Manchester United Information Thread

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Louis van Gaal: The story so far

Manchester United TV (MUTV) has spoken to several key figures for an exclusive documentary lifting the lid on Manchester United's new manager Louis van Gaal.

Louis van Gaal: The story so far features interviews with football personalities who can provide invaluable insight into the successful Dutch tactician, including Ronald De Boer, Clarence Seedorf and Bryan Roy.

"Working on Louis’ background story was a real eye opener," said the documentary's executive producer Andy Bode. "We went to the Netherlands, Spain and Germany to speak to players and staff that have worked with him at the various stages of his career, from player through to manager. It became very apparent that Louis van Gaal makes a big impression wherever he goes!

"Although everyone has a different story – the theme is the same. He is a winner, and he demands the highest level of professionalism from his players and staff. He has a natural gift for working with young players and a love of attacking football, so I’m sure the fans will love him. The more I learn about him, the more convinced I am that he's perfect for United."

Link to watch & download MUTV's Louis van Gaal: The story so far

http://cloudyvideos.com/htz4h78id2dp

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Manchester United TV (MUTV) conducted an interview with Edward Woodward , Executive Vice Chairman of Manchester United while on USA tour. Ed talked about a range of topics including new manager Louis van Gaal , team unity , fan relations , United's commercial expansion and financial strength , transfers , etc.

" There is no fixed budget. Financially we are extremely strong and we have funds available .We want to do what it takes to win the title. "

[video]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21tarn_woody_news#from=embediframe[/video]

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Best of luck to Paddy with Juventus in Serie-A. he's moving from one great club to another great club.

Patrice Evra leaves Manchester United to join Juventus

Patrice Evra is leaving Manchester United and has agreed to join Juventus after eight-and-a-half years at Old Trafford.

Having agreed a deal to join Juventus from Manchester United and calling time on an illustrious nine-season career at Old Trafford, Patrice Evra released this statement to Reds supporters around the world :

"After a great deal of thought I have decided the time is right for me to leave Manchester United. It is the biggest decision of my career as this club is, and will always remain, in my heart.

Joining and playing for Manchester United has been a privilege, a dream come true and my time here has been so memorable. Through the good times and the bad times we have all stuck together and remained loyal. I have always said you don’t just join Manchester United, you join the family and long may that tradition continue.

"This club is steeped in history and I feel privileged to have become a part of that. Over the past nine years I have met and worked with some incredible people, many of whom will remain friends for life. I would like to thank everyone at the club - teammates, coaches and in particular all the staff who made every single day in Carrington or at Old Trafford a special day.

"An immense thank you to Sir Alex Ferguson for making it all possible, for giving me the privilege to be a captain, to be inspired by the legend of Manchester United and to understand that nobody is bigger than the club.

"My biggest thanks go to the fans. We have had some fantastic times together, we lifted all of those trophies together and that night in Moscow will live with us all forever. Every single time I stepped out in that shirt I knew I was playing for the badge and for a very special club. My passion for this club will live on and I know you guys will go on to enjoy more success in the coming seasons."

Patrice Latyr Evra , Honours with Manchester United

English Premier League Champion (5): 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2012–13
Football League Cup Champion (3): 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10
FA Community Shield Winner (5): 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013
UEFA Champions League Champion (1): 2007–08
FIFA Club World Cup Champion (1): 2008

[video=youtube;LEAOLtgyzus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEAOLtgyzus[/video]

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
"It was only when I became a United player that I found my true identity."

- Patrice Evra
Patrice Evra became an almost ever-present for Manchester United featuring in 81.8% of all United fixtures in the past seven seasons.

Such a passionate and inspirational player who truly loved playing for Manchester United. all the best Paddy.

It was an honour to share the last three seasons with Patrice Evra. Good luck in your new adventure!

- David De Gea

Patrice Evra i wish you all the best at your new challenge we will miss you here!!!

- Robin van Persie
A short MUTV video tribute to Patrice Evra

http://twii.edgeboss.net/download/twii/manutd/video_mufc_20140711_Evra_farewell.mp4

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Manchester United vs LA Galaxy tomorrow. :)

Manchester United's David Beckham at yesterday's Manchester United training session in Los Angeles.

Becks & Ander Herrera

Becks & Rafael da Silva

Becks & David de Gea

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Manchester United vs LA Galaxy
Pre-season friendly
Thursday 24 July 2014
Rose Bowl Stadium , Pasadena , California USA
KO : 20:06 Local Los Angeles time , 04:06 BST

Video footage of United training session

[video=youtube;gTA9SKclBbE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTA9SKclBbE[/video]

Boss relaxed ahead of opening friendly

Louis van Gaal says he is relaxed ahead of his first game in charge of Manchester United.

The Reds face LA Galaxy at the Rose Bowl on Wednesday night in the United States with fans across the world eagerly anticipating the chance to see the style, formation and tactics employed by the Dutchman. Van Gaal has had a close look at his squad and is beginning to embed his footballing philosophy into the players.

Although the Chevrolet Cup clash will be important in many ways, it is the opening Old Trafford fixture against Valencia that he already has in the back of his mind. After a disappointing season, van Gaal is determined to reward the fans for their unstinting support.

"Your first match is always special when you are coaching in a new club," he told MUTV. "But it's a match in preparation time. I think the game against Valencia at Old Trafford is more the match that I will feel the tension.

"I hope that my team is supported by the fans. That is very important because after last season, the fans are not spoiled, and I hope we can spoil these fans in this season."

Van Gaal accepts he will need to learn to adapt to United after making his first impressions but feels the club will also need to come into line with his way of thinking on certain subjects.

"Maybe it is too big a club," he opined. "Not only in a sporting sense but also commercially. We have to do a lot of things that normally I don't allow. I have to adapt to this big club but I think also this big club has to adapt to Louis van Gaal. I hope we can have some balance to that."

Van Gaal lauds assistant manager Giggs

Louis van Gaal has praised the work of assistant manager Ryan Giggs, whose famed attention to detail and unrivalled knowledge of the club has proven indispensable during the Dutchman's early endeavours as Manchester United boss.

Giggs brought an end to his legendary playing career in May and was immediately hired by van Gaal, who was keen to retain at least one member of staff from the previous regime. As the 62-year-old explained during an exclusive interview with MUTV, his decision is paying dividends.

“First of all, we have my assistant manager Ryan Giggs and I’m very pleased with him,” van Gaal said, when discussing his staff. “I talked with him before I signed. Your first impression is always important and that was very good, and now the impression is still improving because I know him better.

“Also, he’s working very hard, as are all my assistants. It’s important that they don’t have a job that’s 9-5. You have to work very hard when you’re my assistant – it’s not always a pleasant job. But he’s doing very well and I’m happy he’s on my staff.

“I’m used to keeping one member from the previous staff of the club because I want to know the culture and he can advise me. I want to know the players and he can advise me. I want to know the talent of the youth players and he can advise me.

“So I always pick up trainer-coaches from the last season; at Barcelona I did that with Jose Mourinho, at Bayern I did it with Hermann Gerland and now it’s Ryan Giggs. Therefore, I’m very pleased because he knows everybody, he knows the culture better than anyone working at Manchester United, I believe, so I’m very pleased he is in my staff.

“The staff are more important than the players. It’s unfortunate for the players that I say that but you have to implement a philosophy and therefore you need staff who can give me the confidence that they’re doing the things I require.”

Van Gaal is notably pleased by the way the players are responding to his methods, which currently involve double training sessions that are designed to build fitness ahead of the much-anticipated new season.

“They are hard-working players,” the manager said. “They are focused and that’s very important to me. I enjoy working with them and that’s much more important than you can imagine.

"When I see them doing the exercises that I and my staff require, they respond very well and they’re disciplined, and I like that because we need discipline on the pitch when we play a match.

“It might not be what they’re used to but double sessions are normal for me. I have the impression that, for some players, it’s very difficult.

"We have different players now because we have played with non-World Cup players for two weeks and now we have the World Cup players, from England for example. They have to adapt to the level of what is required now.”

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Welbeck's opener from Mata's assist

Manchester United 7 LA Galaxy 0
Pre-season friendly
Thursday 23 July 2014
Rose Bowl , Pasadena , USA

Attendance: 86,432

United goals by Welbeck , Rooney (2) , James (2) & Young (2).

Link to watch full match replay

http://livefootballvideo.com/fullmatch/world/club-friendlies/la-galaxy-vs-manchester-united

Link to watch goals

http://www.footytube.com/video/los-angeles-galaxy-manchester-united-jul24-286106?tchan_ov_vidgrid

Heavy win delights van Gaal

Louis van Gaal was a happy man after his first game in charge of Manchester United ended in a comprehensive 7-0 win over LA Galaxy.
The Reds got the pre-season tour of the United States off to an ideal start in Pasadena, thanks to goals from Danny Welbeck, Wayne Rooney (2), Reece James (2) and Ashley Young (2).

The quality of United’s football impressed van Gaal but he was most pleased with the way they adapted to his trademark 3-5-2 system, with debutant Ander Herrera sparkling in midfield.

“It is fantastic how they have performed today,” van Gaal said. “When you see us train, you can expect something but not 7-0. It was a surprise, but they were beautiful goals and beautiful attacks.

“The result always matters. With such a result you get confidence. We introduced a new system and played twice on the training pitch, 11 v 11. It is not very much, but the boys are willing to pick up the information. Last week, 10 players who played tonight were not even at our training complex.

“When I see my team playing a new system, it is better to win 7-0 than to lose because the players will then doubt the system. But now I don’t have that problem.”

The 3-5-2 formation, which featured almost entirely different personnel in the second half at the Rose Bowl, is a change from United’s traditional tactics but van Gaal had no qualms.

“When you want to change a system, you must start at once,” he said. “We don’t have time to prepare for other things.

“The other system they can play is 4-3-3 and they have played it for many years. I can change it back if it doesn’t work. With the quality of the players we have, I can play 4-3-3 with three strikers on the bench, but I want to play with two strikers.

“We have four number 10s, so the selection is not balanced in my eyes. I have decided to play this system because of the quality of the players. But if we lose, I can change back to another system.”

[video=youtube;oojb_eMcQvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oojb_eMcQvc[/video]

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Pictures from Manchester United's evening training session in Denver , Colorado preparing for tomorrow's friendly match against AS Roma.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Manchester United plays against AS Roma tonight. :)

Manchester United vs AS Roma
Pre-season Friendly
Saturday 26 July 2014
Sports Authority Field , Denver , Colorado , USA
KO : 14:06 Local time , 21:06 BST

Live broadcast by a host of TV outlets including Fox TV , ESPN Deportes , beIN Sports & Manchester United TV (MUTV) HD.

Rafael out of Roma match

Louis van Gaal has confirmed the Reds will be without Rafael for Saturday's opening match in the International Champions Cup against AS Roma in Denver.

The defender was forced out of Friday night's training session because of a groin problem and van Gaal told reporters at his pre-match press conference that Rafael is out of the meeting with the Italian giants.

"We'll have to wait and see [on his injury] but we know he cannot play [on Saturday]," said the United manager.

Van Gaal also revealed that he will "play with two different teams" at Sports Authority Field and said he is pleased with the way his players are taking to his training regime.

"The players are willing to pick up all the information that we say which is very important. They want to perform our philosophy. We have to wait and see how it develops.

"This morning was not a good session. It was 11 v 11 but tonight the positional play was great. They made the pitch big when they had the ball and small when they didn't have it. I see progression every day but also not good things. We are there to improve that.

"It's unbelievable that we are playing at two in the afternoon [local time], but we'll adapt to the situation," he added.

"All the players will play 45 minutes except Tom [Cleverley] and [Tyler] Blackett will play 90 minutes and for these players it will hard. We have enough players to have 45 minutes each and I hope we can have a drink. I'll convince the ref to have a drinks break like I did in Fortaleza [at the World Cup].

"You have to take into account the qualities of the opponent and give your team structure to do that so in training this morning we had a team playing like Roma and a team playing like United. We gave them structure."

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Van Gaal advised Depay to stay at PSV another year. If there's one man whose advice Depay will take seriously, it's van Gaal. I'm liking Louis more and more ;)
Yeah. I like the idea of Depay staying another season in Holland to develop further. :)

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Manchester United 3 AS Roma 2
Pre-season Friendly
Saturday 26 July 2014
Sports Authority Field , Denver , Colorado , USA

United goals by Rooney (2) & Juan Mata.

United:

Johnstone (Amos 46); Jones (Michael Keane 46), Evans (Smalling 46), Blackett; Valencia (Young 46), Cleverley (Hernandez 70), Herrera (Kagawa 46), Reece James (Shaw 46); Welbeck (Will Keane 46), Mata (Lingard 46), Rooney (Nani 46).
Subs not used: De Gea, Lindegaard, Fletcher, Zaha.

Rooney's cracking shot for the goal

Mata's goal from Rooney's pass

Youtube link to match highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNrrLOesMX8

Link to full match replay

http://livefootballvideo.com/fullma...al-champions-cup/manchester-united-vs-as-roma

Youtube link to full match replay

[video=youtube;2YStIueZo-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YStIueZo-Y[/video]

Van Gaal: Conditions affected us

Louis van Gaal was not completely satisfied with his Manchester United team’s performance in the 3-2 win over Roma, which he attributed to the playing conditions in mile-high Denver.

The Reds claimed three points in the opening game of the pre-season International Champions Cup at the Sports Authority Field, thanks to goals from Wayne Rooney (2) and Juan Mata.

Van Gaal made 10 changes in the second half and the Reds’ performance became gradually more disjointed, as Roma rallied through goals from Miralem Pjanic and Francesco Totti.

The Reds held out but van Gaal cut a disgruntled figure afterwards, bemoaning the heat, altitude and 14:00 kick-off time.

"I am pleased that we have won but it was not a good performance," the Dutchman said. "54,000 people came to watch us but we can perform much better.

"We are not used to this hot weather. I think we didn't play a good match because of the height of the stadium, the air, because all my good passers failed today.

"I said when the World Cup was here in ‘94 it wasn't wise to play here at noon. America has a top sports climate but you have to play football at the right time.

"When you are 3-0 ahead, the only thing you have to do is keep the ball in possession and then the opponent has to run and run and run. It’s very difficult in this hot weather to do that.

"But we forgot to do that [keep possession] and we brought Roma into the game ourselves."

Van Gaal was nevertheless delighted with Rooney’s delicious curled strike and Mata’s impish control and lob. He also praised Miralem Pjanic’s incredible long-range effort for Roma, but disagreed with the decision to award a penalty against Michael Keane for handball.

"Some of our passes failed, the ball was bobbling all the time and we didn’t create so much, but we scored three fantastic goals," he added.

"The pass from Rooney to Mata was unbelievable, despite the heat and the height. Mata was running with his brain at the right moment.

"They also scored one fantastic goal, so then it was 3-1. But the penalty was not right: you cannot award a penalty when a shot hits your hand or arm from two metres away."