Manchester United Information Thread

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Well few things we learn today that first of all we don't have the players for this formation. Even though this was our second or even 3rd team but there is no excuse playing like this. I am hopping we get one more defender before the window is closed and start playing 4 at back. so far not a good result for LVG. 3 games, 2 lose and one draw.... Hopefully he realize that 3-5-2 does not work in England plus you don't have the players for this formation.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK

Here is hoping that a good number of young Manchester United players get a chance to play tonight. the likes of James , Powell , Wilson , Pearson , Blackett & Keane twins. :)

Milton Keynes Dons vs Manchester United
Football League Cup 2nd Round
Tuesday 26 August 2014
Stadium mk
KO : 20:00 BST

Live broadcast by Sky Sports.
LoL yesss hahahhahha

Attachments

Nov 29, 2002
that was united second team line up .
Not an excuse. They played against a 10 year old club from a new "fake" city with more man united fans per population than Salford and which plays in the country's third tier.

De Gea, Chicharito, Welbeck, Kagawa, Januzaj, Phil Evans are all considered top tier players.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Not an excuse. They played against a 10 year old club from a new "fake" city with more man united fans per population than Salford and which plays in the country's third tier.

De Gea, Chicharito, Welbeck, Kagawa, Januzaj, Phil Evans are all considered top tier players.
Neither Chicharito nor Kagawa nor Welbeck are certain starters for United. Kagawa didn't even play for too long as he suffered a concussion and was subbed out early in first half.and Evans had his first match last night after his long injury and was naturally rusty.

Like i mentioned in EPL thread , typically Manchester United and other top EPL teams use this League Cup to allow a good number of youngsters and fringe players to play in it. and with current injuries to senior players there would be no point in risking injury to key first team players in this cup while there is a much bigger game coming up in a few days in EPL. this League Cup is a good venue for top EPL teams' youngsters to play competitive matches and get evaluated by the coaching staff. MK Dons played a good game last night and took advantage of United youngsters' inexperience as well as mistakes by players such as Evans who was rusty due to having come back from an injury and playing his first match in a while.

However , if you or other members want to continue this discussion then we can have it in that EPL thread or a new League Cup thread.this thread is strictly Manchester United Information thread and not intended to discuss matches or transfers or do banters or talk about other clubs and competitions. i hope you avoid turning this Information thread into a matchday thread in the future. i have already made my points about this League Cup match in EPL thread and you can also continue the discussion in there or in a newly made thread about League Cup and i will gladly join the discussion. thank you.

Last edited:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
In case you missed it .. here it is

MK Dons 4 Man united 0

SkySports commentary HD ... Complete and utter Humiliation for United fans

[video=youtube;DPVbLMPMypc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPVbLMPMypc[/video]

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Milton Keynes Dons 4 Manchester United 0
Football League Cup 2nd Round
Tuesday 26 August 2014

United:

David de Gea , Jonny Evans, Marnick Vermijl , Michael Keane , Reece James , Saidy Janko ( Andreas Pereira) ,Nick Powell (James Wilson),Shinji Kagawa (Adnan Januzaj) , Anderson , Javier Hernandez ,Danny Welbeck

Substitutes : Ben Amos , Tom Thorpe ,Adnan Januzaj , Wilfried Zaha , Paddy McNair , Andreas Pereira , James Wilson

Link to watch highlights

http://footyroom.com/mk-dons-4-0-manchester-united-2014-08/

Link to watch full match replay

http://www.footballorgin.com/2014/08/milton-keynes-dons-vs-manchester-united.html

Van Gaal: United fans have to believe

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal is asking fans to remain faithful and patient following the Reds’ shock 4-0 defeat to MK Dons.

His team’s premature exit from the Capital One Cup left the Dutchman feeling very disappointed and rueing “big errors” at costly times. But van Gaal hopes United supporters can see past the humbling reversal and await, in time, the impact of his arrival and ideas.

“It’s difficult for the fans, I know that, but they have to believe in our philosophy,” Van Gaal told MUTV. “At the end, they can judge, but not now. I hope they shall maintain their confidence in the club and in our philosophy because that philosophy takes time. We are building up a team which you can’t make in one month, even one year.”

Van Gaal was again impressed by his first-hand experience of United’s fans – in other words, those in attendance at Stadium MK, supporting the team from the stands.

“As they were at Sunderland, the fans were unbelievable. For me it’s unbelievable and it’s fine to hear that, but I don’t want to lose for the Manchester United fans. I want to give them victories and I’m used to giving victories to the fans and I hope we can turn around these defeats.”

Analysing the Reds’ defeat to the Dons, van Gaal cited big mistakes at bad times as chief causes for the cup exit.

“It was a matter of making errors at wrong moments,” he reflected. “When you see the goals against us, I believe there were big errors in the build-ups. When you make errors like that, you give the match away.”

The Dutchman admitted he risked a system change at half-time in a bid to turn the situation around and gave credit to the cards played by his opposite number, MK Dons boss Karl Robinson.

“I am a coach that is always taking risks because I want to win," said van Gaal. "It's also one match (a knock-out cup tie) so when you are thinking you have to win, you have to take risks.

“There was only one goal and one shot in the first half but then I changed the system and we played one against one over the whole pitch. We created a lot of chances then but we were not lucky.

“We had another building-up error and they scored (to make it) 2-0. Then you know it shall be very difficult. You cannot go back anymore because you have to win and there were a lot of spaces given away. The (MK Dons) manager anticipated that well by bringing in a forward who was very quick and used the space well. Out of other errors it was then 3-0 and 4-0. They (MK Dons) scored after each error.”

As for mitigating circumstances, van Gaal added: “We shouldn't forget that we have nine injuries (in the first-team squad). This means I’m having to look to the younger players and the second team which is the team we played tonight. When you analyse the situation it’s not as bad as you think."

Nov 29, 2002
Neither Chicharito nor Kagawa nor Welbeck are certain starters for United. Kagawa didn't even play for too long as he suffered a concussion and was subbed out early in first half.and Evans had his first match last night after his long injury and was naturally rusty.

Like i mentioned in EPL thread , typically Manchester United and other top EPL teams use this League Cup to allow a good number of youngsters and fringe players to play in it. .
If these youngsters, kagawa, wellbeck, chicharito, evans and de gea are too weak for the most unpopular team in england/league one team, this begs the question why did he choose this team for what would be a crucial cup for Manchester United. A possible entry point to europe and a chance for a trophy? Why did he not take this seriously. How are you guys excusing this.

But I guess he is untouchable

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Next Manchester United match is today. :)

Burnley vs Manchester United
EPL week 3
Saturday 30 August 2014
KO : 12:45 UK time

Di Maria set for United debut at Burnley

Angel Di Maria is set to make his Manchester United debut in Saturday’s Barclays Premier League meeting with Burnley, having already impressed manager Louis van Gaal in training.

The Argentinian only completed his £59.7million transfer from Real Madrid on Tuesday, but has been deemed fit enough to take his bow at Turf Moor.

“He has impressed me,” the boss told MUTV’s Stewart Gardner on Friday. “The first training session was with all the boys and he was very impressive. The second was a little bit less so but he has to adapt to the culture and the players with whom he shall play.

“It is the other way around also: the Man United players have to adapt to his way of playing. I believe he is ready to play. He is fit enough. He played a match in Madrid and he is ready to play.”

Asked if Turf Moor will provide a culture shock for Di Maria, a former resident of the Bernabeu, van Gaal said: “A game is a game and a match is a match. He has a lot of hunger to play because he wants to support Manchester United. He said it in the press conference. He is a very modest guy. He wants to work for the team so I am very curious about his first appearance.”

Van Gaal has repeatedly stressed it will take around three months for the players to adapt to his philosophy and the new 3-5-2 formation. Nevertheless, he is continually looking for improvement and hopes his side can up their game on Saturday.

“I hope we can build up more carefully than the last matches because we created a lot of chances in the last match against MK Dons. But we had problems in building-up situations. We also lost the ball in the first phase of our building-up and then we gave the ball away. They had six chances and scored four goals. We had 11 chances and zero goals.

“It is always difficult to play a promoted team in the first five, six and seven weeks as they are very motivated. It is also, more or less, a derby so it shall be very difficult to win there. It is a small pitch, the crowd is on the pitch and they can stimulate the players of Burnley. But we have to win, it is simple.”

Saturday’s match will not be van Gaal’s first match against Burnley or indeed at Turf Moor, given that he once took charge of a friendly against the Clarets for Ajax in 1991. While he doesn’t remember much about the game, which his side won by a slender margin, he has spotted a common theme between then and now.

“It was also a step in the process because I had taken over from Leo Beenhakker and we won the UEFA Cup in my first year. In my second year, we won only the Cup in the Netherlands. That is the year that we played against Burnley and won 1-0.

“It was post-season of course but, okay, it was a narrow escape and I don’t remember nothing about that match. But what I want to say is that it was also a step in the process. In my third year, we won everything with Ajax. We beat Burnley 0-1 and, the year after, we won everything.”

[video=youtube;I0FR9P6HAiA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0FR9P6HAiA[/video]