Tom Adams - Created on 14 Jun 2007

Fabio Quagliarella's agent has claimed that the Sampdoria striker could join Manchester United before the start of the new season.
Silvio Pagliari maintains Sir Alex Ferguson made a £10million bid for his client recently and, if the offer still stands, then the Italian international could be on his way to Old Trafford.
Quagliarella has become one of the most in-demand strikers in Serie A since his move to Samp last summer, and the 23-year-old announced his potential to a wider audience with two stunning goals in Italy's recent Euro 2008 qualifier against Lithuania.

After scoring 13 goals in 35 league appearances for Samp last season, his agent has now opened the door to a possible move to England.
"One month ago, Manchester United made a £10million offer," said Pagliari
"We believe Fabio is worth between €15 to €20million (£10 to £13million), hence if the English club's offer still stands, he could probably go abroad."
United chief executive David Gill has previously hinted that the English champions are seeking to purchase a new striker after already reinforcing their squad with the additions of Owen Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson.

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
shit will hit the fan the day they will have to pay 80 Pounds to watch the game on sopcast. ;)
Funny how no one seems to be concerned with it even if they owe 138 million GBP to hedge funds which is accruing at 14.25% which hasn't been touched yet and that's all on top of the 575 million GBP JP Morgan debt. But as long as the trophies come, I suppose fans won't care.......but they really should.

Nov 29, 2002

Quaglude - he is awesome. if man united sign him then the rest of the world should just stay in bed... sad..., they will be too awesome..

damn

AND, both man united and liverpool are going for renato augusto. i hope liverpool get him

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Quaglude - he is awesome. if man united sign him then the rest of the world should just stay in bed... sad..., they will be too awesome..

damn
Quagliarella

Arian opened a thread for him some time ago..

he is the only striker in the world who has probably all of his goals on YouTube.

As the great AC Jimbo Richardson said, he might not score 30 goals a season, but whenever he scores, it's something very special.

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
You guys concerned at all about your debt? Or is this more of a carpe diem situation with United fans?
If we sign Quaggy, you bet we'd sell Smith and earn at least half of the money.

And I guess SirAlex wouldn't mind spending part of next year's budget in order to get his desired players as soon as he can and, in case of Quaggy, before their prices go way up.

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
If we sign Quaggy, you bet we'd sell Smith and earn at least half of the money.

And I guess SirAlex wouldn't mind spending part of next year's budget in order to get his desired players as soon as he can and, in case of Quaggy, before their prices go way up.
LOL man, I'm not talking 5 million quid here and there...I'm talking about what I wrote 4 posts back.

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
LOL man, I'm not talking 5 million quid here and there...I'm talking about what I wrote 4 posts back.
Oh I thought u mean this year's budget.

regarding the f*king Glazers, what can I say, who's happy with them in charge? I guess in few years, if these guys are not able to continue, there would always be better ppl to take over. The ideal thing would be a fan body buying the whole club shares. It's possible if Glazer's f*k up.

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
15/06/2007 13:22, Report by Steve Bartram

Torres shrugs off move rumours

Spanish international striker Fernando Torres is brushing aside talk of a possible summer transfer, preferring instead to concentrate on pushing for UEFA Cup qualification with Atletico Madrid.

The 23-year-old forward has been repeatedly linked with a move to United over the past three seasons, with Liverpool among a host of other clubs credited with an interest in signing him.

Atletico need a victory in their final La Liga game of the season this weekend, coupled with a slip from either Villarreal or Real Zaragoza, to qualify for the UEFA Cup - an objective Torres is concentrating on intently.

"Everything will be dealt with during the summer," he told the official Atletico Madrid website. "People will talk about offers, and the only reality is the situation in which we find ourselves right now.
"It's the same thing every year, my position is to win here and I still have many years left. I'm sure that I'm going to achieve it and that's the goal that I have here. The opinions that count are mine and the club's."

Torres has continually rebuffed the chance to move from his boyhood side and, despite rumours that Atletico's poor form this season would prompt his exit, he has indicated that he could still stay in the Spanish capital.
"As long as we want to stay together, we will," he said. "It's a good sign that I have offers, and the year that nobody comes asking about me will be a bad one. If important clubs come it means that I continue to grow and make progress.

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
Gudjohnsen talk played down

United have not registered an interest in Barcelona striker Eidur Gudjohnsen, according to the player's agent and father.
The former Chelsea striker is among the host of players put forward as a potential summer signing for Sir Alex Ferguson, but Arnor Gudjohnsen claims he has nothing to suggest his son could be at Old Trafford next term.
He told PA Sport: “Honestly, I have not heard anything from Manchester United. I can confirm that. It's only speculation."
Barca are 90 minutes away from either retaining or surrendering the La Liga title this weekend as they face Gimnastic in their season's finale. With that issue unresolved, Gudjohnsen Senior does not foresee any major transfer decisions being taken.
"I think the club will decide many things after the weekend and what is going to happen after the game," he said. “Then, maybe you might see a clearer picture of what’s going to happen. But at this stage, nothing.”
The Icelandic international striker only moved to the Nou Camp last summer, and his father feels he would be more than happy for a second season in Catalonia.
"He’s very happy there," he said. "He hasn’t played so much after Christmas, but he came in before Christmas when Eto’o was injured and did quite well.
"So he actually wants to have another chance next season to prove himself even more.”

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
Italians claim Reds interest

Sampdoria chief Beppe Marotta claims United are interested in signing Italian international striker Fabio Quagliarella.
Reports from Italy suggested United had offered £10million for the 23-year-old, who is rated as one of Serie A's hottest prospects, and Marotta insisted on Friday there is genuine interest from Old Trafford.

"Manchester United wants Quagliarella? This interest became clear to us some weeks ago," said Marotta. "Though nothing concrete has been suggested. Our hope is to keep him here in Genoa for at least another year."
On Thursday the player's agent, Silvio Pagliari, claimed that United had already made firm their interest in Quagliarella with a big money bid, saying: "One month ago, Manchester United made a £10million offer.
"We believe Fabio is worth between 15 to 20 million euros (£10-13million), hence if the English club's offer still stands, he could probably go abroad."
Quagliarella made 35 league appearances for Sampdoria last season, scoring 13 goals, and hit an impressive brace on his international debut earlier this month against Lithuania.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Italians claim Reds interest

Sampdoria chief Beppe Marotta claims United are interested in signing Italian international striker Fabio Quagliarella.
Quagliarella
well, the burning question is: will Quagliarella's name fit on the ManU jersey!?:)

Quagliarella is half owned by Udinese, who confirmed this week that they would not be selling out their stake to Sampdoria and are determined to profit from any sales.
he is a great player.he scores superb goals . £10m would certainly be a bargain.
However,He has said himself that his best position is playing off the main striker. Just like Rooney, Rossi and Anderson. So he's hardly the new Saha that ManU may be looking for.(assuming that SAF is running out of patience with Saha's injuries.) Rossi ,at the very same position has done well in Parma.he should get a fair chance to play for ManU.
ManU should be looking at players capable of leading the line and according to Malcotti , Quagliarella is not that type of player.
IF SAF is looking for a Saha type replacment, he would be looking for a striker with good pace, good movement, good finishing and capable of link up play.
ManU was enquiring about him well before he hit the headlines. (before the Nani/Anderson deal) which goes to Show that the scouts are doing a pretty decent job. He may well have been in the bracket for ManU if Nani or Anderson were not bought. But he's not the frontline striker ManU needs.

and this report might put an end to any ManU move speculations,although knowing SAF to be a bit of " out of the box" type of guy, i wouldn't be surprised if he actually signs him!!!:)

Sampdoria chief Beppe Marotta says they'll fight tooth-and-nail to keep star man Fabio Quagliarella in Genoa next season.
"We will do all we can to keep him here in Genoa," said Marotta, who must speak with Udinese about their co-ownership of the Italy striker.
"We can't make any evaluations now, but we want to keep him here. That is also because of the excellent relationship we have with Udinese.
"We would only consider letting him leave if we were to receive an extraordinary offer, but I don't think that will happen and therefore Fabio will stay with us."